Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: AVENTUS by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I tried Aventus today. The pineapple in the opening was short-lived. I did like it for the few minutes I could smell it. The drydown failed to captivate my interest. It stayed very close to the skin. Overall, inoffensive and unremarkable.
    I agree, not offensive but not unforgettable. It is ok, nothing special, I am waiting for the eau de cologne that is coming in 2011 in the spring.

Tried this today, and honestly... I get how people are saying that it's not exactly a blockbuster; however I found it pleasing in an odd way.

It's not over the top, it's not mind-blowing, it's inoffensive indeed. But I found it masculine and something I will invariably own very soon.

I'll be in Dallas in three weeks
    can't wait to try it!
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I tried a spritz of this at the Basenotes meet-up on sunday, and really liked it, but it was one of the last things I smelled that day so my nose was pretty blown by that point.

So today i'm wearing it from the free samples that we got, and I'm liking it alot. The fruity topnotes are actually quite nice on me and very different from most of the things I own. I don't get much of the apple, but the blackcurrant and pineapple are definitely noticable. The base is quite pleasant, very soft and somewhat austere, which is in contrast to the warm fruity top. It moves from a patchouli-wood sort of thing into an patchouli-vanilla-ambergis thing. On me at least the base stays somewhat close to the skin and doesn't project, but seems to be lasting quite some time. Didn't get really much of the oakmoss at any stage.

I quite like it overall. It's probably not going to set the world on fire or anything, but I do find it quite pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    I'll be in Dallas in three weeks
    can't wait to try it!
    As will I! I will fight you for the tester at Neiman marcus.

I do not know the aromachemical/musk, but many know the "sanitary" note in GIT referred to as "doctor's office" "dentist's office", or even "flea collar"....

..It's in aventus. after doing a sinus flush, as i do routinely every few weeks, and being able to smell with greater detail, that note is there. And even though it's been weeks, with the aid of sinus flush i can smell the last remnants of the pineapple/currant still. Granted I saturated the card until it was transparent, but still.

Does anyone know what the "flea collar/dentist's office" note/musk in GIT & Aventus is?

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Does anyone know what the "flea collar/dentist's office" note/musk in GIT & Aventus is?
    No, but I laughed when I read this. I do get small flashes of that note with GIT.

I do not know the aromachemical/musk, but many know the "sanitary" note in GIT referred to as "doctor's office" "dentist's office", or even "flea collar"....

..It's in aventus. after doing a sinus flush, as i do routinely every few weeks, and being able to smell with greater detail, that note is there. And even though it's been weeks, with the aid of sinus flush i can smell the last remnants of the pineapple/currant still. Granted I saturated the card until it was transparent, but still.

Is it camphor or some constituent of it (also overlaps with lavender a little and certain aspects of mint?)
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Is it camphor or some constituent of it (also overlaps with lavender a little and certain aspects of mint?)
    no. it's something that doesn't occur in nature I think. Perhaps something they use in dry fumigant sterilazation (so common in dentistry/doctor's office) as well as an active ingredient that fleas hate the smell of. It's not a sharp or crisp smell, it's a very blunt/muted sterile "greenish/grey" smell. It's used in many 80's scents also, but harder to fixate on the smell amongst powerhouses like Santos and such.

could even be a......(gasp)......PRESERVATIVE !!!!!!

Blog Entries

no. it's something that doesn't occur in nature I think. Perhaps something they use in dry fumigant sterilazation (so common in dentistry/doctor's office) as well as an active ingredient that fleas hate the smell of. It's not a sharp or crisp smell, it's a very blunt/muted sterile "greenish/grey" smell. It's used in many 80's scents also, but harder to fixate on the smell amongst powerhouses like Santos and such.

could even be a......(gasp)......PRESERVATIVE !!!!!!
    OMG - I know that smell! I love it, too.

Presumably a fragrance component that's cheap and really holds up well in functional perfumery.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    OMG - I know that smell! I love it, too.

Presumably a fragrance component that's cheap and really holds up well in functional perfumery.

Blog Entries

LMAO

Yes - as you say. A wood preservative!

i'm wearing Himalaya right now for the first time since getting Aventus and seeing a LOT of similarities.

most notably the "middle stage" that I've described... a bit smoky and dry. It's a little stronger in Himalaya, but it's the same thing.

Himalaya has grapefruit and lemon (along with bergamot) top notes, which are sharp citrus that gives Himalaya its "sport" feel... Aventus has a sweet wet pineapple (along with bergamot) up top, which gives more of a sexy/informal vibe.

anyone else smell what i'm smellin here??

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    i'm wearing Himalaya right now for the first time since getting Aventus and seeing a LOT of similarities.

most notably the "middle stage" that I've described... a bit smoky and dry. It's a little stronger in Himalaya, but it's the same thing.

Himalaya has grapefruit and lemon (along with bergamot) top notes, which are sharp citrus that gives Himalaya its "sport" feel... Aventus has a sweet wet pineapple (along with bergamot) up top, which gives more of a sexy/informal vibe.

Himalaya has certain mineralic dryness and dry cedar to balance the thick masculine musk and ambergris. Acentus seems to have a lighter dose fo diffferent dry woods and cool dry powdery/smoky florals instead of mineralic. And of course, the unisex musks used in Aventus are far less "thick" and greasy/waxy than the musks used in Himalaya.

But yes, they both give a certain dry/chilled-cool/light/smokey-powdery/fresh presence in their late midnotes to bases'.

I'm wearing Aventus for the second time today. It's really nice for about 40 minutes, then it goes away fast. No duration or pop on me. I put my nose down in my shirt and I can't smell it. It's been about 6 hours. Not promising for me.

That's odd... I've gotten 8 hours out of wearing it today. Mind you, it's 100 degrees in SC right now, but it still didn't turn into a sillage bomb nor bloom; however it did come off as still pleasing.

I'm in the minority... I like it. But I'm not willing to pay full price for it yet. I can admit that I'd be willing to get rid of a few fragrances to make room for it though.

Blog Entries

I'm curious where the New York Times review quote of "Mesmerising!" comes from. I went looking for a Chandler Burr review to no avail. Burr was a 4* fan of Virgin Island Water, so if he was gaga for Aventus, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm beginning to think this frag falls in line with Creed's lightweight EDTs - sort of a Napoleonesque cologne. If it was more or less designed that way, then the weakness may just be in the game plan. I will be interested to compare it to my EDCs and lighter Creeds, since that may be what it's designed to be.

[QUOTE=Redneck Perfumisto;1892497]I'm curious where the New York Times review quote of "Mesmerising!" comes from. [QUOTE]

Here ya go: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...aventus&st=cse

[QUOTE=mrcologneguy;1892619][QUOTE=Redneck Perfumisto;1892497]I'm curious where the New York Times review quote of "Mesmerising!" comes from. Interesting that it's in an article on women's fashion.

Good analogy Red, I hadn't thought about it this way but it MAY be their interpretation of Napoleon's reported height.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I'm beginning to think this frag falls in line with Creed's lightweight EDTs - sort of a Napoleonesque cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Interesting that it's in an article on women's fashion.
    it's also interesting that Creed would quote "mesmerizing" from a blurb that isn't very complimentary of the house in general. i guess they don't know about the googles:

"Creed (est. 1760) offers a prodigious menu of classy but not altogether memorable scents. One exception: Aventus, which was introduced just last week. This mesmerizing mix of bergamot, apple and pineapple perched on wood and oak moss is evanescent and summery, so chill it, and deploy quickly."

If my name was Creed I would be ashamed of Aventus. It's pure unadulterated crap. I get more scent out flavor enhanced water. I can buy a bottle of Propel and pour it on my head and have a better scent day than I would with Aventus. Simply a new low for Creed. For a house to offer such greats as Vintage Tabarome and Windsor, Aventus is a disgrace to the Creed family, and lovers of the house.

You know how Creed likes to boast what famous people wear their fragrances? I can see the add for Aventus now "all the children in The Partridge Family wear Aventus".

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    If my name was Creed I would be ashamed of Aventus. It's pure unadulterated crap. I get more scent out flavor enhanced water. I can buy a bottle of Propel and pour it on my head and have a better scent day than I would with Aventus. Simply a new low for Creed. For a house to offer such greats as Vintage Tabarome and Windsor, Aventus is a disgrace to the Creed family, and lovers of the house.

You know how Creed likes to boast what famous people wear their fragrances? I can see the add for Aventus now "all the children in The Partridge Family wear Aventus".
    It did not live up to the hype that is for sure.

Himalaya is one of my Creed favourites. If only it could have the strength of Amouage I would be happy! I do not get that "sport" vibes with Himalaya.

Tried this yesterday at Neiman's and I have to say ... I didn't think it possible a fragrance could POSSIBLY have shorter longevity than D'Orange Verte Concentree but Creed has done it! Absolutely DOUSED the back of my hand before walking into the movie theater and before the previews were even over, the scent completely disappeared without a trace. It was nice enough while it lasted but extremely poor projection. I wouldn't pay ten bucks for this joke.

Nothing beats the drama of a Creed thread. Five pages worth. How long will this go.....

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Nothing beats the drama of a Creed thread. Five pages worth. How long will this go.....
    250 years perhaps? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I wouldn't pay ten bucks for this joke.
    As someone who thinks Aventus is among the most dissapointing Creeds.....I'd definitely pay $10 for it. But I wouldn't go over $45-5o/120ml

I sampled it today at Nieman's and thought, "I could pick up chicks with this."

Sorry, just had to be the first to say it.

Actually. it's not bad stuff. The fruity opening dissipated quickly, but the mid and basenotes lasted for at least five pages.

I'll probably end up buying a bottle. IMO not nearly the big flop that I expected after reading this choice thread.

Duplicate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Actually. it's not bad stuff. The fruity opening dissipated quickly, but the mid and basenotes lasted for at least five pages.
    Not surprising. I seem to recall you're a fan of R&G Extra Vielle. Aventus is cologne-ish to me and people who like that vibe will like this.

People who don't will curse the day Oliver was born.

Cologne-ish - yes, I could see it. It strikes me as a masculine scent, especially after the fruit opening. Which I why I too found it surprising that the NY Times featured it in a womens column.

Cologne-ish - yes, I could see it. It strikes me as a masculine scent, especially after the fruit opening. Which I why I too found it surprising that the NY Times featured it in a womens column.
    Hmmph. Even the Creed Boutique web site has it locked as a masculine (and they list several of our faves here as unisex).

Who knows?

To some who asked why its priced a bit more than the standard millesime line: it could be the quality leather wrapped around the bottle (similar to their atomizers). The bottle feels sturdy and solid.
    -

Not surprising. I seem to recall you're a fan of R&G Extra Vielle. Aventus is cologne-ish to me and people who like that vibe will like this.

People who don't will curse the day Oliver was born.
    very true.

i wonder, then, why those who claim to hate Aventus turn around and say "i can't wait for their Eau de Cologne in the spring of '11"?!?!?!

very true.

i wonder, then, why those who claim to hate Aventus turn around and say "i can't wait for their Eau de Cologne in the spring of '11"?!?!?!
    Because it likely won't be chock full of a slightly dated (in a bad way) tropical fruit note, and will have more discriminating taste. Whereas everything dated about extra vieille, is dated in a way that exudes taste and refinement. Not bad for Roger & Gallet's low retail price.

very true.

Because not all eau de colognes have the same smell. It might bring something totally different to the table.

While many like to vilify Creed, the truth is many have high hopes that anything they put out will meet all their expectations. Some of us (like myself) have a strong preference for the older, potent Creeds. I would love to see them kick some butt in that arena.

Windsor was very encouraging. Felt to me like they exerted some real strength with that one. An odd duck of scent to me, but masterfully executed and clearly a quality fragrance.

Many of their most current offerings are just not for me. But I'm not going to dump all over them because Aventus, OS and OV aren't a must buy for me.

They're just trying to adapt to a changing landscape for men's scents. I don't know what the current best sellers are among recently introduced scents at large. But I'll bet they're more in the vein of Aventus than BdP or GIT.

This group in here is in my view little or nothing like the buying public at large. I believe there's about 30,000 members; about 5,000 of which are active at any time. How many people pass through the cologne section at Creed retailers every day, every week, every month. A lot more than that.

I love my VT, but a girl friend in her mid-30s likens it to Old Spice. Whistles that little song whenever I wear it around her. Aventus she'd probably like.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th July 2010 at 01:33 AM.

I also like the classics, the last fragrance I liked was viw in 2007 but I love git, bdp, vt, rel, vetiver 1948 etc.

This group in here is in my view little or nothing like the buying public at large.
    Very true. I would be interested to see sales numbers for aventus in relation to the other popular millesimes in july of 2012 *spooky rimshot*

I love my VT, but a girl friend in her mid-30s likens it to Old Spice. Whistles that little song whenever I wear it around her. Aventus she'd probably like.
    The topnotes reminded my girlfriend at the time of Jovan Musk. And she was right. The drydown has such class and exudes such a respectable presence, and I remember being so exited when I bought the 2.5oz tester on ebay from miami's fragrance express for $72.50 free shipping like 3 years ago. i sold it after realizing I just was never going to wear it, and only had it out of respect for the composition. Sold it like 6 months later for $135 plus shipping, thinking I got over....little did I know 50ml's would go for $405...and quick.

But yes, the point you're making is valid, and Aventus being in the women's column will yield a few female fans who wear it themselves, and alot more who after testing may want to buy it for their BF/DH. My girl said "it smells good", despite it not smelling like it's price point in the slightest. It "fits in" far more than most other Creeds, which itself is not bad for the long term health of the house. I just wouldn't expect any glowing reviews from those who have been exposed to the greatest of the great. We will see.

My girl said "it smells good", despite it not smelling like it's price point in the slightest. It "fits in" far more than most other Creeds, which itself is not bad for the long term health of the house. I just wouldn't expect any glowing reviews from those who have been exposed to the greatest of the great. We will see.
    this goes back to my original point about this frag... i wonder if we (well, some of you guys) have forgotten the value of "smelling good".

meaning... i wonder if you are so focused on the trees, that you forget the forest. you are so consumed with Creed putting out some quirky, anachronistic scent that a COLLECTOR would love, that you forget what it's like for something to just plain smell good.

i have this argument with a lot of my friends who are musicians. many music aficionados get so snobby about music. they like bands that they discover, until, that is, they get popular. then they stop liking them. not because their music changed, but because too many people like them and they aren't "special" anymore.

I own Windsor. I own Vintage Tab, and Acier Aluminium. I love Bois de Santal, Angelique Encens, Cuir de Russie, and a bunch of other "classic" Creeds.

And while I realize that Aventus is of a different philosophy, at the end of the day I can't wait to wear it because it just smells so damn good.

Do you listen to music that sounds good, even if it's "pop music"? or are you so obsessed with finding an obscure, eclectic band that you've forgotten how to just enjoy music?

similar question here...

i have this argument with a lot of my friends who are musicians. many music aficionados get so snobby about music. they like bands that they discover, until, that is, they get popular. then they stop liking them. not because their music changed, but because too many people like them and they aren't "special" anymore.

I own Windsor. I own Vintage Tab, and Acier Aluminium. I love Bois de Santal, Angelique Encens, Cuir de Russie, and a bunch of other "classic" Creeds.

And while I realize that Aventus is of a different philosophy, at the end of the day I can't wait to wear it because it just smells so damn good.

Do you listen to music that sounds good, even if it's "pop music"? or are you so obsessed with finding an obscure, eclectic band that you've forgotten how to just enjoy music?

similar question here...
    I very much relate to this analogy. Had this exact same argument with my music snob friends on a number of occasions. It's a good comparison to Aventus, if you're hung up on its "ordinary" aspects - quotes there, because I'm not entirely convinced it's ordinary at all.

I for one like when things are not so mainstream that I no longer have something unique to some degree. That is why I do not wear acqua di gio I do not want to smell like everyone else. With that being said I have Le Male that many have but I like it regardless, I like what I like but just because everyone likes a certain frag does not make me want to jump on the bandwagon and buy it too. I buy what I like , even if people hate what I have like Royal English Leather,etc.

I hear what you're saying Muffin. I'm not that way. I just have a preference for stronger juice. The fact that VT is some kind of collectible now is just bad luck for me. As I've developed this hobby, I'm drawn to stuff that's usually pretty potent. Nothing wrong with light scents. Just not usually for me.

Also, being a mature guy I often like to enjoy my mature-ness. I can't rock some of those newer scents.

I don't rule out trying Aventus again. My sample was very small. I also think it would be better in heat and it's been very temperate here this summer.

I very much relate to this analogy. Had this exact same argument with my music snob friends on a number of occasions. It's a good comparison to Aventus, if you're hung up on its "ordinary" aspects - quotes there, because I'm not entirely convinced it's ordinary at all.
    thanks... and for the record, i think Aventus is just an extraordinary take on a popular industry trend right now. if Creed already had a frag or two in this genre, it would be a letdown... but Aventus is very unique in their lineup. no other Creed smells like it, or has the same vibe.

this goes back to my original point about this frag... i wonder if we (well, some of you guys) have forgotten the value of "smelling good".

meaning... i wonder if you are so focused on the trees, that you forget the forest. you are so consumed with Creed putting out some quirky, anachronistic scent that a COLLECTOR would love, that you forget what it's like for something to just plain smell good.

similar question here...
    I personally think some on this site have forgotten about "smelling good". Some seem bent on smelling different, unique, or odd for the sake of doing so. That's their prerogative. Mine is fairly conservative, fresh, inoffensive and mainstream by BN standards. Which is contrary as I'm a universally very assertive dominating counterculture liberal outside the fragrance world.

Me, I always have kept my same taste since i first smelled all the colognes that were out when I was a pre-teen.......Polo Sport, Cool Water, Bowling Green, fragrances sharing thse same themes/notes/aromachemicals, and better versions of 4711 will forever be in my wardrobe. I'm a conniseuer on pretty much everything that interests me...Women, Food, soul/jazz/funk/soundtrack music and the music that samples it, basketball, cologne, cannabis....I'm a supersnob on all these sorts of things, but a functional deep-rooted perfectionist with permanent classic unchanging taste. The taste only expands larger. Typed too arrogant, yes. But true.

So I think I'm perfect Male critic to Aventus from a simultaneous dual-conscious dichotomy of bn/joepublic.

i think Windsor inspired two threads about 12-pages deep each.

so 5 pages for Aventus isn't too crazy!

So I think I'm perfect Male critic to Aventus from a simultaneous dual-conscious dichotomy of bn/joepublic.
    good post.

as i've expressed before, the reasons you and StylinLA have given for not preferring Aventus are extremely valid and i can understand. also, you use the terms "don't prefer" or "are disappointed with". that matters.

it's those who say "it smells like a can of Dole pineapple juice" or "if my name were Creed, I would kill myself because of Aventus" that make me want to be a mod so I could dispatch of them with extreme prejudice.

good post.

as i've expressed before, the reasons you and StylinLA have given for not preferring Aventus are extremely valid and i can understand. also, you use the terms "don't prefer" or "are disappointed with". that matters.

it's those who say "it smells like a can of Dole pineapple juice" or "if my name were Creed, I would kill myself because of Aventus" that make me want to be a mod so I could dispatch of them with extreme prejudice.
    Even if uber-discriminating taste is delivered with extreme prejudice, it is sometimes one of the best barometers. pleasing the unpleasable is a feat unaccomplished my nearly all. But it's rewarding in a most silent, unacknowledged, and most satisfying way. It's a form of selfless supremacy imo.

Whoa Dullah. You're getting too heavy for me at 10pm.

Blog Entries

Ah, you should learn to love the put-downs, Muffin - it really makes Basenoting so much more enjoyable. I never laughed as hard as when Trebor skewered two of my greatest faves (Guerlain Homme EDT and the EDP Intense) by saying that they were "both banal, each in its own special way." Still cracks me up.

You're right about our being collectors with exotic tastes. In our zeal as collectors, we must never forget the advice of the admired Roudnitska, who said that above all else, the frag should smell good. Still, we have to remember - it won't smell good to everybody.

I think more people need to stop getting so emotional about different opinions on fragrance. They are opinions, they are not meant to be taken so personal. There are frags I love and people do not like and reverse and I respect that. It can be funny sometimes the comments on both sides that is what makes this great, if everyone though the same it would be boring.

Moderators did you ban Muffin?

Please let him be... he'll learn the rules as we all go along...

Thanks. (-:

thebeck wrote:
    "If my name was Creed I would be ashamed of Aventus. It's pure unadulterated crap. I get more scent out flavor enhanced water. I can buy a bottle of Propel and pour it on my head and have a better scent day than I would with Aventus. Simply a new low for Creed. For a house to offer such greats as Vintage Tabarome and Windsor, Aventus is a disgrace to the Creed family, and lovers of the house."

Wow, that's some review. Quite a strong opinion. My review would be just as extreme, but at the other end of the spectrum. As I've admitted earlier, my first wearing of Aventus was unimpressive. I bought a small bottle to match my small opinion. After spending a full day in the stuff, I was hooked. I went back and bought a 4oz flask. I have about 7-8 Creeds in my collection, but none have floored me like this. Ive got over a hundred bottles in my whole collection but with Aventus, I've considered, for the first time, having a signature scent. I don't write this to be defensive, or to galvanize the Aventus fans. I write this to remind us all of the subjectivity involved in the sense of smell. If one bashes a fragrance for technical structure (longevity, sillage...) I can better understand that. For the record, Aventus has given me 10+ hours every time -- something I can't say that about Himalaya, MI, VIW, Neroli, Erolfa ... Are they "disgraces" to the house of Creed? I'd say no. That said, passion, with regard to any art form, is fantastic. But let's remember that fragrance is, at the end of the day, an art form. Open to everyone's interpretation. Hyperbolic statements like, "Creed should be ashamed of themselves," or "Creed men should no longer reproduce because of Aventus," or whatever, just comes off as elitist patronization bordering on bitchy bullsh$&. Because YOU don't like it doesn't indicate the fall of the house of Creed.
    Last edited by MikeNY; 29th July 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Here is my take on Aventus. First, I don’t own a single creed, nor do I own Aventus (yet, still deciding). So I’m not this hardcore Creed loyalist, and more of an outside perspective given.

First, it smells awesome, period. Sell out? I don’t agree. I see Creed evolving, becoming more modern with Aventus. IMO (I’m 26), a lot of the Creeds smell dated, and too mature for me to wear. GIT is okay, but not worth the price tag. Aventus is the only Creed I could see myself buying and owning.

Its very expensive, but considering how one spray will almost fill a room, it could be worth it and last years and years.

I’m still on the fence. If it costed $150 like other creeds you could buy at discounters, I would already own it.

I read though this thread, and I’m completely disconnected emotionally. I’m not a Creed loyalist, or a Creed hater, I’m 100% neutral.

To my noise, Aventus absolutely REAKS quality. I was at Nieman Marcus and spoke w/ a Jo Malone SA, and I asked what her fav fragrance was and she gave me this almost sexually aroused look and said “Creed Aventus”. - THAT says something. Some collect fragnraces to collect, some wear to smell good to others. I'm in the latter ship.

I’m neutral in this emotional fight and see it for what it is. An old house turning modern. – Metallica anyone? - some like change, some don’t. No need to get all uppidy about it.

"I was at Nieman Marcus and spoke w/ a Jo Malone SA, and I asked what her fav fragrance was and she gave me this almost sexually aroused look and said “Creed Aventus”. - THAT says something."

Yeah, it says that she was trying to sell you the newest expensive fragrance they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Moderators did you ban Muffin?

Please let him be... he'll learn the rules as we all go along...

Thanks. (-:
    You kidding me? lol

If Aventus were made by a house other than Creed, would it be able to generate a thread a tenth as long?

I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I agree, not offensive but not unforgettable. It is ok, nothing special, I am waiting for the eau de cologne that is coming in 2011 in the spring.
    Why wait for the Eau de Cologne? It won't last as long and may even be weaker and from what I hear Aventus is already lacking o the sillage department. I am with StylingLA, I like a little sillage. I want to be able to smell what I am wearing.

Some people are saying Widsor is great. Does anyone have a little sample they can spare? I would love to try it.

I finally got my sample of Aventus. I put it on the back of my hand last night and really like the opening. I agree, It has some resemblass to Bleeker Street, don't see the Purple Label resemblance. I went to bed so I was not able to experience the dry down everyone is talking about. In the morning, It was all gone, so I don't think this frag is going to last the 10hrs on me as it does on some of our fellow BNers. I actually have worn Joop, which I got from our fellow Davidbond and I wore it all day and still had the powdery dry down the next morning. Now, that is what I would love to have out of all fragrances, but I know that is not possible. I am going to try it again, next time in the morning so I can experience the whole Scent. If it matters at all, this one of two Creed fragrances my wife has said that it smells good.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    If Aventus were made by a house other than Creed, would it be able to generate a thread a tenth as long?

I doubt it.
    There is nothing more compelling than a former great fallen from grace....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews