Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Results 1,141 to 1,191 of 1191

Default Re: AVENTUS by Creed

I have the smokey batch and I have to say that it lasts well into the next day and projects just as long. Very rare for Creed in my experience, with the exception on VIW which lasts a good 12-15 hours for me.

well today I tested Aventus on me

I bought it from this guy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200817140413...84.m1497.l2649

to tell you the truth I was expecting something strong...I always spray 1 spray in my wrist but for this aventus I have to put my nose in my wrist to be able to feel something...

I have the Chuck Norris Batch

10362_256.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but was recommended by a friend of mine who is a member here. I am looking for a new bottle of the z01 batch does anyone have one or know where I can find one to purchase? Thanks

today i tested zara gold and was shocked that i spend 120 EUR for 75 fot aventus and can get a good alternative at zara for about 19.90 EUR !!!!!!!! test it!!! my aventus is brand new , should i sell it??????

wow i dont expect something like this. i washed my hands a lot a take a shower and the zara smells already on my skin very good.

so. i bought the bottle (b11z01) and my mom said... urgh... you smell musty... not good.. sorry. now iam very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    so. i bought the bottle (b11z01) and my mom said... urgh... you smell musty... not good.. sorry. now iam very disappointed
    Do you wear fragrances for your mom or for yourself? I mean what's the big deal if your mom doesn't happen to like Aventus. More important thing is you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JyyskNotes View Post
    Do you wear fragrances for your mom or for yourself? I mean what's the big deal if your mom doesn't happen to like Aventus. More important thing is you like it.
    Yeah my Mom told me I can't sing!

yes its a fine fragrance but not fine that people say you smell not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Yeah my Mom told me I can't sing!
    I think you sound awesome!

correction.... today my cousin and my mom said it smells good. does the bottle must breathe like a wine, to get the full aroma ?

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    correction.... today my cousin and my mom said it smells good. does the bottle must breathe like a wine, to get the full aroma ?
    Some people say that but I'm undecided. IMO, the fragrance should smell perfect out of the box. I shouldn't have to wait 6 months or 2 years for it to "Breathe".

Does anyone has the latest batch of aventus 12D01 and its black creed logo on the bottle?

what about E01 batch?

Quote Originally Posted by ahchiong View Post
    Does anyone has the latest batch of aventus 12D01 and its black creed logo on the bottle?
    i'm S42B12D01B black logo strong smokiness less pinapple
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

Quote Originally Posted by ducaticorse View Post
    i'm S42B12D01B black logo strong smokiness less pinapple
    Hmm mine's A42B12D01, cant really compare cos i hadn't had previous batches. But it smells heavier on the smoke to me. Just curious, how come urs have 10 digits for the batch number. First time coming across it though.

I dunno why but my bottle have 10 digits , i prefer less smokiness and strong pinapple like C02 batch
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

I bought a bottle of Aventus about 4 months ago from Neiman Marcus, and enjoyed wearing it during the summer. The fruit and smoke combination really grew on me and with each wearing I looked forward to the development of the smoke soon after the almost purely fruity (pineapple) opening. With the change in seasons I've moved more toward autumn fragrances, like Chanel Sycomore and Slumberhouse Norne, both having more smoke than Aventus.

The couple of times I've recently worn Aventus all I get is the fruit notes...I'm missing the smoke entirely! Is it possible that the smoke notes in Aventus are disappearing as it ages (it's a 2011 batch, 42b11z01)? Or is it likely that my nose (and taste) has adapted to the heavier smoke in Sycomore and Norne, so that I no longer detect the smoke note in Aventus? I really miss the progression/development I originally detected in Aventus...help!

For reference, the large Aventus flacon is stored in a dark cabinet that does not get hot. I decant from it into a black Creed atomizer that is also stored in a cabinet away from heat and light. So, I don't think storage "abuse" is an issue.
    Last edited by demcav; 23rd November 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I have the Chuck Norris Batch

10362_256.jpg
    the first rule of having the Chuck Norris Batch...

What is the 'Chuck Norris Batch' exactly?

What Lot No. do you guys have benzganesh and Matkinson?

Quote Originally Posted by pav View Post
    what about E01 batch?
    I just purchased two bottles of this batch. It's an excellent combination of pineapple and woods, gets pretty smoky in the drydown but in a good way! It has beastly longevity and projection. Definitely one of the best batches I've tried...

Any thoughts on Y02 Batch? How does it compare to X02?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I just purchased two bottles of this batch. It's an excellent combination of pineapple and woods, gets pretty smoky in the drydown but in a good way! It has beastly longevity and projection. Definitely one of the best batches I've tried...
    Good to hear, was looking into getting an E01.

How would you compare all the Batches you tried from 'best' to 'worst'?

And how is the Lot No. written on the bottle of E01? Engraved like some 2011 bottles I've seen, or laser etched or whatever in black print?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried E01 at a Neiman Marcus. The Lot No. is engraved on the back on the bottom brim and only says 'A42B12E01'.

Received a decant of Y02 today. Definitely liking the Y02 better. E01 was too much pineapple and just stayed that way. Longevity was great but didn't like the balance. Y02 on the other hand is smokier and less pineapple, and I love this combination much better.
    Last edited by a5m; 20th December 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Default just got my samples of aventus.... ehhh

i smell like a high school kid who is trying to hide the fact that he smokes from his parents....

that was my first thought, i may have got the ''smoky'' batch. in the middle it is very burnt and smoky smelling... but the dry down is pretty nice. ill need to test the top notes with an atomizer later before i go out, but so far im not getting much fruit... its just an odd tartness with a stale cigarette smell in the background, mized with a random manly scent. ill wear it to the club later anyways.... unless my grey vetiver sample wins me over lol.

Default Re: just got my samples of aventus.... ehhh

Aventus is simply average and unmemorable, in my opinion.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Banned
    Blog Entries

To some people Aventus is a monumental fragrance, "heaven in a bottle", and to others it's just average.

Me, I think it's one of the best fragrances out there.

But go beyond your first impression and give it a few tries.

My first time trying Aventus, I thought it wasn't bad, but way too strong and way too bizarre.

But two or three tries and I love it.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Aventus is simply average and unmemorable, in my opinion.
    This.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    aventus is simply average and unmemorable, in my opinion.

great lord aventus has decided not to bestow you appreciation of its divine resonation!!!!

Y O U A R E N O T W O R T H Y !!!!!!!

I like it and am happy to own a bottle.

What is this Aventus you speak of??
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 31st December 2012 at 10:12 PM.

the dry down on it is actually really nice, i think if i were to order a ''fruity'' batch id like it. to me the dry down is very leathery, with a slight powdery flower note and a tinge of sourness. its a soft but manly drydown. ill keep testing it and see what happens

It didn't blow me away when i first tried it either. I do feel like there's an addiction factor to it though...the more i wear it, the more i want to wear it again

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    This.
    + 2

Ok... Well now that I fully wore aventus....

Totally buying a split on here. The stuff is so delicious. Definitely needs to be sprayed on from about 8-10" away. It is amazing, soft, sweet, leathery. I put it on 3 hours ago and I can still smell it every time I move.

I bought a 30 ml sample on ebay and I gave it to my 15 yo brother since it was pretty simple for me and no longevity and sillage but in my 15 yo the smell is OK not that good and I can feel it even at 1 meter.... well I see aventus does not work for me but at least a little much better in my little brother

I just got a bottle of this, just wondering why my whole insert is written in all arabic? Everything else looks/ smells legit... Will test the longevity too

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    I just got a bottle of this, just wondering why my whole insert is written in all arabic? Everything else looks/ smells legit... Will test the longevity too
    You have a fake! Just kidding. It's a 3rd party vendor bottle. My Royal Oud has an Arabic insert. It was a bottle that was original meant for the middle eastern market. The Arabic writing and Toilet Water stamps are something that have been discussed plenty on this forum. You'll have to get used to it if you buy from online discounters.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

When 500ml bottles NYC Boutique recieve? http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-p...854009347.html

There was no splits cuz that recently.

At the end of the day, I like but do not love Aventus. Very good cologne, but it's not like an All-Time Top 5 for me. Glad I have it, but I could sure live without it. I have about 4 other Creeds I like better.

I was actually the first person to post a review of Aventus -- I've just noticed. Do I get a prize???

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    + 2
    +3. Wore this off and on for weeks now and it's just unremarkable. I get more reaction wearing TdH and its cheaper and better quality to me. I like many Creeds too.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I was actually the first person to post a review of Aventus -- I've just noticed. Do I get a prize???

You should have been banned.

WHAT!??!? Someone commented in the Aventus thread rather than creating a new thread? I didn't know that was even possible!

Surely, this must be a sign of the end of times. THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT!!! ...or something.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    Creed of Paris, supplier of bespoke fragrances to royalty and aristocracy since 1760, has named a polo team after its newest scent for men. Called Aventus and inspired by Napoleon, the luxurious fragrance was created by hand from ingredients sourced from important locations in the great emperor’s life. The newest addition to Creed’s prestigious Permanent Collection, it will debut this fall at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and the Creed boutique in New York City. The newly-minted Creed Aventus polo team meanwhile will play at high-profile matches this summer in England and France.

Aventus, which takes its name from an ancient word meaning “success”, contains blackcurrant from Corsica, where Napoleon was born; bergamot from Italy, site of victories that made him famous; Calville Blanc apples from France, where he rose to be emperor; royal pineapple, Napoleon’s favorite palace dessert; Napoleon Roses, named in his honor; Louisana birch, the wood of his throne; Jasmine from Egypt, where his empire reached; and oak moss from Spain, which he conquered, among other ingredients. Part of the proceeds from U.S. sales benefits American Rivers, protecting U.S. waterways from harm.
    .......Creed "fairy tales" again. Welcome to Disneyland.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    .......Creed "fairy tales" again. Welcome to Disneyland.
    Then call me Mickey Mouse because my wife loved it on me when I got home! But I admit IMHO it's not that great, except that women love it.

Aventus smells good but I think the reason I keep wearing it is because of the feedback from the opposite sex.

NEVER fails to get compliments from women.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    You should have been banned.
    I know -- I have got to live with it. What have I spawned.

My wife even commented that she could still smell it on me this morning. Powerful, quality stuff.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Then call me Mickey Mouse because my wife loved it on me when I got home! But I admit IMHO it's not that great, except that women love it.
    Gals dig Mickey Mouse, that's why.

Does anybody know anyone doing splits to the US? I can't seem to find any… looking for 120-250ml. I can buy it off of creed once they get more in stock! Advice would be awesome
    Last edited by seahawk; 27th March 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    Does anybody know anyone doing splits to the US? I can't seem to find any… looking for 120-250ml. I can buy it off of creed once they get more in stock! Advice would be awesome
    http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-p...854009347.html
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Thanks,

but I was trying to do a split to save some $ I did one on here about a year ago and it went over smoothly, so thought I might take a stab at it again!

… edit and I just saw yours :O
    Last edited by seahawk; 27th March 2013 at 06:28 AM.