Code of Conduct

Default The blending of fragrances

So lately, I've begun blending many of my fragrances on my skin when I'm in the mood for a semi-custom scent.

Successful blends
    a) L'Artisan Voleur de Roses to start, LV Musk to smooth out the sharper plum notes of VdR and to warm everything up, and finally a tad of Ungaro III to add more dark, earthy, floral notes but most importantly, more masculinity to the overall blend. What you get is a very melancholic yet beautiful rose centered blend. I wear this when I'm in a quiet mood.

b) YSL Rive Gauche as a clean warm spicy woodsy base, Guerlain Vetiver its fresh dirty citrus earthiness, and LV Musk to soften, warm up, and smooth everything out. When you first apply RG and Vetiver, it smells pretty damn nasty but once it dries down, it smells sooooo damn sexy. Like, REALLY sexy - at least to me. With LV Musk, it's more of a romantic-sexy but without it, it's down right in-your-face dirty-sex-me-up sexy (for use in clubs or bars or whenever). I love it! haha ;D

c) Guerlain Vetiver and a bit of LV Musk. For those who find Vetiver a little too sharp, the addition of a little LV Musk smoothes this fragrance out completely. It also makes Vetiver a lot more suitable to wear in cooler temperatures

These are my favorite blends so far. As you can tell, I like using LV Musk as a base for my blends. It goes well with most fragrances and it really warms up and smoothes out everything. I just purchased 20mL decant of LV Musk and I can't wait until it comes in When I have the money, I'll be getting the larger bottle.

Failures
    a) Chanel Pour Monsieur and Guerlain Vetiver. What I had in mind when blending these two was to have the fresh citrus bitter earthiness of Vetiver with the sweet, mossy, muskiness of Chanel PM's drydown acting as a base to warm Vetiver up. This was a complete failure. Chanel PM opens up very citrusy and dries down very nicely (which is what I was looking for). However, the addition of Vetiver completely prevented the dry down so all I was left with was a highly citric mix of lemon, bergamot, neroli, etc. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Anyways, if anyone else likes to experiment with blends, please post your "recipes" here!

Default Re: The blending of fragrances

Do you consider wearing three different fragrances on three different parts of the body to be "blending"? Because I'll usually have a home-sprayed fragrance on my chest/neck, and then go out and test two different fragrances on my wrist.

I've done the LAYERING thing on purpose once. When I first joined Basenotes, I was given recommendations for YSL Rive Gauche PH and Azzaro Pour Homme because I liked Faberge Brut. So, last week, I layered Rive Gauche and Azzaro Pour Homme. It didn't smell bad, but I LOVE them on their own and generally prefer it that way. I'll have to experiment with more layering on my days off.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    Do you consider wearing three different fragrances on three different parts of the body to be "blending"? Because I'll usually have a home-sprayed fragrance on my chest/neck, and then go out and test two different fragrances on my wrist.

I've done the LAYERING thing on purpose once. When I first joined Basenotes, I was given recommendations for YSL Rive Gauche PH and Azzaro Pour Homme because I liked Faberge Brut. So, last week, I layered Rive Gauche and Azzaro Pour Homme. It didn't smell bad, but I LOVE them on their own and generally prefer it that way. I'll have to experiment with more layering on my days off.
    I'm pretty selective where I wear the fragrances, depending on the effect I'm looking for.

For example, for the RG Vetver Musk blend

I first spray my wrists (from a far distance so a light mist is hitting the entire length of my inner arm including my inner elbow and pulse point) with Rive Gauche. Next, Vetiver goes on the the pulse points of the wrists (opposed to the entire length). Then I spray my midsection/torso (but not upper chest or neck) with Rive Gauche. Vetiver goes on my pectorals. Then I apply LV Musk to my neck / upper chest. I do this specifically because if I'm dancing with a girl, her head will most likely be closest to mine/my neck. Hopefully, she'd be smelling Musk the most - which I find a very nice intimate snuggling type scent. I suppose in my crazy reasoning, the musk will make her want to stay closer and longer ;D

So basically, Rive Gauche is the base for everything. Vetiver is there to add a sexy raw dirtiness to the overall blend. Musk is to keep me from seeming too raunchy. I guess RG/Vetiver is to 'reel them in' while musk is there to 'keep em close.'

LOL, that's insane, and I like it. ;D It's so methodical. I have over 40 fragrances (most of which are decants) and it will take me a while to try out all the combinations. ;D

So I wore my RG V M blend today when I went out with a lady friend. She said it was very pleasant... then proceeded to jump me. haha jkjk .. or not

Just wanted to say it's a successful blend ;D

Don'ts: Jaipur EDP and Geir, Chergui and Le Male...this one especially [smiley=bath.gif]
    These were done by accident

My younger brother did an Armani Code & Le Male blend yesterday. Wasn't bad but still smelled very generic and not unique - which is what I'm looking for when blending: something unique and special and hard to reproduce without knowing the recipe or ingredients

1 spray of Gucci Pour Homme + 1 spray of Givenchy Pi = Homemade Dzing! *

I'm kidding, but this combo seems like it would work...

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    1 spray of Gucci Pour Homme + 1 spray of Givenchy Pi = Homemade Dzing!

I'm kidding, but this combo seems like it would work...
    Yeah, I can see that working but I'm not sure how it'd be like Dzing!, which is pretty heavy on the sweet leather/canvas note. I've never been a huge fan of Pi. In fact, I would never wear the stuff - way too sweet on me. But the addition of the heavier spicy and smoky woods of Gucci PH might change that. Hmm.. I gotta try that one day!

So today I blended two L'Artisan fragrances: Voleur de Roses and Tea for Two.

Nothing ground breaking but quite wearable if you find that either scent on their own just doesn't cut it for the day. They actually go together very nicely and it's hard to pick them apart. I think it's the smoky, thickness of each one that allows them to meld together so well.

In fact, right now, I actually feel like I'm sipping tea while sitting in a rose garden! : ) Quite the... spring scent.

Keep experimenting and updating, and I will keep reading, especially if it pertains to fragrances in my wardrobe. Hint hint. Just kidding. ;D I'll have to be more daring on my off-days and try out some combinations. ;D

I remember good old Serpent dared me to layer Kouros and Kingdom. It actually smelled pretty good on the drydown.
    I know PaulG likes to wear L'Artisan Tea for Two and Vanilia together but I've never tried it. Of course there were some thread in the past about mixing all sorts of Creeds together. The only one I've tried is MI and SMW which is nice.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Excellent, I have Millesime Imperial and Silver Mountain Water. I'll try those. ;D

I had great success applying Dior Homme first, letting it dry through that intense powdery stage, and then putting one Bulgari Black. With this recipe, I get the amazing dry, smoky rubber of Black, but with a more complex base than its bland vanilla undertone. Its a smell that reminds me of the inside of that Bentley I'll never own.

The blend for today isn't too original but it works. I'm not trying to set any landmarks when I blend, I simply look for fragrances that can be meld together to create something different, unique, and at times, better. Again, I was going for a rose based blend and something rather melancholic. It was a gloomy day and I'm was in a gloomy mood. Since I ran out of LV Musk, I was left with two rose fragrances to work with. Here goes:

I started off with a spritz of Ungaro III to the chest and one to my wrist, which I dabbed onto the other. Voleur de Roses was applied next. First lightly to all areas of the neck and a little on the nape of my neck for sillage and then more heavily to both sides of each wrist. At first, I was going to stick to just this but the scent wasn't melancholic enough! - the plum notes of VdR were just way too bright for my liking.

I stood there thinking of how to bring the mood down .. minutes passed .. then I had an idea! Why not add a smoky note to the blend? So I pulled out my vials of Tea for Two and Dzing! I gave them both a small whiff and decided to use Tea for Two - Dzing!'s rubber-leather note just didn't cut it for me.

The addition of TfT was pretty complimentary to the entire blend. It's deep smoky, sweet-black-tea character worked quite well with UIII / VdR and dropped the mood a couple notches. However, though it was a good blend, it didn't become the dark, melancholic blend I was searching for - it was more artistically, quiet, if you know what I mean. It became a spend-time-alone-reading-or-at-an-art-museum type scent. Maybe it was the plum notes of VdR (I wish they were toned down a bit). Perhaps it was actually UIII that stirred things up. UIII does have this fresh, clearness to it that prevents it from being a true 'dark' scent to me.

I don't know, ladies and gents. I'm still on the search for a truly melancholic blend. Any ideas?

Next time, I think I'm going to try using Gucci PH. I was a little ticked off this morning because I didn't find out that my package (containing gucci ph and envy) arrived until AFTER I finished applying the fragrances. The deep smoky woods of GPH seem like they would make a good base for layering fragrances on top.

That's all for today

Yea, thus would be created a historical Eastern-European fragrance:
    Tsar Visit Bulgari

I went out to a club last night with some buddies and wore a blend of Gucci Envy and Rive Gauche.

*thumbs up*

yeahhhhh... not in the mood to type right now

A bit tired right now, but 4-5 sprays Tommy Bahama + 1 spray Creed Spring Flower= AMAZING! Well I like both individually, but this blend works wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by nefertem
    I had great success applying Dior Homme first, letting it dry through that intense powdery stage, and then putting one Bulgari Black. With this recipe, I get the amazing dry, smoky rubber of Black, but with a more complex base than its bland vanilla undertone. Its a smell that reminds me of the inside of that Bentley I'll never own.
    Hmm, that sounds like an interesting combination, I must try it some day!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

a mix of villoresi vetiver with a little etro patchouly is the one my gf likes to breathe in deeply it's not what i'd call subtle though

I tried Madini's rose oil in combination with FM Musc Ravageur. I didn't care much for it, but my girlfriend melted. Seriously. I had to scrub her out of the carpet.

Took ages.

Today I am wearing M7 plus JHL.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Rive Gauche with LV Musk is awesome. Intimate night in scent.
    So is Gucci Envy with LV Musk. Intimate night out scent.
    But both would lead to intimate mornings as well, if you catch my drift

In fact, I'm so in love with LV Musk, I'd add it onto anything! haha jkjk

I was wondering if you mixed some perfumes together and people really liked it and people were willing to buy it off you. Would you be allowed to sell it under another name or would you get into patent, trademark problems?

shah

I'm sure it's legal as long as you don't claim the original ingrediants are your own creations, as well. So if you list what's in it, it should be legal.

I'm not too sure though

Here are some nice ones:

30% Acqua di Gio, 50% Lauder's Obsession, 20% Eau Sauvage = Wonderful blend! The harsh, cloying citrus of the ADG is nicely reduced and balanced by the ES and Obsession. Still a bit citrussy, but has a nice, refreshing depth

50% Lauder's Obsession, 50% Eau Sauvage: A darker, richer, musky scent with a slight powdery note. my female officemate (VERY good nose, recognizes a lot of scents immediately) was very intrigued and liked it a lot.

50% Cool water, 20% ADG, 30% Tommy Freedom: A fresh, citrussy blend that lasts for a long time. Helps avoid the sick, cloying note of the Tommy Freedom

50% Burberry Touch, 50% Herrera for Men: Whoah! Now this blends NICE! Real depth, warm yet fresh... Hard to place, but mixes wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    Here are some nice ones:

30% Acqua di Gio, 50% Lauder's Obsession, 20% Eau Sauvage = Wonderful blend! The harsh, cloying citrus of the ADG is nicely reduced and balanced by the ES and Obsession. Still a bit citrussy, but has a nice, refreshing depth

50% Lauder's Obsession, 50% Eau Sauvage: A darker, richer, musky scent with a slight powdery note. my female officemate (VERY good nose, recognizes a lot of scents immediately) was very intrigued and liked it a lot.

50% Cool water, 20% ADG, 30% Tommy Freedom: A fresh, citrussy blend that lasts for a long time. Helps avoid the sick, cloying note of the Tommy Freedom

50% Burberry Touch, 50% Herrera for Men: Whoah! Now this blends NICE! Real depth, warm yet fresh... Hard to place, but mixes wonderfully. *
    Do you mix the actual fragrances?

I only layer because I'm scared of creating something that really sucks and be stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades

Do you mix the actual fragrances?

I only layer because I'm scared of creating something that really sucks and be stuck with it.
    I mixed them in a small vial first, then tested it on my skin for a couple hours. If it's only so-so or worse (i.e., not an improvement on the original scents) i just try something new. If it's a real "WOW!" scent (like the above), I mixed them permanently. They have a different scent when blended rather than layered.

Tip: If you are using ADG in any blending or layering, use at little as possible. That stuff is just waaaaay too overpowering, but in small amounts can give a lasting citrus fragrance if it's tamed by other fragrances.

As I do appreciate perfume as Concerto Grosso (ie they has their beginning-heart-base, their own rhythm, speed and mood) so I do not go for blending\layering.

But one day I made some Leather Stereo Effect - my left side was PEau d`Espagne SMN, and right side was Gomma by Etro. They both are Leathers, so it`s a minor crime!

Well, result could fight for existence. ))

I believe, that some day I make more Stereo Leathers...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esan Sal
    I tried Madini's rose oil in combination with FM Musc Ravageur. I didn't care much for it, but my girlfriend melted. Seriously. I had to scrub her out of the carpet.

Took ages.
    ROFL ;D

Is the Madini a deep powdery rose, tea rose or more 'fresh bloom' rose?
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Yesterday while I was in a perfume shop, tryed layering No. 19 + Guerlain Vetiver = green heaven!
    For those who love 19 but are scared by its flowery notes, this can be wonderful... The flower notes still appear, but the vetiver dries the whole and exalts 19 beautiful powdery-green resinous tones!

I blend all the time. When I say blend , I mean blend. Not cross spraying and not layering.
    For the fragrances to "marry" they have to be left for 1-2 weeks as a blend.
    Get tiny bottles or vials from the pharmacy. You will need a small funnel. You can still experiment with tiny amounts, (one spray of this, one spray of that) but you need the blend to settle and marry properly for 1-2 weeks.
    One of my fave´s is a blend of Grey Flannel and Fahrenheit.....it´s a bombshell, and confuses everyone !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david
    I blend all the time. When I say blend , I mean blend. Not cross spraying and not layering.
    For the fragrances to "marry" they have to be left for 1-2 weeks as a blend.
    Get tiny bottles or vials from the pharmacy. You will need a small funnel. You can still experiment with tiny amounts, (one spray of this, one spray of that) *but you need the blend to settle and marry properly for 1-2 weeks.
    One of my fave´s is a blend of Grey Flannel and Fahrenheit.....it´s a bombshell, and confuses everyone !
    You're right, true blending is letting them combine with one another. My only fear is that they might react chemically and changed everything altogether. When I layer fragrances, I wait for the initial layer to dry before applying the next layer. This way, the notes of each fragrance are kind of more preserved? I'm not sure. I'm not the best chemist out there but that's how I see it.

I actually read that it takes 6 weeks or more for true blending like that, and even longer for better results!

One I tried recently was mixing Armani White He with JPG Le Mâle. (both spritzed at about 45%/55% into a small spray vial)
    To my nose, these two complement one another very well. The White takes a bit off the sweetness of LM, and replaces it with sour freshness.

Quote Originally Posted by david

I just blended Fahrenheit Summer with Burberry Touch... NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    [quote author=nefertem link=1136604117/0#13 date=1136822590]I had great success applying Dior Homme first, letting it dry through that intense powdery stage, and then putting one Bulgari Black. With this recipe, I get the amazing dry, smoky rubber of Black, but with a more complex base than its bland vanilla undertone. Its a smell that reminds me of the inside of that Bentley I'll never own.
    Hmm, that sounds like an interesting combination, I must try it some day![/quote]

I noticed that Keeg did this for his SOTD yesterday, and I tried it last night. The problem I had is that Dior Homme projects so much more than Bvlgari "ultimate piece of sh!t" Black, and so I found it hard to get the BB on "top". I think anyone else would think I was wearing just DH, because only I could smell the BB... vexing, as I think it sounds like a nice marriage of powdery dryness...

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=Gus link=1136604117/15#18 date=1137507168][quote author=nefertem link=1136604117/0#13 date=1136822590]I had great success applying Dior Homme first, letting it dry through that intense powdery stage, and then putting one Bulgari Black. With this recipe, I get the amazing dry, smoky rubber of Black, but with a more complex base than its bland vanilla undertone. Its a smell that reminds me of the inside of that Bentley I'll never own.
    Hmm, that sounds like an interesting combination, I must try it some day![/quote]

I noticed that Keeg did this for his SOTD yesterday, and I tried it last night. The problem I had is that Dior Homme projects so much more than Bvlgari "ultimate piece of sh!t" Black, and so I found it hard to get the BB on "top". I think anyone else would think I was wearing just DH, because only I could smell the BB... vexing, as I think it sounds like a nice marriage of powdery dryness...[/quote]

Hmm...Can't say I agree fully, there.. Or, for me, the blend smelled like a smoky and less flowery and feminine (a little weird, but it came out less feminine for me) DH. And all in all, I would say the "Bentley"-smell fits quite well...
    Highly recommended - especially now, when everyone uses DH

Is it considered blending to wear two frags on different parts of your body?
    There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    One I tried recently was mixing Armani White He with JPG Le Mâle. (both spritzed at about 45%/55% into a small spray vial)
    To my nose, these two complement one another very well. The White takes a bit off the sweetness of LM, and replaces it with sour freshness.
    I'm surprised the White had an effect!!! It's so light!!! I've tried blending Le Male with Nautica Longitude Latitude. Now, Naut. LL is already a really powerful scent but Le Male was still dominating!

Quote Originally Posted by keeg

Hmm...Can't say I agree fully, there.. Or, for me, the blend smelled like a smoky and less flowery and feminine (a little weird, but it came out less feminine for me) DH. And all in all, I would say the "Bentley"-smell fits quite well...
    Yeah, I could definately see how BB seemed to mute DH's more girlie bits, I just felt like I had to give my pulse points an industrial shellacking to get the rubber to project enough. And it is true that given DH's popularity, it stands out from the crowd as an ingredient in something "hjemmbrennt"

[quote author=keeg link=1136604117/30#36 date=1138204827]

Yeah, I could definately see how BB seemed to mute DH's more girlie bits, I just felt like I had to give my pulse points an industrial shellacking to get the rubber to project enough. And it is true that given DH's popularity, it stands out from the crowd as an ingredient in something "hjemmbrennt" *[/quote]

If you find one fragrance is extremely overpowering, you have to start considering where to apply them. Try applying BB to neck/wrists while applying DH to the belly.

Blending Tam Dao with Borsari Acqua Classica reminded me of Villoresi's Sandalo. It smelled quite good, but wasn't a mind blowing experience.

[quote author=keeg link=1136604117/30#36 date=1138204827]

Yeah, I could definately see how BB seemed to mute DH's more girlie bits, I just felt like I had to give my pulse points an industrial shellacking to get the rubber to project enough. And it is true that given DH's popularity, it stands out from the crowd as an ingredient in something "hjemmbrennt" [/quote]

Lol! Are you from Scandinavia, Joel_Cairo?:P I am from norway, btw...

Quote Originally Posted by keeg

Myself Im from Boston, but my father is norwegian. He grew up waaaay up in Finmark, north of Alta.

For today, I went with my Ungaro III, L'Artisan VdR, and LV Musk blend.

So so so so so good!

[quote author=keeg link=1136604117/30#42 date=1138210079]

Myself Im from Boston, but my father is norwegian. He grew up waaaay up in Finmark, north of Alta.[/quote]

Ok. Got a little surprised when I saw the word "hjemmebrent" here:P

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    [quote author=fakepurseninja link=1136604117/30#33 date=1138143745]One I tried recently was mixing Armani White He with JPG Le Mâle. (both spritzed at about 45%/55% into a small spray vial)
    I'm surprised the White had an effect!!! It's so light!!! I've tried blending Le Male with Nautica Longitude Latitude. Now, Naut. LL is already a really powerful scent but Le Male was still dominating![/quote]

Yes, judging by the reviews, White has very different longevitys on different people. When it was new it was my everyday scent - and I got by very well using the After Shave only. Now, White Mâle is still recognizably Le Mâle, but as I said, less sweet, more sour.

On Saturday night, I went out clubbing and layered Chanel Egoiste Concentree on top of YSL Rive Gauche PH.

Nobody commented on it, but that's okay because I liked it enough myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    On Saturday night, I went out clubbing and layered Chanel Egoiste Concentree on top of YSL Rive Gauche PH.

Nobody commented on it, but that's okay because I liked it enough myself.
    I still need to snatch a bottle of Egoiste !! It's one of those bottles that I want but I haven't actually gone out to buy it yet. Perhaps I'll get some decants.

As long as you like it, well... that's all that matters! For some reason, not many of my girl friends like LV Musk (a favorite of mine) on me. Perhaps it's because it borders being feminine but I also suspect that it's probably due to an idea in their minds that a male fragrance is something that smells along the lines of AdG.

True! ;D

I still can't decide which one I like better, Chanel Egoiste or Chanel Egoiste Concentree. They're almost identical to me. I've done several side-by-side comparisons of my decants on separate wrists. I could probably be happy with either one.

Next, I'm going to layer YSL Opium PH EDP on Chanel Egoiste Concentree to create an inhuman uber-oriental. If this doesn't knock a girl down, I don't know what will. LOL

If I had Boucheron Jaipur Homme, I'd probably squirt it on there too just to kick the uber-oriental into afterburner. ;D

I tried a bit of Kingdom parfum with a lot of Egoist and a bit of G. Vetiver recently - It was a corker of a blend -though the Kingdom and vetiver seemed to dominate irrespective of how much Egoiste I added.

I find ita bit easier to get things right with the raw materials, though I am finding it increasingly difficult, well more annoying I suppose, *to get pure (ish) alcohol at the moment: -

“Hello I’d like a litre of 95% ethanol please.” I say in my most winning tone
    "I'm sorry, It's got an "x" on it that means it's harmful and I can't sell it to you sir" comes the mewling phone tone back.
    "Meths is far more dangerous, or petrol." I plead.
    "Sorry it says it's flammable too, I can't sell you that." comes the stony reply.
    "Well of course it is, it's alcohol, you can set fire to brandy" I riposte. *
    "It would be illegal. It's to dangerous to sell to the general public ..." says she
    "unlike terpentine, or concentrated hydrochloric acid that I could buy at any hardware shop?" say I.
    "Are you a school?" *
    "What? No? Not quite that big more like the back of a bus. Ha. Ha." *
    Silence.
    “What about the slightly weaker solution?”
    “No it says ethanol is poisonous.”
    “even 60% I have vodka stronger than that” I lie, wishing it was the case.
    Silence mark 2.
    "Look, it's just ethanol and water, I'm not trying to buy nerve agent you silly cow!" I cry. *
    Phone goes dead.
    The irresistable logic of my argument has not triumphed.
    I remain without alcohol.

:'(

I have been fooling around with blending/layering for a few months now. I had a ton of samples, etc of various fragrances. Out of the endless amount of time experimenting, I have found that:5

1. Polo Modern Reserve 75 to 80% blended with about 20-25% Guerlain Vetiver is one of my top 3 scents of ALL TIME! I like Modern Reserve, but I am not the biggest fan of guerlain's vetiver. It is too "RAW" for me. But, the two together is like pure bliss.

2. I like CREED's fragrances, but they are really too expensive any way you look at it. Great stuff, but they are certainly proud of it!!! Anyway, I love Green irish tweed alone. It's hard to improve on. Now, about 90% GIT with about 10% Fleurissimo is surprisingly a great cologne. (lots of compliments)

3. On my skin, Creed Original Vetiver gets the nod as my favorite. No need to blend this.

4. MILLESIME Imperial I prefer on my girl, but blended with Silver Mountain Water 50/50 is some pretty incredible stuff! I also will sometimes layer MI with GIT which is good.

5. I don't really like the "new" Tabarome by itself, but take 80%GIT and blend with 20% new tab and it is MONEY.

6. SANTA MARIA NOVELLA"S GINESTRA blended with Guerlain Vetiver is nice. Ginestra is a "NEW" Green scent that you will probably be unfamiliar with at first. It contains a strong note of a floral that is not grown in the US. I also tried the SANTA MARIA NOVELLA signature scent (it was recommended by MENS HEALTH) I don't get it. It smells like a decent "perfume" but I don't see it as a cologne. Kinda strange.

Blog Entries

one time i sprayed Le Male and A*Men on the same spot....the lavender annihilation literally made me nauseous, dizzy, and headache...y all at once. not to mention is straight up smelled like a rotting pile of flowers and coffee.

i was like hmmm vanilla....coffee....buuuuut theres those things called top and middle notes....yeah

DeepSilence

I didn't have successful blending with fragrances that those have Bergamot and Patchouli in their combination.
    Rochas Man and Jil Sander. 1 ml Jil Sander in 5 ml Rochas Man. You will have very feminine fragrance

AromiErotici

Layering seems to be a real hit and miss. I try it all the time and I recently tried shamu1's recommendation of Bijan for Men layered over Lapidus PH. It's actually pretty good. It tones down that enormous pineapple note in Lapidus.

I have been trying ( unsuccessfully) to find a combo for Revlon's "Fire & Ice". It seems no matter what I combine with Fire & Ice, within 5 minutes, the Revlon completely usurps the other scent.

A nice blend is Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, and Tauer's L'air du desert Marocain. I've set up an 8ml atomizer with a 50/50 blend of these two.

I've had good luck blending fairly freely any in the Royall line. You don't hear much about these scents, but they're absolutely fantastic. Royall Vetiver is my go-to evening scent, especially for a night out at a milonga. Lyme, Mandarin, Spyce, and Bay Rhum can be layered to almost any occasion from light summer-outdoors ("Spyced Lyme"?) to winter (Spyce, Bay Rhum, and a touch of Mandarin). Only Muske really seems to want to be left on its own.

the only combos tht i have tried is ...

spray Encre noir first... let it settle for least 15 minutes and then spray Creed Himalaya. smells divine.