Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan - do they still sell samples?

L'Artisan used to sell samples; I've bought from them before, but this for months now when I go to their sample selection it's blank.

Have they stopped selling them?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Artisan - do they still sell samples?

I hadn't looked at L'Artisan's online boutique for months but it certainly looks like there are no samples now. I hope this is not a permanent change.

This thread is now the fourth highest result in a Google search for "L'Artisan Samples", so I'm hoping with all this reading someone has an answer.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Suga, I've bought carded L'Artisan samples in the past from Beautycafe.com; if they don't have carded ones left, they make up samples from their testers (I think 1 ml.):
    http://www.beautycafe.com/Assorted-Sample-Package.html

When I was at L'Artisan Boutique in the Ogivy's in Montreal, the SA certainly was accommodating in providing samples of anything I wanted. In the past, I have bought samples too. I'm sure that an email inquiry to the Montreal shop would get a polite and helpful response. Really, the purchase price of those just covers postage & handling. So if they are generous with in-store samples, they should be similarly willing to provide long-distance ones.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I emailed an inquiry to their US site, and they replied that they are no longer selling samples online, but that I could call their boutique at Henri Bendel to request up to five samples by mail. But I haven't called, since I realized in the meantime that there's a BlueMercury at my local mall, where I can sample L'Artisan to heart's content!

Arrow Re: L'Artisan - do they still sell samples?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    L'Artisan used to sell samples; I've bought from them before, but this for months now when I go to their sample selection it's blank.

Have they stopped selling them?
    Yes. When I spoke with one of L'Artisan's reps at Aedes two weeks ago, I asked him just that (after I encountered problems of my own with the samples and trying to "Add to Basket") and he said that they were revamping their website and hoped to have the new one in place with all the fixings.

He wasn't sure about the exact timetable but he did not seem unduly concerned about any delays. Then again, he is French...