Code of Conduct

Default Perfume for cats

I recently bought a bottle of catmint, (in spray form - meant for re-generating cat toys with dried catmint inside).
    I jokingly sprayed some on my arm and was virtually raped from my 14 - YES, FOURTEEN ! cats. It is amazing stuff and I would recommend anyone who has a cat to try it. They go beserk. It must be some sort of aphrodisiac for them.
    It got me to thinking- Why canīt they create a fragrance that has the same effect on humans ? - although on second thoughts perhaps it would be a bit dangerous ......I still bear the scars !

Default Re: Perfume for cats

As an european, as a strange and hopefully somewhat wise european, in this forum filled with americans, I'm constantly hoping for other europeans to show at least one of these tendencies, preferrebly both of them.

David, you're just strange.

I know catnip tea is supposed to be soothing, for all that is worth. (For humans, that is.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer View Post
    As an european, as a strange and hopefully somewhat wise european, in this forum filled with americans, I'm constantly hoping for other europeans to show at least one of these tendencies, preferrebly both of them.

David, you're just strange.
    I am english. We are definitely not european.

I'm American, and can do "strange" with the best of Europe!!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I bought a can of catnip spray hoping to get my cat to use his rubbing toy to loosen fur he was shedding in the spring, but he was actually repelled by it. Maybe it was too strong?

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I bought a can of catnip spray hoping to get my cat to use his rubbing toy to loosen fur he was shedding in the spring, but he was actually repelled by it. Maybe it was too strong?
    Maybe he's just a teatotaller.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Maybe he's just a teatotaller.
    LOL!! He loves the dried catnip-- asks for it every day without fail.

And another cat I used to own would use his paw to open the cabinet where the jar of catnip was stored.

You know you're a basenoter when :

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I jokingly sprayed some on my arm and was virtually raped from my 14 - YES, FOURTEEN ! cats. It is amazing stuff and I would recommend anyone who has a cat to try it. They go beserk. It must be some sort of aphrodisiac for them.
    It got me to thinking- Why canīt they create a fragrance that has the same effect on humans ? - although on second thoughts perhaps it would be a bit dangerous ......I still bear the scars !