Code of Conduct

Default Favorite season?

For fragrances of course. I searched the forums and didn't find a similar topic. So, here goes..

Favorite season to wear fragrances?

Personally, I'm sick of fragrances in Summer and this scorching heat. I went out the other day with no cologne on on purpose because I don't always like the feeling of a fragrance on me in 100 degree weather with 100% humidity.. anyways.. I felt naked without anything on, and I didn't feel as confident.

So with Summer off my list, that leaves Spring, Fall and Winter. Fall is just like a blah blah season to me that doesn't even really exist in Florida, so that eliminates Fall. So that leaves Spring and Winter. Warm weather vs. cold. I'm gonna have to pick Winter. Out comes Burberry London, Fahrenheit, John Varvatos, Azzaro pH, Drakkar Noir, Le Male, Corduroy and others. Fragrances that stand out and are unique. Although some of those can be worn during any season, I think they are best suited for Winter. A lot of it also has to do with the fact that Florida Winters are usually pretty short, and half the time, us Floridians cancel our plans and stay inside because we're so used to the heat, and bundle up when it's like 60-70 degrees. So with that short time frame of usually 2 months or less, that limits my use of some of my favorites. I miss them dearly and can't wait for the cooler months to approach!

Enough of my rant, what is your favorite season for fragrance wearing?

Default Re: Favorite season?

October to May for me. I'd like to count that as a single season, but I know there are periods in it that go better with different scents. In a way I like the winter (the colder) best because all scents can fit then for me, or at least the widest range. Even great citruses. I turn to florals in the spring, and love learning them again. Also I like fall because I bring out the ambers. But as you say, enough of my rant. For me there are fragrance joys with each season, but the joys that are probably the greatest come with December through March.

Maybe I'll decide on a different favorite season tomorrow though.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I live on the west coast, and as anyone right on the coast north of the Central California coast and south of Alaska experiences, the summer and winter divide for fragrances really isn't that much. Our winter temperatures are rarely below freezing and our summer temperatures rarely get warm enough for me to put away my jacket for the season. So here, it doesn't make much of a difference beyond some really exceptional days.

That being said, I love the steamy hot weather I've experienced down south when it comes to fragrances. Everything is luscious and explodes off the skin beautifully, though that means applying carefully is important. That kind of weather makes room for milder fragrances than I would normally wear, as well as genres that don't generally appeal to me ( green fragrances and citrus, most notably ).

Actually, I love heat and humidity, so I'd be happy living in a moist, tropical climate where "summer" is all year round. Canada really has its downside for me when it comes to weather...
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 23rd June 2010 at 07:21 AM.

Dry days in Autumn.

Any day of the year and any weather condition, as soon as I get to wear the frags I like and as long as these frags are not overpowered by or conflicting with the climate

My favorite season with respect to wearing my fragrances is winter (and a month on either side of winter). There are very few fragrances in my wardrobe that I feel uncomfortable wearing when the temperatures here are between 0 F (-18 C) and 48 F (9 C). I know that one of our fellow Basenoters from Nigeria wears any and all of his frags in the tropical heat and humidity of his home country, so I have also been testing my powerhouse and heavy frags in our fairly hot summer. I'm finding that they wear much better in the heat than I would have expected!

I actually think that summer may be a top season for me. When it's cold, I'll grab the heavy woody and darker scents in my wardrobe. A lot of these have patchouli, and one of my coworkers can't stand it anyway. I really like wearing the clean, bright scents like Chrome and Banana Republic Classic. I also got a bunch of Gendarme samples that I look forward to trying this summer as well.

Fall

I like 'em all, but if I had to pick I would choose fall.

Basenotes Institution

Definitely Fall.

Autumn is perfect for the nose:still warm days but more air in the environment

Fall and Winter for me. But I'm in Texas, so winter's not nearly as unbearable as where some of you all live. Winter here is actually quite nice.

I think Fall. Here in New Orleans the summers are oprressively hot and humid and Fall actually doesn't feel as if it has arrived until around Halloween. Boy is it welcomed!!

Def summer, I prefer clean and fresh scents so aquatics and fresh scents are in heavy rotation and seem to get the most compliments.

And summers cool because at night with careful application I can wear pretty much anything. Best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Any day of the year and any weather condition.
    Agree.

Biting cold , frosty , brilliant sunshine winter mornings

To me, Southern California has two seasons: Summer and not Summer.

I guess I prefer not Summer since most any scent can be worn. Our summer is pretty temperate, but some of the heavier scents I like don't work as well in heat.

October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

I guess I prefer not Summer since most any scent can be worn. Our summer is pretty temperate, but some of the heavier scents I like don't work as well in heat.
    I know that. I lived in Vegas for 15yrs. It's hot and dry or not hot and dry. Now that I live in a humid climate I get to expore more scent. It's almost like everything I smelled before is new again.

As to the original question, I'm still exploring every season but I also lean towards fall being favorite with spring a close second in relation to scent. Strange becuase I like spring the best as a season and fall next.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Winter. It has to be winter here in south Florida.

Right now, A/C off and windows open at 4:30PM EST it is in the mid 80s with humidity just as high. Whatever frag I put on will slide off quickly with the sweat. If I close up and put in the A/C it feels like I am in a climate controled lockup. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. This has been one of the most miserably hot an humid June's I have experienced. July, August and September..I am not looking forward to them.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I don't think I have a favorite season for wearing scent. Because I wear scent differently depending upon the temperature. It brings out different aspects of a scent when it's 10 degrees F. than when it's 100 degrees F. I change scents less frequently in the summer than in the winter, and that may be due to my skin being drier and scent having less projection and longevity in the cool. I love the way scent blossoms in the heat, though I'm not crazy about hundred-degree-plus weather. So... no favorite season.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

50 - 65 degrees Fahrenheit. For some that's Winter, for others that's Summer. Thanksgiving & Christmas seasons seem to be more festive occasions that inspire wearing something.

No contest for me. I love fall, every bit of it, from Indian Summer to Thanksgiving. Let's see, that would be from Bois Blond through Frapin 1270. :-)

Blog Entries

Winter for sure, but that doesnt stop me from wearing winter frags in every season

Quote Originally Posted by NDN-01 View Post
    I know that. I lived in Vegas for 15yrs. It's hot and dry or not hot and dry. Now that I live in a humid climate I get to expore more scent. It's almost like everything I smelled before is new again.
    Las Vegas! Two seasons- Hot and really Hot. That would really screw with my wardrobe.

DeepSilence

Autumn and winter.

Definitely the cold seasons fall, winter and spring. Specially fall where I can wear a wider range of frags where I can choose from bold, richer or daring frags.

I perspire very easily when it's hot. It's hard to find a frag that would work well with my sweat. The only time I enjoy summer is when I go to the beach!
    Last edited by volley2; 29th June 2010 at 01:48 AM.

Summer all the way. I love the feeling of smelling fresh . I'm a man of action, yet I do love some of the heavier fragrances, but if I were to choose: fresh all the way.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I have to say Spring and then Fall.....I do not like the extreme heat or cold!!!
    Gary

Along with being my favorite season for weather, Fall is perfect fragrance wise for me as well. The mild temperatures allow for the widest range of fragrance wear.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

+1 /\

Autumn (fall).

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    October to May for me. I'd like to count that as a single season, but I know there are periods in it that go better with different scents. In a way I like the winter (the colder) best because all scents can fit then for me, or at least the widest range. Even great citruses. I turn to florals in the spring, and love learning them again. Also I like fall because I bring out the ambers. But as you say, enough of my rant. For me there are fragrance joys with each season, but the joys that are probably the greatest come with December through March.
    Agreed! October through May is perfection
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking