Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default SOTD - Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Good morning everyone!

My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Star Anise, Rosemary
    Middle Notes: Lavender, Geranium Leaves, Cloves
    Base Notes: Vetiver, Gaiac Wood, Patchouli

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: SOTD - Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Good Wednesday to Everybody

I am in HYPNOSE by LANCOME
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Patricia de Nicolaï ' s

ODALISQUE
    Eau de Parfum

Notes of : lily-of-the-valley, jasmine and orris root
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Roberto, I'm vearing the same fragrance: Odalisque from Nicolaï.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Newly purchased Missoni for me today - I am totally intrigued by the chocolate note, I didn't like it at first but it's really growing on me.
    Last edited by Un Belle Parfum; 23rd June 2010 at 12:20 PM.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Sugar by Fresh. I've also got Lush R&B hair moisturiser on (which is a bit too heavy for my hair, but smells summery and does my hair a lot of good now I've had it bleached...). The combination of Fresh's Sugar and the coconutty hair goo is very summery, in a kitsch way.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Today I'm in the mother of heavy scents

OPIUM

Eau de Parfum

Good morning everyone. Today is a sad....but also relieving day for me. Talked with the (now former) bf and told him I was moving out. Even though I feel it's the right thing to do it also feels really sad and almost wrong in many ways.Hopefully it will get better soon.Sotd is Dolce Vita.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 23rd June 2010 at 11:24 AM.

(((Inesepenes))) sending you a big hug. This too shall pass. Sending good thoughts your way. ♥

I'm wearing Wind Song this morning...Parfums de Coeur's version in the body spray. It's cooling and powdery, green and slightly spicy. I love how it feels as it hits my skin when I spray it. I love the adorable cannister.

Last edited by lilybelle; 23rd June 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Sorry to hear about your situation Ineespenes; break ups are always tough Sending you good vibes.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Carlo Corinto Vetyver this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good Morning All. My SOTD is Avon's Reese Witherspoon's 'IN BLOOM'
    Top notes: Peach, Tea leaves
    Middle notes: Gardenia, Jasmine
    Base notes: Cashmere, White flowers, Amber

Hugs to Inees -- it will get better, not right away, but will.

CandyPerfumeBoy -- your birthday? Many happy returns and fragrant surprises.

Jean Patou Caline, the version without the bar code on the box.

Good morning. I am cheerfully in four today. Three on trial and one on. Coty Chypre has a long awaited visit on one arm, and there are two on the other, Miss Jaguar and Croyance and I am actually wearing eau arpege but not on the arms. I'm sorry your path today is troubled Ineespenes. These paths lead to better places usually. I pray that yours does.

Basenotes Institution

Ineepenes - I am sorry -time heals. Hugs to you .

This morning it's Musk Eau Naturel again by DSH perfumes.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Novis2007 View Post
    Roberto, I'm vearing the same fragrance: Odalisque from Nicolaï.
    Great choice Novis2007
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Celebrate yourself, Inees. Stay focused on you.

Winching myself out of a frag rut with Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Nouveau Gardenia, a gift from Shycat (remember her)? Nice choice for something truly unique, modern, kind of easy-going. Happy to share the DSH theme with my-my Mimi. That makes us house twits.

Lilybelle, you're right, that label is 100% adorable. Thanks for sharing its enchantment with us.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've changed into

MUSK AL GHAZAL
    by Al Haramain

Eau de Parfum

See, my dear cousin, I can do niche too!

Honoré des Prés Vamp à NY, from a sample, so I can coherently comment on Grain de Musc.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hi everyone!

I'm in my newly acquired Stella Rose Absolute by Stella McCartney (thanks yet again to my ever-gracious and insightful BN friend for the introduction!) This is gorgeous, elegant, oh-so-rosey and more - there are peonies in here! The amber keeps it soft and warms it up a bit, while the citrus starts it all off and keeps everything fresh and dewey throughout. It reminds me very much of Lancome's scarce and pricey Mille et Une Roses, but with superior sillage and longevity...so how 'bout that?!

Actually, the first time I sampled Rose Absolute I thought it was just too shy, or maybe that it contained an element I was anosmic to - I could barely detect it on my skin after just a few minutes. But then I became aware of the incredible, impossibly rosey and radiant sillage that seemed to linger for hours. I purchased it the next day. The notes are rose, peony, citrus and amber. Simply beautiful.

((ineespenes)) - it is a sad day, for both of you. You deserve a lot of credit for recognizing the situation for what it was and being strong and brave enough to do something about it. Soon you'll be able to look forward to the right relationship, and you're paving the way for that one now.

Klaire - how do you like In Bloom? I thought it had magnolia, but I'm still curious about it - can you share some of your impressions?

TheLipPrint - I took a while for me to warm up to Missoni, too. I thought the very obvious tootsie roll chocolate note was too garish and sort of silly. It grew on me though - as you know it can do - and became more and more compelling, and even sort of sensuous. Now I actually crave it in cooler weather.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Pour Un Homme de Caron
    Wishlist is pointless.

AM: Epic Man by Amouage
    PM: Alien edt by Thierry Mugler

Givenchy Blue Label

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Hugs to Inees -- it will get better, not right away, but will.

CandyPerfumeBoy -- your birthday? Many happy returns and fragrant surprises.

Jean Patou Caline, the version without the bar code on the box.
    Thank you! I'm the ripe old age of 23 today

My SotD is Poison.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Happybirthday Candy Perfume Boy (I just can't get used to this new name )

I'm in Hermes Kelly Caleche today

well its very warm here again, but heavy cloud and I felt the urge for something dusty yet spicy. So Parfum Sacre like old fashion rose dusting powder and pepper added into the mix.
    Last edited by donna255; 23rd June 2010 at 04:21 PM.
    DONNA

Ineespenes: So hard, so hard. Be kind to yourself.

I am wearing Fragonard de Fragonard parfum. Very summery.

Good morning all. I'm wearing Tom Ford Black Violet today.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, CandyPerfumeBoy!
    (((((Ineespenes)))))

Kenzo Amour Le Parfum. It's like the edp, but tempered by a woodier, ambery base. Lovely stuff.

Take care, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chanel No. 19 EDT

dragonflyblue Calypso - a creamy, hot tropical floral - I think I smell tiare, hawaiian white ginger and something else in there.

Chamade edp today. Warm and creamy...

Happy birthday to Candy Perfume Boy!
    and more hugs for Ineespenes...

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing YSL Nu EDP today. Oh my gosh, it's been forever since I've worn this! It's almost like having a brand new scent ...

Sending happy birthday wishes to Candy Perfume Boy!

Many hugs to Inees ... broken hearts, broken dreams; it's so so hard.

Here are my hugs for (((((Inees))))).

I wore No5 Eau Premiere today. Such a pretty scent. Nothing rapturous, no drama, just quietly lovely.

I'm intrigued by Evangeline's account of Stella Rose Absolute. I might stop by Sephora's on the way home to give it a sniff!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    I'm intrigued by Evangeline's account of Stella Rose Absolute...
    Me, too! In the meantime my SotA/E is Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. A blast from my past that I'm thoroughly enjoying this afternoon.

Happy Birthday, Candy Perfume Boy!!

Here's a candy birthday cake in your honor. Hope you've been enoying your special day.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Candy Perfume Boy! Sweet dreams, sweet friends, sweet smells to you!

Inees, I can remember when I initiated breakup how hard it was to actually move out. I was weighted by sadness for days. I feel sorry for you right now. What helped me was to reorganize my room (I moved in with parents as well), you're still sad, but you're more directed to future this way. Reorganize your room! Cheers to you, brave woman who can do what's right even when it's hard!

I am less worried now. Tired, still, but I'm home today, feeling free to sniff myself. Somehow none of my samples felt appealing though, except my old running low sample from older version of Ma Griffe from a friend. I bought a bottle, but ended up with 2000s version. Sigh. So, I am wearing Ma Griffe from my precious sample on one arm and Dawn's "Ma Griffe type" on the other arm. Nope, that one won't do. I need me my vintage Ma Griffe, and that is it!

OMG that candy bar cake is making me drool badly - and I don't even like American chocolate!

I've spent the day in Lee Stafford's Beach Hair spray, which is not a perfume but should be, given that it's so strongly fragranced. I like what the product does to my hair but it defines what I can wear as SOTD - strictly tropical. So I had an excuse to dive into Virgin Island Water, which as you know, I adore and wear often in the summer. Since it doesn't last all day on me, this evening I was able to add Bronze Goddess, which smells a lot like the hair stuff. And then I started trying other stuff so I now have Jicky Parfum de Toilette on the back of my left hand and Bulgari Omnia on my right arm. I can barely smell anything from the Omnia - am I anosmic or is this a really quiet fragrance?

Ines; you've done the hard bit in breaking up, now you just have to keep walking forward and you'll soon find that there are good things waiting for you. We're here. You'll be ok. Keep your chin up, babe and remember your feeling of relief. Big hugs. xxxx

And Candy Perfume Boy - you are 23? Ach, how fabulous! What a lovely age to be. I hope you're enjoying it and that things are going your way. Have a fragrant and fabulous day. Mwa! xxxx

And a big old hug to any of you out there who feels the need. x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

Happy 23rd Candy Perfume Boy!

What a glorious age that was! But there's also no time like the present and I'm presently enjoying the beautiful Barbara Bui Le Parfum
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday - Candy Perfume Boy !

Scent of the afternoon is Chanel Gardenia. 100 degrees F in Central California today !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday CandyPerfumeBoy!

My SoTD was Vent Vert... and now Calamity J from a sample.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Chanel Bois des Iles tonight courtesy of Mimi G.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Madame Rochas EDT

Happy Birthday, Candy Perfume Boy! I hope your day was splendid.
    Big hug to ineespenes. Take care of yourself.

I'm in Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere today, twins with pomander.

Inees, do nice things for yourself - especially now, when it seems that nice things are few and far between. Time somehow makes things better.

Happy b-day CPB!

Again with the samples - L de Lolita Lempicka today. Think I may have to pass on this one, or wait for cooler weather - it's in the high 90's today in the High Plains of Texas...
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Happy Birthday Candy Perfume Boy!!!
    Creed's Green Valley
    Gary

One more hug for the birthday boy, that is, the CandyPerfumeBoy !

Inees - lots of good advice here, so I don't think I can add much more...other than a virtual hug from across oceans and continents...

Been one of those days...one minor annoyance after another...so it's a good thing I went for orange blossoms, supposedly good for lessening tension

SOTD: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007 (from a sample)

Blog Entries

Hugs to ineespenes! A tough time for you.

I'm in Diabolo Rose today.

Chanel Beige. Thinkng about 200ml of.

Happy Birthday Candy Perfume Boy!!!! Do you have a new tuberose for your birthday? Any exciting fragrance gifts? Ahhh, it was so much fun being 23. Enjoy yourself.

Big hugs for Inees

Today I left the house in a hurry, and I just grabbed Eau de Jade by Armani Prive
    Evenstar

I love this too! Only Chanel I feel that way about, so far. I just read somewhere that they are going to offer the Exclusifs in a smaller size. If so, YAY for us!

Happy Birthday to Candy Perfume Boy! Wishing you a fun and fragrant year!

My SotD was Nuit de Tubereuse. If I were wearing socks, they'd be knocked into December!

Blog Entries

That's a one I've been dying to try! I have no idea, but my imagination runs wild and tells me that you smell deeeevine!