View Poll Results: Which one ?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burberry London

35 58.33%
  • Rochas Man

25 41.67%

Default Burberry London or Rochas Man

As my birthday is approaching I was thinking I can take the risk to blind buy a fragrance: London or Man.
    I smelled Rochas some time ago and I can remember something sweet and nice but don't know how good is in terms of longevity and sillage.
    Also I've read here that London smells like Christmas and that intrigued me. To me Christmas smells like apple pie, boiled wine with cinnamon and fir. Wonder how the smell of Christmas is for you since you associate this one with that smell.

Default Re: Burberry London or Rochas Man

These are very different. I think London is miles ahead in terms of refinement and class. I also think it smells better.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with voting, but it takes me to the Basenotes Search page regardless of what I vote for. I've also been taken to this search page loads of times today when I've been trying to reply to various threads, so Basenotes is suffering from the Gremlins again.

Blog Entries

Rochas! gourmands>all

RM is a searing lavender/vanilla dominant frag, so if that's what you like the choice is obvious. It's way too much for me (I prefer Rochas Lui/Cuba Orange, because I prefer the neroli/vanilla/wood combination). London is much more complex, but I'd say it's also the kind that can be love/hate. RM is stronger in longevity and sillage, and seems to get stronger over time, whereas for a lot of people London seems to be too weak.

I'd recommend you Rochas Man, because works better for a night out, especially in the summer. Burberry London is more elegant, more refined and has less longevity.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with voting, but it takes me to the Basenotes Search page regardless of what I vote for.
    Same here, Craig. (Rochas Man would get my vote).

(Update - bug seems OK this morning - vote now cast).
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 24th June 2010 at 06:31 AM.

Rochas Man is tastier. Burberry London IMO is an overhyped basic oriental.

I vote rochas man but for some reason when I goto vote it takes me to search??

I choose Rochas Man, but I like and have Burberry London also.

As much of a gourmand fan as I am, I prefer Burberry London. Rochas Man is imitated too often, I can name 10 fragrances that smell very much like it. London on the other hand is untouchable, I haven't really found anything like it except for its own flankers. I don't get that Christmas smell and feel from it though. I get more of a fig, bark, ginger bread, and floral combination on my skin, but I do see the correlation to Christmas.

Sur la Plage

I would recommend Rochas Man. I personally grew tired very quickly with Burberry London for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would defintely go with Rochas Man....that being said, I plan on picking up Burberry London for the winter, giving me both. I see London being more of a nice daytime scent for the winter while Rochas Man being a really great fit for nights out, clubbing, parties or when you are otherwise on the prowl. I think it would fit in well during the day, too, maybe not for an office setting though.

I get that Christmas tree scent as well + a pleasant sweetness in London. For what it's worth, I tried Terre d' Hermes today (based on the high positive reviews on here) and the SA told me it reminded her of Burberry London. Didn't quite get that, but would have to compare them side-to-side. Anyways, just another opinion for you.

Lastly, and this may be the budding fragrance snob in me (thanks, Basenotes! :P) but there is something that mentally makes me put London a hair below the "excellent" level, and I don't think it has so much to do with the scent, which I really like. Perhaps it's the bottle (which I find rather ugly) or the house's pedigree (there aren't any other Burberry frags I particularly like). Irrational I know, but being honest.
    Last edited by Force of One; 23rd June 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Rochas Man. Lots of fragrance bang for the buck. Burberry London strikes me as promising, but it never really delivers. Rochas Man has a tendency to over-deliver. It's great stuff, but wear sparingly.

Get both! Blind buying is fun! I voted for London becuase I'm tending back to the orientals somewhat.

Thank you all for your advices. They are highly appreciated. I went today in a testing spree but there was no Burberry London or Rochas Man. After I tested 5 fragrances on my own skin and realised that they fade too quick I'm thinking twice before making a blind purchase. Maybe I will stay with Fahrenheit Absolute; I simply love the church smell lol.

I have to go with Rochas Man!!!
    Gary

Rochas Man gets my vote!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

I say Rochas, it has very good longevity and can be worn pretty much all year round, maybe not in the searing heat but on summer nights out its great, and it smells like chocolate with a hint of coffee, girls will be licking you!
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Rochas is more versatile and smells incredible. Burberry London smells wonderful too. I haven't purchased London yet, as I have Man, but it will be my next buy. I plan on making London my signature scent from 10/15-1/7 as it just smells so much like fall and the holidays to me. Rochas however, is absolutely yummy any time of year, if worn accordingly.

Burberry London

Tough call. I have and really like both, so I don't think you can make a wrong choice here. I would give a slight edge to Rochas because it is more of a "four season" fragrance, whereas London is better during cool weather but somewhat unwearable in the heat.

I'd take both, though Fahrenheit Absolue as a third option is also a treat