Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Question Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Hey Guys and Gals,

    I was searching around abit and came up with this fragrance ( Arrogance Uomo) here on Basenotes. It seems interesting and I read a review that mentions it is similar in a way to Zino Davidoff ( which I like).

    The directory says it came out in 1987 and some comments in the forum archives mention a rose note or florals (?). Seems interesting.

    Anyone care to comment on how they feel about Arrogance Uomo. What do you smell ? What is your opinion of the scent ?

    Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  2. #2
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Hey Surfacing -

    We find ourselves again! I hope you are well. I did the Gucci Envy/Zino Davidoff (original formulation)/Carven Homme wearing. A lot of notes to go through as there was a lot going on - will post soon!!

    Normally, I like to type a thread as I smell - but this was about three scents that are being "compared" not reviewed to one another...so I took extra due-diligence. Expect something in the next couple of days.

    I will not go overboard as I want the subtleties noted, but not blown out-of-proportion. I did find that all 3 are simply excellent fragrances - which is not revelatory, but I realize how blessed I am to be doing this kind of high-brow/ olfactory fun for sheer pleasure.

    I thought about that last night when I saw a girl who was stocking shelves at a Walmart late at night (my wife needed some items and I hate standing in line, so I go after 10pm). She looked up at me as I walked towards her (my mind was actually drifting back to the wearing of Vintage Paco Rabanne I had the other night after a shower as I was wearing the same undershirt and it was emanating gorgeous notes), dressed rather nice (but hip)...she smiled. I smiled back. Mind you - she was not attractive at all, and not to be judgmental (but I don't want this misunderstood). She was overweight, glasses, and wearing Walmart work attire. It was past 10pm and here she was working on her knees packing shelves...and then she stood up. She was at least 5-6 months pregnant! I walked by and said a quiet, "Good evening". How sad, man. Funny thing - she was in good spirits, working away and seemed perfectly happy to get the hours.

    The smell of my Vintage Paco suddenly became a reflection of how lucky in life I am. My wife was at home resting after a great weekend, boys in bed for a couple of hours, and I paused and had a moment of clarity.

    Not to somber your Monday mood, my friend. But, hopefully to lift it and inspire it. We are all lucky to have a chance to enjoy our olfactory pleasures and share knowledge...I most definitely do not take it for granted.

    Any way, I felt the need to share that with a fellow Basenoter and human being.

    I found this thread after finding a couple of bottles on eBay of Arrogance Uomo and it caught my eye...I came over to Basenotes and of all people, here you are from mid-2010! Did you ever get a bottle? It is not expensive. I am hoping you did - please share your notes if you did. I went under your wardrobe and "Tried" list and could not find it. This is one I am seriously thinking about blind-buying!

    Cheers, my friend. Enjoy today.

    Eric

    Summary/Overv
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals,

    I was searching around abit and came up with this fragrance ( Arrogance Uomo) here on Basenotes. It seems interesting and I read a review that mentions it is similar in a way to Zino Davidoff ( which I like).

    The directory says it came out in 1987 and some comments in the forum archives mention a rose note or florals (?). Seems interesting.

    Anyone care to comment on how they feel about Arrogance Uomo. What do you smell ? What is your opinion of the scent ?

    Thanks !
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Arrogance Uomo is similar in style to Trussardi Uomo, even the bottles look alike. Arrogance Pour Homme is my favorite from this house!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Ericrico,

    Thanks for updating my thread I thought this would be another forgotten thread where I sought out some answers. You reminded my of it again.

    You know, I never did get to try out Arrogance Uomo. I should have ordered a sample when I got the chance. But now I can't . I do believe that I did take it off my test list for a good reason. Namely, I decided it would not work for me at the time. Now...all this time later, I think I should seek out a bottle. It also made me want to try out Trussardi Uomo, which is a cool scent and I would imagine similar. I think EarNoseThroat is on to something

    BTW, Eric, I do appreciate your story. No damper on my Monday at all. I always need to be reminded that I ( we) are fortunate. I live among too many self entitled middle class people. I myself get like that too and I am glad you shared .

    I know a place in town that sells a few older scents and they do have this one. No tester and the shop SA is not one to let customers tests out bottles. Actually, they are pretty rude to me when I have came in ( even when buying...ugh). But they have it...and I'll debate it.

    Take care.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,446

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Arrogance Uomo is similar in style to Trussardi Uomo
    Closer to this than Zino IMO but not a fan of the Arrogance or Trussardi scents.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Hey Surfacing -

    You're welcome. Funny how the Zino connection came up here too, but I have heard it is (as EarNoseThroat) pointed out more in the vein of Trussardi Uomo...even with bottle similarities. Of course, not from Trussardi - but, Schiapparelli Pinkenz. The 75ml bottle is all black with a textured leather flacon - while the 100ml bottle has a chrome base that covers almost half the bottle (rather handsome).

    I like what I am reading, but beware - we are speaking of the 1987 bottling Arrogance "UOMO". They also made Arrogance "MAN" with a dark bottle and orange cap, and Arrogance "POUR HOMME" - which is a royal blue bottle (squared). This "POUR HOMME" bottling is considered to be the best from EarNoseThroat, interestingly enough - and available on eBay. I have a lead on a couple of bottles of UOMO, too. But, now I'm wondering which direction. This house has me a bit confused...and, that's a lot of damn arrogance from them - pun intended. ;-)

    Any way, I'm glad you found what I said to be a comment for us a collective to be thankful - gratitude is essential in life.

    Well, see what the price is at the shop local to you. On a side note, my favorite bottling from Trussardi (that I have tried) is the original and excellent Trussardi L'Uomo - that has the tomato leaf/pipe tobacco top with gorgeous Tuscan garden notes poured into a bottle. I prefer it in Spring, Fall, and Summer evenings. However, it could be year-round. On my want list is Python for the Summer!

    Cheers,

    Eric

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Ericrico,

    Thanks for updating my thread I thought this would be another forgotten thread where I sought out some answers. You reminded my of it again.

    You know, I never did get to try out Arrogance Uomo. I should have ordered a sample when I got the chance. But now I can't . I do believe that I did take it off my test list for a good reason. Namely, I decided it would not work for me at the time. Now...all this time later, I think I should seek out a bottle. It also made me want to try out Trussardi Uomo, which is a cool scent and I would imagine similar. I think EarNoseThroat is on to something

    BTW, Eric, I do appreciate your story. No damper on my Monday at all. I always need to be reminded that I ( we) are fortunate. I live among too many self entitled middle class people. I myself get like that too and I am glad you shared .

    I know a place in town that sells a few older scents and they do have this one. No tester and the shop SA is not one to let customers tests out bottles. Actually, they are pretty rude to me when I have came in ( even when buying...ugh). But they have it...and I'll debate it.

    Take care.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Anyone try Arrogance Uomo ??

    Thank you, hednic -

    I appreciate the heads-up. Have you tried Trussardi L'Uomo (triangular bottle) with the fragrant tomato leaf accord intertwined with tobacco, citrus, florals, and a nice base of amber and wood? Just curious as it is a unique bottle unlike anything I've found...except when I smelled the air in Tuscany.

    Cheers,

    ericrico

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Closer to this than Zino IMO but not a fan of the Arrogance or Trussardi scents.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Similar Threads

  1. Help with Arrogance Uomo by Arrogance
    By autumngleeman in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th April 2009, 05:51 PM
  2. from Arrogance Mix (italy)
    By castorpollux in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd May 2006, 03:06 PM
  3. Arrogance Uomo by Schiapparelli Pinkenz
    By Ballardbeau in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th February 2006, 04:29 PM
  4. Arrogance Uomo by Schiapparelli Pinkenz
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •