Code of Conduct

Thumbs up S O T D Thrusday 24 July 2010

Hello Ladies, Good Morning. Have all a marvelous day

VETIVER

LORENZO
    VILLORESI
    FIRENZE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Thrusday 24 July 2010

It is almost my bedtime, but I thought I would post what I plan to wear when I get up later on -- Ava Luxe No. 23 -- since I haven't been posting regularly as of late.

Take care, all!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Lanvin, Eau Arpege new on the left and Eau Arpege vintage on the right. The new one isn't a bad rendition of the old, a bit lighter and more fresh smelling actually as the musty base notes of longevity are missing or changed. I'm smelling something like light Jasmine or lily in the new one and not so in the older. Makes it more modern....but I love them both. I think this has an entry as one of my top ten.

Happy Thursday
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning everyone. Sotd is Chergui today.

I am in Le Parfum de Therese today.

MPG Fleurs des Comores, as planned.

H., thanks for a great piece of news about the smaller size Beige.

sampling idylle today....
    Wishlist is pointless.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Olivier Durbano Turquoise.

Notes include turpentine, rose berry, elemi, Somalian oliban incense, coriander, juniper, fragrant reed, lotus, fucus seaweed, lily, everlasting flower, honey, myrrh wood and ambergris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caldey Island Lavender this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Outspoken by Fergie & Avon. This is a definite guilty pleasure!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Maids are coming at 8:00 to do the floors, bathrooms, etc. I hope. I meant to call the company yesterday and confirm, but I forgot so that has me anxious. Then DH's mother arrives later this evening from Boston. And the baby shower is this Saturday (organized and hosted by a dear friend here in our home, since I'm on bed rest). Also our new bedroom furniture should (and BETTER) arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I spoke with one of the salespeople Tuesday who says our furniture has just been unloaded off a boat in the port of San Francisco and cleared customs. He was going to have the delivery scheduler call me yesterday. That person didn't, and I forgot to call them as well. Gah, such a flake!

Last Saturday one of my girlfriends from high school became a grandmother, and Tuesday another girlfriend popped her baby two weeks early while her husband is out of town (tragic family emergency, as if the poor fellow doesn't have enough going on).

I need to wear Donna Karan Chaos today. Nothing else will do. Everything will be fine.

p.s.~ I posted some new pics of me and my belly on the Members' Pictures thread yesterday.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 24th June 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Philosykos today. It smells fresh, clean, woody and soapy to me. Perfect on a really muggy day.

Today I needed some "pluck" (been feeling a little angsty at work lately, a supervisor with whom I have a great work relationship is off on "detail" and a coworker/mentor is moving to another facility soon) so I'm in my trusty Bandit + Bulgari Black "Butch Mix")... which is one of my faves as it makes me feel like I'm wearing black leather. Heh.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

MPG Fleurs de Commores
    DONNA

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Here it is Thrusday again already!

"Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine." Just keep chanting, Heartwood. What did Taolady once try to teach me about "control" being an illusion? (I still think it's a nice illusion.)

Client coming over. Should that influence my choice of scent? Nah. Although Nanadebery Green — what's not to like?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Eep!! I must have forgotten to set my alarm - is it July already??

Hello everyone!

I'm in Flora Danica today. Released in 1980 and long-discontinued, it's not so easy to come by, but I'll still recommend seeking this out to any fans of lush, full-bodied aldehydic floral chypres. It's posh and elegant and super-creamy, but it also has a powdery aspect...actually, maybe velvety is a better way to describe it. And for what it's worth, it smells blue to me, a rich, deeply saturated slate blue. The luxurious floral accord isn't easy to pick apart, which is very characteristic of this era of complex floral chypres, and one of the things I love most about it. It's clean (some might think soapy) and has a definite mossy green component, as well as a hint of warm fur - I suppose some might perceive the civet as skank, but I don't - I get kitty fur that's been in the sun. The chypre base gives it elegance and gravity - this doesn't strike me as a casual fragrance. Very femme and romantic, but also very smooth and polished.

Top notes: aldehydes, leafy green, bergamot, peach
    Middle notes: rose geranium, orris, jasmine, lily of the valley
    Base notes: vetiver, oakmoss, sandalwood, civet, amber, benzoin

Heartwood - Yikes! Your post made me anxious for you, but of course everything will be fine! I have my doubts about how much bed-rest you're actually getting, though!

Twolf - smaller bottles of Les Exclusifs feels like a dream come true - is it really going to happen?? Do you, does anyone, have any more details about this?

Y'all have a fabulous day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 24th June 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Heartwood, sending you calming, soothing, all-will-be-well vibes. xo

Parfums de Nicolai Cococabana
    Notes: coconut, bitter oranges, ylang ylang, tuberose, cedarwood, palm

I have yet to encounter a de Nicolai frag I dislike and I can add this one to the list. Delightfully tropical but fresh and natural smelling, not candied/synthetic.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    Outspoken by Fergie & Avon. This is a definite guilty pleasure!
    I am going to wear this tomorrow Yes,guilty pleasure ...i like ...Iced Berries in Leather
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! We've been busy & I am going back for an outpatient proceedure tomorrow. The hits just keep on coming...yep. Well, the girl will be finished with school finally next Monday & looks like she'll maintain Superintendents List, might even pull all A's for this last marking period. We'll see.

Our mother/daughter road trip this year will be to go gem mining in North Carolina. We're psyched!

I put on a little CSP's Coco Extreme but it's a bit too suntan lotiony for my tastes. I'll pass the sample along. Sofie is wearing HL's "G" today.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

Taking DD to the mall today so no fragrance ...want to have free skin to test things on!

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublaï Khän.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Happy Wednesday to all! I'm just being me in Eau de Cartier.

DK Gold today, as I finally have no meetings at work today!!!! I can bask in the lushness without overpowering anyone. And I even love the soft drydown of this one.

Basenotes Institution

Morning everyone- have a fab Thursday !
    Today I am in Kewdra by Anya - lovely stuff !

Bought myself a gorgeous 36 inch pearl necklace ( small pearls ) - I'm happy ! A girl's gotta have pearls !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 24th June 2010 at 04:02 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Mimi, agree on the pearls! Post a picture, would you?

Switched to Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte....much better!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

RHM- your day sounds so busy but happy too ! I will post a pic soon !

Good morning all. I'm being lazy today, but I'm off to the Bath and Body Work's semi-annual sale. I need to replenish my supply of the classics, 'Brown Sugar and Fig' and the lovely 'White Tea and Ginger'. I've found if I layer the shower gel, body lotion and splash. I can maintain those delicious frags. But for now, second day, SOTD is the intoxicating Avon's, 'IN BLOOM' and oh yes ladies, it does indeed have the note of magnolia, have a good day ya'all.

I heard the rumor that Les Exclusifs may come in smaller sizes, but have not yet seen any real evidence--I sure hope it is true (No.22, I'm talking to you!).

SotD yesterday was Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur, and today's fragrance is Dior Homme. Weekend's almost here, yeah!

The above image is so not me, but I really enjoy this fragrance (a gift from a fragrance friend).
    Top notes: living dew drops, icy blackcurrant and purple wisteria
    Middle notes: white lilac, lotus flower, living orchid, angel white jasmine, white lights azalea and snowbird azalea
    Base notes: musks, cedar, cashmirwood and amberwoods

I hope everyone is well today. ♥
    Last edited by lilybelle; 24th June 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

Chanel N°5

Eau de Parfum

Sharing the house with tdem1961... in the beautiful Parfums de Nicolai Sacrebleu.

Notes (from Luckyscent): black currant bud, peach blossom, jasmine, tuberose, vanilla, tonka bean, Yemenese incense

Ah, another lovely Thrusday in July..... (but only on basenotes, where we march to the scent of our own fragrance!)
    Like the choice of Chaos, Heartwood -- way to go with the flow! Hope your busy week goes smoothly. (you look great in your pics!)
    Hope your procedure goes well RHM, sorry you have to keep dealing with this health stuff. But a gem mining trip sounds pretty great!
    You smell good cello! I love Gold... (lately there's a lot of 1.7oz Gold EDP on ebay for about $12 including shipping). None have a box. What’s up with that...? Yes, I ordered one -- 'cause, hey! $12!
    Oh, pearls!! Mimi, what do your pearls smell like? (perfume is not good for pearls, as I imagine you know, so wipe off with a soft damp cloth after wearing. Yes, I'm kinda bossy...)

Feeling so chatty today I almost forgot:
    PARFUM SACRE!!!!

Wearing Origins Ginger Essence today. I had laparascopic surgery 2 days ago, and this seems help with the mild nausea I'm feeling. True aromatherapy!

What a great-smelling bunch today!

Heartwood, you've gotten lots of great advice here, are doing everything you can to tame your surroundings, and you smell fabulous, so it's all good! Keep breathing, and know we're all cheering you on!

Today, after a link on the Cafleurebon website (HIGHLY recommended!) took me to a discussion on another blog regarding the prominence of pepper and geranium notes in fragrances these days, I couldn't resist choosing Fresh Index Geranium & Pepper for my SoTD.

I think it's really lovely, especially in the warm weather.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 24th June 2010 at 09:03 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Hi Everyone! Did you read Pia's wonderful article on the homepage yet?

Heartwood - What a hectic day! Gosh! You know, though, you do look positively radiant.

RHM - Big hug for you...hope everything goes well tomorrow...

Mimi - Where the picture of the pearls? Sounds pretty!

Already looking forward to the weekend. At least today feels much calmer than yesterday...doesn't hurt that I started the day by dousing myself with the calming...

FM L'Eau d'Hiver

Ironically, this "winter water" seems to be the nicest when summer rolls into Honolulu...go figure.

Yesterday's flood of mostly trivial annoyances have worn off...I spent a little time this morning talking to one of the women who work in the building...hearing her talk reminded me how extremely fortunate I am...and there's no sense sweating the small stuff...

Hugs to all.
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 24th June 2010 at 08:58 PM.

Testing the new L'Occitane Summer Secret Verbena from one of their moist towelettes. Smells like moist lemon towelette at first, before moving onto an acceptable herby verbena. The drydown is a suprise, a lovely warm cedar that I wasn't sure at first was coming from me!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday

I wore Bulgari Omnia today. I consider this scent a light gourmandy-oriental, that wears well in hot humid weather (and boy! are we having a BIG SLICE of that today!). There's a beautiful cardamom mixed with orange peel that keeps this scent light.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Two of my all-time faves being worn today in this thread, DK Gold and Chaos, yum yum yum! Heartwood, your pictures are adorable

I'm in Sugar by Fresh again. I have a habit of small stretches in the same scent with the occasional crazy jumble in there.

By the way, the next instalment of Study Notes is up today (thanks Grant!).

Boss Bottled

am. Central Park
    pm. Little Italy
    Both by Bond No.9
    Have a Great Day!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Estee Lauder KNOWING for me today.....(it can't be July or I'd already be in BOSTON!!!!!)
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

C Rose - my pearls don't smell much I guess ! I never really sniffed ! *LOL* I just love pearls - so round and luminous .....

This afternoon- I absentmindedly sprayed on Chanel Gardenia !

AM: Bleecker Street by Bond No 9
    PM: Epic Man by Amouage

Wow I've been on vacation and haven't worn any perfume till today. I'm in So In Love by VS.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Magie Noire EDT and body lotion...lovin' it!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Maids are coming at 8:00 to do the floors, bathrooms, etc. I hope. I meant to call the company yesterday and confirm, but I forgot so that has me anxious. Then DH's mother arrives later this evening from Boston. And the baby shower is this Saturday (organized and hosted by a dear friend here in our home, since I'm on bed rest). Also our new bedroom furniture should (and BETTER) arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I spoke with one of the salespeople Tuesday who says our furniture has just been unloaded off a boat in the port of San Francisco and cleared customs. He was going to have the delivery scheduler call me yesterday. That person didn't, and I forgot to call them as well. Gah, such a flake!

Last Saturday one of my girlfriends from high school became a grandmother, and Tuesday another girlfriend popped her baby two weeks early while her husband is out of town (tragic family emergency, as if the poor fellow doesn't have enough going on).

I need to wear Donna Karan Chaos today. Nothing else will do. Everything will be fine.

p.s.~ I posted some new pics of me and my belly on the Members' Pictures thread yesterday.
    Heartwood- have a good baby shower- an exciting time in your life ! Thinking of you ......

This evening ,Mitsouko parfum extrait- new stuff. Taking a break from the sniff-o-rama drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Heartwood- have a good baby shower- an exciting time in your life ! Thinking of you ......
    Yes, Heartwood! We're excited for you!!!
    Last edited by Haunani; 25th June 2010 at 02:18 AM.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today.

Did some research -- rumored to be October 2010 in Europe for 75 ml bottles, USA probably later. Christmas, may I suggest? Asha is talking to #22, I am talking to 3 of them all at once (#22, Beige and one more).

Folks decided to synchronize in Cuir de Russie -- lovely -- tomorrow. Seems like Donna is synchronizing with me today, although she seems to have missed my post altogether

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Thrusday 24 July 2010

Eau de Lalique.

Hello, everyone!

Heartwood,
    your pics are wonderful! Hang in there, I'm not going to pretend I know what you're going through right now but I will echo the other sentiments on here, relax and enjoy your shower.

So today I actually cleared out a couple fumes I'm not really feeling anymore. It's the first time I've downsized since I've been doing this, and it feels good; I've been wanting to streamline my wardrobe for a while now.

Today I'm wearing the lovely Le'a.

It goes on very wet and cool, and warms up steadily with even a little bit of an animalic undertone. Leave it to my skin to dirty something up. I'm loving getting to know this one better. I already knew it is tres tasty, but I've worn it far more than I thought I would when I bought it this winter.

Heartwood, enjoy the shower, I can only imagine all the beautiful gifts, adorable little outfits...so much fun!!
    RHM, I hope you are doing well and happy for your upcoming trip.
    Mimi, pearls and perfume, what a great combination

I am so excited about the smalles Exclusifs!!!! I am actually very excited about the smaller Eau Premier.

Today I wore Mania by Armani, the original one with the black cap. There is a note in the opening that I do not enjoy, but it goes away fast, I even received a compliment at work.

Tonight I am trying Vamp a NY by Olivia Giacobetti for Honore de Pres. It is a cheerful natural tuberose with lots of vanilla
    Evenstar

Hermès Caleche

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk