Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari Eau parfumée au Thé Vert goes dirty

The kind of pale, transparent and just so slight flowery Eau parfumée au Thé Vert from Bulgari, has always been a mellow and clean scent on me, extremely safe for the office. I really like it, even though it hardly ever show any teeth. Until today.

I was sitting at my desk in the office wondering where that slightly spicy musk was coming from... It didn't take long until I realized it was me! On my wrists I can feel something most easily described as the last parts of MKK's drydown.

I'm just curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this with Eau parfumée au Thé Vert?
    Last edited by shifts; 24th June 2010 at 08:05 AM.

Default Re: Bulgari Eau parfumée au Thé Vert goes dirty

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

I haven't got the MKK thing, but I definitely get a good dose of "dirty" cumin or cardamon in there. Everytime I wear Bulgari au The Vert I'm struck by its "dirty spice" similarities to Cartier's Declaration and Bigarade Concentree.

That spice note is actually what turned me off at first. My first time trying the Bulgari I thought "Wtf! I don't want and any cumin in my tea!"

As nothing ever stays the same, that cumin/cardamon note is now my favorite part.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 24th June 2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Sales thread here

Yes, this hint of dirtiness helps make the fragrance an even more interesting one and separates it from other fresh-florals.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

I've gotten that vibe, too. Declaration has been a favorite for a while now. When I picked up a sample of The Vert, I immediately liked it, and put it on my wishlist. Took me a few wears to realize the similarities between this and Declaration (and that I don't need to own both).

I agree. In fact, I never found it to be that refreshing and light to begin with. Definitely a spicy, floral musk on me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Bulgari "green tea" always struck me as having a kind of used condom vibe about it. Pretty dirty!