Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bvlgari MAN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bvlgari MAN

The notes include bergamot, violet Leaves, lotus blossom, vetiver, cypriol, white woods, sandalwood, cashmere wood, vegetal amber, benzoin, white honey and musk. People who tried this scent say that it is very light, fresh, but fresh in a modern and rather untypical way. The perfumer is Alberto Morillas.

The face of Bvlgari Man is Clive Owen.

The interview with Morillas about the perfume.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 24th June 2010 at 10:34 AM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bvlgari MAN

I am sure I will try it. But I am not expecting much based on their other men's fragrances plus a description of this one being "light, fresh and modern".....
    Last edited by petruccijc; 24th June 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Very stylish bottle!

Post Thanks / Like

Great bottle! ...but does exist any new scent for man without violet Leaves ??

Wow. Will this be replacing the ageing (1994) legendary Bulgari PH?

Will certainly try this one!
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

My god, the notes sound so promising, I want to try it ASAP.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful bottle, really like it. Sounds interesting too, will definitely be excited to try this.

The 'interview' with Morillas is cringeworthy though, marketingblurbs, but of course geared to the general audience behind that camera.

I don't think Bulgari invested much in the $$/ml material costs of this scent, like all modern designer scents. I just hope it's better than Bulgari Aqua Marine or Bulgari BLV PH.

I will own this.

Bulgari PH Extreme has been in my wardrobe forever. It's my "comfort scent".
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. A must try.

Mark me up as a "Cant wait to try this" guy.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Post Thanks / Like

bergamot, violet Leaves, lotus blossom, vetiver, cypriol, white woods, sandalwood, cashmere wood, vegetal amber, benzoin, white honey and musk

=

Meh.

I will try it, though, based on the house's generally positive track record and the perfumer.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 24th June 2010 at 05:31 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    but does exist any new scent for man without violet Leaves ??
    All the other notes sound interesting, but I'm tired of those violet leaves, as well... hope it won't be prominent

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    bergamot, violet Leaves, lotus blossom, vetiver, cypriol, white woods, sandalwood, cashmere wood, vegetal amber, benzoin, white honey and musk

=

Meh.

I will try it, though, based on the house's generally positie track record and the perfumer.
    I agree... It looks like a generic designer woodsy fragrance. But yeah, Bvlgari ph Soir is one of my favorite black tea fragrances, so I'll give this a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing Morillas isn't the face of Bulgari Man. He reminds me of Grandpa Munster. Bottle looks like Dior Homme was the influence. White honey and lotus blossom sound appealing, but they will get buried in the mix by the violet, white woods & vegetal amber methinks.

When is this juice out for consumption?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sounds interesting, I have to try this one. Bvlgari always holds a special place in my heart, BLV is the first bottle of perfume I've bought and I've got so many sweet memories related to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I will own this.

Bulgari PH Extreme has been in my wardrobe forever. It's my "comfort scent".
    Ditto. I love the Bulgari Aesthetic. I'm going to get this the minute it hits the shelves.

Wow no signature tea accord in this? Was not Clive the face for Hypnose Homme?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Wow no signature tea accord in this? Was not Clive the face for Hypnose Homme?
    Yes, but it was 3 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Yes, but it was 3 years ago.
    + 1

I want to try it! Anyone know when goes on sale??

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I will try this for sure.....I have not spent any time with this House for a while.....I have 3 of their scents.....I have not had a desire to spray any of these.....I'll try this and see what I think!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    + 1

I want to try it! Anyone know when goes on sale??
    In september, as usual for fall releases.

Both Bvlgari Aqva and Bvlgari Black are fantastic. I like how all Bvlgari fragrances have a distinct 'Bvlgari Family' smell. Might this be a response to Dior Homme's success?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morillas has created a number of scents that I've loved, and quite a few more that I respect. My guess is that - at a minimum - it will be something that a significant percentage of us like.

I thought he sounded genuinely excited about the creation - even if he was dropping the usual words ("modern", "sexy", "woody"). That's nice. I also thought it was interesting that he mentioned the appeal to women. Also the way he threw in "classical" at the end. It will be interesting to see if there is some kind of nod to folks who go for that sort of thing (not that you would find any of them here, cough, cough... )

Yes, Bulgari has a bunch of great scents. Hoping this one joins them!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to try it. Bvlgari is one the few designers that consistently put out quality, and unique stuff. Bvlgari PH is still unique after all these years and remains a personal favorite.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Bvlgari MAN... that's the best name they could come up with? Aren't there enough similarly named frags to confuse all but a memory expert taking Ginko?

How about something less serious but more memorable - THOR by Bvlgari. Bvlgari Atmosphere. Meltemi. Fresco. Charisma Water. Colossus - Whatever! Anything but this "Man", "Homme", "Pour Homme", "L'Homme" BS.
    Last edited by adonis; 25th June 2010 at 08:51 AM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Can't wait to try it. Bvlgari is one the few designers that consistently put out quality, and unique stuff. Bvlgari PH is still unique after all these years and remains a personal favorite.
    I agree with you. I've been rather impressed with Bvlgari and I'll definitely be keen to sample this.

I definitely look forward to trying this, but "very light" scares me.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Bvlgari MAN... that's the best name they could come up with? Aren't there enough similarly named frags to confuse all but a memory expert taking Ginko?

How about something less serious but more memorable - THOR by Bvlgari. Bvlgari Atmosphere. Meltemi. Fresco. Charisma Water. Colossus - Whatever! Anything but this "Man", "Homme", "Pour Homme", "L'Homme" BS.
    It's for people who buy their fragrances based on labels/marketing. That way they will know it's not some niche sh*t or girly fragrance, and they won't have to worry about their pee-pee falling off if they wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For the people who asked about the launch date: it will be exclusively available in some London, UK stores. In september 2010, they will do a world-wide launch.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 25th June 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's for people who buy their fragrances based on labels/marketing. That way they will know it's not some niche sh*t or girly fragrance, and they won't have to worry about their pee-pee falling off if they wear it.
    LOL ! Its soo true. I wish guys would put down their "manish" ego's when they shop for fragrances.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I can't wait to try this. Sounds great and the bottle is a classy presentation.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    LOL ! Its soo true. I wish guys would put down their "manish" ego's when they shop for fragrances.

Just...can't...do...it!!!

the same to me, but i have great expectations.. the same feeling to the upcoming chanel, kenzo and blv...

He's wearing the wrong watch!

The spray mechanism on the bottle is in the style of their Bulgari Bulgari watches... and then they put the Sotirio watch on Clive Owen...

Someone in marketing needs a smack upside the head...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post

LOL. I agree. Calvin Klein already used MAN a while back. Maybe they shd have named it Bulgari MEH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    They're scared man, it's for people that are scared.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I think that people are afraid of offending someone so they want these light, out of the shower, liquid air type fragrances.....Bvlgari Man does seem sort of bland and this is the path that many houses have decided to follow.....I always spray a scent at the department stores and walk around for a while.....I used to purchase them right on the spot.....The fragrance has to last.....Many of the new scents just don't have staying power.....And when I hear words like modern and very light I also get worried.....As always I will wait to sample.....But my hopes are not very high.....Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone managed to get an early sample of this? Very interested to seeing how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Anyone managed to get an early sample of this? Very interested to seeing how it turns out.
    I tried it by mail , 2 weeks ago and no answer at all

Post Thanks / Like

The notes remind me of L'eau D'issey pour Homme. Anyone else getting the same reference?

They had a tester at Bloomingdales, so I tried it.
    Smells very light and transparent, sort of a combination of citrus, vetiver and light musk. A word "minimalistic" came to mind when I gave it a sniff. Seems like longevity might be an issue.
    Just my first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    Smells very light and transparent, sort of a combination of citrus, vetiver and light musk. A word "minimalistic" came to mind when I gave it a sniff. Seems like longevity might be an issue.
    Pass. Next one please.

Post Thanks / Like

The new fragrance is called "Bulgari Next" Unisex

JK
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I have forgotten about this. Anybody knows if its out in Singapore?

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...Anyone tried it?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    This is not surprising, since it is a Bulgari fragrance.

Tried it yesterday at Bloomingdales when I went there to purchase Bang. Didn't really like it as it smells more like cloth or fabric than fragrance on my skin. Thankfully it was completely gone within half an hour.

On the other hand, the SA gave me a sample of the new Kenzo Homme edt Boisee and REALLY liked it. Not much of a Kenzo "anything" fan but this one I liked.

Post Thanks / Like

Aahhh, that's such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to this, if only for the bottle.

What a shame

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in Atlanta on Friday. If I have time, I may stop in a mall and look for this and BANG. I'd like to sample each of them. With these two, it will smell very light on each arm if the reviews are correct!

What I got from this was a less spicy, more floral take on Tom Ford for Men, with better longevity. Out of Bang, Bleu and this, I think I prefer this.

Post Thanks / Like

My first impression is that this is somewhat similar to Infusion d'Homme. It isn't loud, but it does have decent longevity.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess a lot depends on one's skin. I tried this at Bloomie's in San Francisco today and bought it. Looking beyond the marketing and the fragile male ego of some men, I tried to judge it on its own merits.

First, let me say that I don't only buy the most wonderful scents. Some fairly mediocre scents are still good enough to wear to work, or on a routine day. I can't live with my head in the clouds all the time! I thought this was a bit above average middle-of-the-road scent, the kind of thing I could wear around people who don't like scents that project a lot. It is close to the skin (like a lot of the Bvlgari men's line, apart from Black, perhaps). It is modern and fresh, with the currently popular violet leaf accord, but it also has a nice semi-gourmand quality (the honey?) and it dries down pretty quickly to a skin scent that is nevertheless detectable to those very close by (a date scent, maybe).

One of the SAs compared it to a combination of Bvlgari Soir and Bvlgari Black. I would have said Soir and Blue without the marine note. Soir, but warmer, not so off-the-top fresh, but more subtly so.

In short, perfectly nice, but not stunning; consequently, perfect for when you want to come across as smelling (merely) nice (and not too much). It fills a niche in my wardrobe, along with a few others. Whether it's for you is for you to decide, but I would say don't dismiss it without trying it, and give it some time on your skin before you decide, as always...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

I have a sample which the Bulgari Rep at Bloomies gave to me. She noted that the official launch is scheduled for next month.

The scent is a slight spicy woody fragrance - would be a great summer scent. Very sophisticated and understated.

Post Thanks / Like

As a sidenote, I hope you all will rediscover Green Tea Extreme when you go to try Man. Just sayin'...

Sounds very common...I'll definitely smell it as i like Bvlgari's scents but I'm not expecting much.
    Guess i'll even buy it for the bottle alone.

Post Thanks / Like

It's available in the UK in House of Fraser. I tried it on my skin.

First off, sorry to mention it again, but the bottle is really nice. I love the way the tube is hidden if it's under the juice. Really nice.

As for the fragrance itself, the opening is quite nice. Refreshing and light, with citrus, but it's pretty boring. In fact it reminded me a lot of their Bvlgari Pour Homme line.

The drydown is where it goes downhill. It just smells like 212 Men. That metallic, grassy, citrusy smell. Sillage is actually pretty decent. I mean it's not a projection monster, but it's not as bad as say, Gucci Pour Homme II in terms of sillage. Longevity is also very good. It's been about 4 hours now and it's still fairly detectable on my hand.

It's nice, but overdone really.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it rebadged Omega Aqua Terra ?

Out Of Bleu De Chanel, Bang And Bulgari Man I think I liked Bulgari Man the best,
    I liked Bang but already have peppery colognes...I like Bulgari MAN because its not an aquatic but it is still quite fresh,
    -AVENTUS-