Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bvlgari MAN

Default Re: Bvlgari MAN

I tried this today and was very pleasantly surprised. It reminds me of Tom Ford For Men, but stronger, longer lasting and with more character. I really, really like this a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    It's available in the UK in House of Fraser. I tried it on my skin.

First off, sorry to mention it again, but the bottle is really nice. I love the way the tube is hidden if it's under the juice. Really nice.

As for the fragrance itself, the opening is quite nice. Refreshing and light, with citrus, but it's pretty boring. In fact it reminded me a lot of their Bvlgari Pour Homme line.

The drydown is where it goes downhill. It just smells like 212 Men. That metallic, grassy, citrusy smell. Sillage is actually pretty decent. I mean it's not a projection monster, but it's not as bad as say, Gucci Pour Homme II in terms of sillage. Longevity is also very good. It's been about 4 hours now and it's still fairly detectable on my hand.

It's nice, but overdone really.
    agreed, I detect also a note like apple and something of resin at the base.It seems a Night aquatic.

Tested this, and while it is fresh and pleasant enough...
    ...it comes off as a less competent, starchier. doughier version of Dunhill Fresh.

It has all the cleanliness and violet leaf and light powdery fake iris/wood accord underneath, the starchniess seems too much, and late in the day it smells "doughy", like a countertop full of flour keeping the dough from sticking.

Save the cash and revisit Dunhill Fresh, the superior version of this exact MO.

I tried a bit of this on a card just now and really, really like it. Can't stop smelling it. It's reminiscent of PH Extreme, but without the elements of that fragrance (coriander and grapefruit) that I found offputting. To my nose at least, this retains the attractive citrus parts but adds a bunch of pepper and smoke, and the result is much superior. The more it dries the better it gets too. I'm going to have to go back and try this on my skin.

On the negative side, the bottle looks nice but two out of my four spray attempts resulted in a big jet of liquid ejaculating out of the nozzle. Glad that was on a card and not me...

Sur la Plage

Tried this today. Looks like Bore-gari has made another "office friendly" scent. I am amazed that this house actually put out Bulgari Black.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think it's really good and is similar to Jean-Claude Ellena's style. That whole transparency thing it has going on.

I'm still on the hunt for this one...

Oh, it's not very good. What a shame.

Notes are rather brash, not very interesting in the opening and very dry, brusque in the end. A vapid offering.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

A very light scent.....I tried this and I'm not interested at all.....Bang, Bleu and Bvlgari Man are just common ok fragrances.....I have 5-7 fragrances that are ok and common.....I sure don't need anymore!!!
    Gary

Tried it again today...man I wasn't kidding, this is insanely starchy.
    Doughy/starchy/flour-like
    The synthetic-Iris, benzoin, powdery woods, and Cypriol don't come off clean, they come off, well, like a pizzeria owner covered in flour.

I too was skeptical, however I now have it and I feel quite differently. I also have Aqua Marine & Aqua and was not impressed by those. This one is different, it is light, fresh and almost is sporty but not really. I have only worn it for 2 days but I like what Im experiencing, the longevity is great too. I bought 4 bottles with the intention of selling it but Im definately going to make 1 a permanent part of my collection

Tried this at Nordstrom today. Of the recent fall releases (Bang, Bleu de Chanel, The One Gentleman, etc) I would have to say this is my favorite. My initial impression was that it smelled similar to Bulgari PH Soir, but having tested it again at home with a sample I have to say it is much, much better than Soir. Very nice, I do believe I'll be getting a bottle of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Tried this at Nordstrom today. Of the recent fall releases (Bang, Bleu de Chanel, The One Gentleman, etc) I would have to say this is my favorite. My initial impression was that it smelled similar to Bulgari PH Soir, but having tested it again at home with a sample I have to say it is much, much better than Soir. Very nice, I do believe I'll be getting a bottle of this.
    I agree, though I like Bang alot. I still think Halston Man Amber is the best new release out of all of these, but I like this alot.

First off, I don't get fresh at all from this. I get spicy pepper from the start and through the end. To me it is a combo of TdH and Gucci PH(I). In fact my analogy is if you have a screen door that is made of a lighter version of Gucci and behind that door you have orange peels. When I smell it I smell the Gucci but when I sniff deeper I get this orange note that comes up from behind it. It is almost like having a scent within a scent and I have to draw it out. I guess some might call the orange to me fresh but the orange is more a Fall/Spiced Orange. I think Bulgari does a good job with their stuff..I love Aqua...and this is no exception. It is a nice Fall scent and much better than The Gentleman.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I think Bvlgari Man is absolutely terrible! Smells extremely synthetic and stale on my skin. This is a far cry from the rest of the bvlgari line.

An update to my post above...wearing this today..sample. It reminds me alot more of Bleu but with added spice and orange...better for me. Both have a similar feel to me after a hour or so of wearing but I prefer the spiciness of this. Today I almost pulled the trigger on this but decided I may want Bang or Halston Amber more. Undecided.

Update:Tried another spray on card today and I like this more and more. I'm excited to find 2-3 new offerings I love now
    Last edited by ToughCool; 1st October 2010 at 02:13 AM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I tried this on my skin at Macy's today. Really nice, and much better than expected. Has a lot more spice and warmth than I anticipated. Great office scent, and since I work in an office 5 days per week, that's pretty useful, ya know!

I like it's character much better than the Tom Ford Grey Vetiver I tried out yesterday.

I have to be an advocate for this. I can't get enough. To me, it is a hybrid of the discontinued Gucci Rush, which I love, and Armani Attitude. I detect a slight anise note but my nose could be tricking me. It is very wearable and I regard it superior to the latest offerings (Aventus, Bleu, Bang, etc). I can't wait to acquire the ancillary products, if they make them. It is the perfect balance between fresh and woody/spicy.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Got my set of Bvlgari Man today. 3.4 OZ in a slick toiletry bag plus a .5 OZ travel spray. Same cost as the 3.4 by itself. Nice reward for my high stress job.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I don't think Bulgari invested much in the $$/ml material costs of this scent, like all modern designer scents. I just hope it's better than Bulgari Aqua Marine or Bulgari BLV PH.
    Anything is better than than Aqva Marine

Bought a 3.4oz bottle a day or two ago... I've received nothing but compliments since.

I blind bought it for my birthday like a week ago and I'm still not sure about it. The topnotes and drydown are very exciting, but there's something in the middle notes that I find a bit... harsh (vetiver ? I don't know...). However, it seemed less annoying the last time I worn it. Doesn't thrill me like the other Bulgari's yet but I can't deny there's something subtly sexy in a rather unique way.
    Very cool bottle btw, the "invisible" spraytube provides a good effect.

This fragrance is very safe, but good. Starts off very floral, but gets sweeter as it dries down. Also this fragrance is very dry. Might need to buy this one soon. This fragrance lasted over 10 hours on my skin, however after 3 hours the scent was very "transparent."

It's a very Clean refreshing fragrance. On my skin it has a minty feel to it at first. Then it smooths out. Very nice in my view, I may pick it up once the price goes down. I don't think it's worth the full retail price.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

I finally got to try this out this weekend. I get a lot of violet, citrus and cedar notes. Very pleasant and masculine. And lasts a solid 8 hours. This will be hitting my wishlist.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

This thread has got me a lot interested in MAN...I put up a rule about giving each house a shot (one each, except for my 3 Adolfo Dominguez's and 2 Dolces) and since I have Bvlgari Aqva...but the way you've guys said it it just hit me that I have too many loud and dark frags (possibly coz I'm wearing Rive Gauche too today...like what JaimeB said, having "my head in the clouds") that I'm itching for something quiet and understated...a must-test for me then
    Last edited by funhuntr; 5th October 2010 at 07:33 AM.

I tried this at Narita duty free shops last week. I didn't think it was bad. Much better than Chanel Bleu, at least. Don't remember much about it, though.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Aahhh, that's such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to this, if only for the bottle.

What a shame
    It just struck me that often, when people say about a fragrance that it has a great bottle, it's sort of like when a friend tries to convince you to go out with a girl who's got "a great personality." You kind of get the idea that she might be sort of plain. If the bottle is the thing you single out about a fragrance, what does that say about what's inside? I think this is called "damning with faint praise."

That said, I don't think this is all that bad a scent. The bottle is certainly nice, but you'll notice that in my appraisal of it (see above), I didn't mention the bottle at all. That's because I thought the scent had some merit of its own; not great, but decent... She's got a "great personality," but she's kind of cute after all.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Tested Bulgari Man at Von Maur today. I liked it, even though it is basically a well-done straight-up copy of Thierry Mugler's (now-discontinued) B*Men. If you're crying because B*Men stock is dwindling and you can't find it anymore, here's your second chance.

If I didn't still own a bottle of B*Men, I'd buy this. But I do. Nice bottle, though... Bulgari always does well in the bottle design department.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Do you really think it smells like B*Men? And why is the stock going down?
    John
    Fragrance Reviews & Splits on YouTube
    Http://www.YouTube.com/user/itmllc

B*Men? Nah. I would try again.

Got to sample this the other day and it reminded me somewhat of a more masculine Voyage D'Hermes. It definitely had a transparency effect going on and the the base had a very subtle Amen/Bmen vibe going on. Overall a pretty decent scent that I will have to try some more before I decide if its bottle worthy

Very little similarity to B*Men to my nose.

I got a sample of this sprayed on skin and got complimente the first time I was around a woman.

I wore eight sprays of this today and I cannot smell myself. Hmmmm....I am pretty tired....

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wore eight sprays of this today and I cannot smell myself. Hmmmm....I am pretty tired....
    Really? Im sampling this again and put it on about 7 hours ago and can still smell it well enough.

I just noticed I'm fighting a cold a little too. I am catching wafts of it, but it's not strong.

Tried it...the base notes really set this scent apart from other masculine freshies that are out there. Very good base!
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

It is a VERY light fragrance. You cannot over apply. IMO

I've been sampling this for a few days now. It really is a nice scent. Also, about the bottle, the spritzer tube isnt hidden, it's just that the pictures dont show it. But Bvlgari did a really good job at making the tube translucent and smaller than a normal tube. The downside to the bottle is that the sprayer might be a bad design. I've tried two separate testers and both the sprayers were iffy at best, sometimes peeing out a jet of juice.

From what I tested the spray was VERY diffuse! It reminded me of my bottle of Guerlain Homme... The spray doesn't really go where you spray it...it just goes everywhere.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Ugh, pass on this stuff, what a waste of a nice bottle.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Quote Originally Posted by thierry mugler View Post
    Ugh, pass on this stuff, what a waste of a nice bottle.
    Haha, not a fan of Violet and woods?

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Tested Bulgari Man at Von Maur today. I liked it, even though it is basically a well-done straight-up copy of Thierry Mugler's (now-discontinued) B*Men. If you're crying because B*Men stock is dwindling and you can't find it anymore, here's your second chance.

If I didn't still own a bottle of B*Men, I'd buy this. But I do. Nice bottle, though... Bulgari always does well in the bottle design department.
    B*Men??? Not to my nose at all...I think it's a great scent. Not daring but otherwise smells great, good longevity and compliment-getter for me.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

I was wanting to find a new transparent, clean fragrance for everyday use and ended up giving a competitive sniff to three very similar scents: Bulgari Man vs. Guerlain's Cologne du Parfumeur vs. Acqua di Parma Essenza. The three are very similar to each other. Of these three I preferred Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain and that's what I went home with. I have no regrets, but Bulgari Man was a very close second. I will need to try it again someday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I've been sampling this for a few days now. It really is a nice scent. Also, about the bottle, the spritzer tube isnt hidden, it's just that the pictures dont show it. But Bvlgari did a really good job at making the tube translucent and smaller than a normal tube. The downside to the bottle is that the sprayer might be a bad design. I've tried two separate testers and both the sprayers were iffy at best, sometimes peeing out a jet of juice.
    Sampled this last week too. I loved the juice, at least I did afterthetop notes were gone. Had the same experience with the tester in my local Macy's too.

I received a sample vial of this while purchasing a replacement bottle of La Nuit De L'Homme.

I had a wedding to attend on saturday so I threw it in my travel bag for something to wear during the day on sunday.

My impression of this fragrance is that it is a more toned down, woody version of L'Eau D'Issey. The opening is very floral and clean smelling. The base is where you get the wood notes which are wet, light, and sweet to my nose.

I sprayed this a total of 4 times, one on each side of the neck and one on each wrist. This seemed to be adequate but this fragrance is very inoffensive and can be sprayed liberally. The longevity is average. I got between 6-8 hrs on my skin.

If you are looking for a fragrance to make an impression then you will likely be disappointed with this offering from Bulgari. If you are looking for a versitile fall/spring day fragrance that you can wear to work or casually then this may be something right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by PhlyerFan View Post
    I sprayed this a total of 4 times, one on each side of the neck and one on each wrist. This seemed to be adequate but this fragrance is very inoffensive and can be sprayed liberally. The longevity is average. I got between 6-8 hrs on my skin.

If you are looking for a fragrance to make an impression then you will likely be disappointed with this offering from Bulgari. If you are looking for a versitile fall/spring day fragrance that you can wear to work or casually then this may be something right up your alley.
    Agreed 100%

Tried it today, finally.

It's a combo between Bulgari PH, Bulgari PH Soir and Bulgari Aqua Marine. Very quiet, transparant scent. Very inoffensive. More sensual than Bulgari PH thanks to the violet leaves.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Basenotes Plus

Gave it a test wearing today. Safe? Yes. Bland? Sometimes, when I'm looking for depth & complexity. It does remind me of Bleu de Chanel somewhat. I'll probably give it a couple more chances to impress but as of now Bulgari Man has absolutely nothing on Bulgari pour Homme. A case of a gorgeous-looking bottle in need of a better juice perhaps?

I'm not ecstatic over the path that masculine-marketed fragrances seem to be taking, and their multiple renditions of 'transparent spice' and reworkings of sport theme... Hopefully I have to eat my words and soon 'cuz the bottle is TDF! And who says I don't enjoy spending time with women of 'great personality'?

Huge letdown for me. Something in the base does not agree with me. I obtained a sample from Nordies and promptly made it my SotD. I felt gross all day. I've had this happen with a few other scents...should figure out what causes this reaction, so I can avoid it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Reminds me very much of Prada Amber PH, just it doesn't go as sweet as the Prada. Nice, but not FBW for me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

b10steeple

Last edited by b10steeple; 1st September 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Basenotes Institution

A friend of mine came to visit me over the weekend and he brought with him his brand-new bottle of Bulgari Man. I wore it one night and I found it extremely accessible, nice and friendly and with that signature Bulgari dry down that I am familiar with, from wearing BPH many years ago.

I, personally, like my scents a bit more exciting...

I wear this scent often ... of all places ... to the gym. It's light enough that no one except me can tell I'm wearing fragrance.

Also, I'll add that I agree with others, the bottle is BEAUTIFUL.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I agree with JaimeB on this, I tried this yesterday and it's really a very nice fragrance. Not exceptional by any means but it's really enjoyable to wear as a day to day fragrance. The bottle is fantastic by the way, really quality in feel and looks great.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I actually don't like the bottle. They don't need to have BVLGARI in two places. They should have either gotten rid of it above the word man or, preferably, gotten rid of the silver BVLGARI on the black collar.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

^same here, feel that BVLGARI MAN that print on the bottle has ruined the invisible tube design.

I tried it yesterday. I was underwhelmed at the beginning, but it eventually won me over. I put it in the same family as fragrances such as DKNY Men and Gucci by Gucci: those citrusy, violety, dry woody type things that seem to be everywhere these days. I think the Bvlgari might do it better, though, and I really liked the way the musk came out later in the development. I put it on at 2 PM yesterday and can still smell it on my arm this morning, so it seems to last pretty well. I’ll use the sample I received a few times before making up my mind, but so far I like it.

I need to wear this more often. I have a big 'ol 3.4 OZ that I'm not using much.