Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bvlgari MAN

Default Re: Bvlgari MAN

It didn't work on me at all. All I got was some fresh-spicy-woody mess on me. I couldn't wrap my head around where the focus was. I agree, nice top notes, but goes in all directions for me. Maybe I have to try it again, but for now, no thanks, I don't understand it. Longevity is questionable too.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I do not like it at all.
    But that's only my opinion.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Tried it a few times. The violet leaf fails to materialise on my skin and I share iMaverick's experience with Bulgari Man. In fact it smells like a watered down version of Davidoff Champion. You know where I'm going with this... Huge disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

This one smelled like just about any other fragrance I smelled at the store today (about 12). I really tried but just couldn't get into it. Not something I'd pay for or even want as a gift, for that matter.

I have to agree with whomever said there was similarities to B*Men. This is like a lighter, fresher version of B*Men, with hints of Narciso Rodriguez and Infusion d'Homme thrown into the mix. I get a distinct rhubarb note in the heart of this, and that's definitely where I'm drawing a connection to B*Men.

Anyhow, I like it a lot. It keeps the good parts of B*Men and fixes everything that was wrong with it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I had a sample of this and bleu de chanel made a few weeks ago while I was at Nordstrom, and I'm so glad I did. The smell absquatulated as fast as it went on. I couldn't smell this on my skin at all after 1.5-2 hours, which is some of the worst longevity I've ever seen. The projection was also pathetic. I literally had to bury my wrist in my nose to even smell it. The actual scent wasn't too bad, but I greatly prefer bleu de chanel over this.

I agree. I really like the scent itself, but the longevity and projection are miserable.

[QUOTE=SculptureOfSoul;2005003It keeps the good parts of B*Men and fixes everything that was wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't find anything wrong with B*Men, I don't mind wearing it compared to Bvlgari MAN. Mugler scents are supposed to smell juxtaposed, incongruous. That's its quirky, edgy signature and I get that. As for MAN, I really don't get what it's trying to say. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the Bvlgari line either. They really went out there with this one.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I agree. I really like the scent itself, but the longevity and projection are miserable.
    What a shame, on me longevity is great, more than expected, in the other side sillage is shy, a regular projection that could be better..

Very clean and manly fougere. The drydown kind of reminds me of Azarro Chrome "Lite" or Ferragamo PH. I'm sure many will enjoy this one, but it's not for me.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

I'm really enjoying this more and more as I sample it more. I love how the violet + lotus + citrus combine early on to suggest a rhubarb like note. The honey note is blended seamlessly with the woods and is rather subdued, but adds just enough sweetness and richness to really add some sexiness to what could otherwise be a plain 'clean' soapy offering (eg Infusion d'Homme), and the cypriol shines as a dry woody note.

I want a modern, clean, "white shirt" fougere, and the race is on between Bulgari Man, Cooper Square, Sartorial and Infusion d'Homme. Right now, Bulgari Man is in the lead.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Also, I think this is a scent that needs to be tested on skin, perhaps multiple times. A card test does it no justice, as it is one of those scents where the beauty lies in the intricate and subtle balance of things, and those subtleties are difficult to ascertain and enjoy when sprayed on a card, especially when testing other more extroverted scents.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!