Code of Conduct

Smile A & F Fierce - Like Son, Like Father

My wife just bought a bottle of Fierce for our 14 year old son who is into the A & F and Hollister clothing lines. In general, he has been mildly amused with my scent obsession (while my daughter and 9 year old son are usually quick to ask about my daily scent), but it was all we could do to get him to start using the Axe line about a year ago.

Well he finally started using the stuff, and he even likes it. And I must say, I do too. Say what we will about frags like this, but I gotta tell ya, Fierce just smells great. I suppose it reminds me a bit of GIT or Cool Water. I am not sure I would ever make the purchase for my own wardrobe, but I'm glad we have a bottle in the house.

Oh, and today my SOTD is Fierce. : )

Have you ever been scent influenced by your kids?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: A & F Fierce - Like Son, Like Father

Cute story funraiser18. I don't wear Fierce, but I would imagine there are worse scents that a 14 yr old could wear.

I don't have kids, but one time this kid at the mall (walking in front of me) was wearing Encre Noire to a devastating effect. Gave me a whole new appreciation about the scent, smelling it on him.

Blog Entries

oh hey im wearing it today too! i think its a great fragrance really

I wish they didn't spray a bottle of it in the ventilation system at malls. otherwise i'd wear it.

Its a unique fragrance like no other. I proudly own a 3.4 oz bottle and love it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

My wife loves Fierce on me, but I grew tired of it quickly. It smells great, but it's kind of linear to me. I guess I want more of an interesting development in my scents. I'm too picky, I guess.

I think the linear nature of this scent is a good thing. I enjoy smelling good from application to shower, start to finish! It its original conception, they had some horrible spice, cumin I believe, in the top notes. I had to suffer through it to get to the spectacular drydown. I am grateful they removed that rancid mistake and now I feel like it is perfect!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think sharing a family passion for scent is a healthy thing to do! I think you boy's taste in scent will mature as he does. (My parents both used scent and were well-groomed. That is their gift to me. I thought them the ideal couple when they went out on a "date," my father in his white dinner jacket and my mother in her heels and cocktail dress.)

However, I will never--ever--be persuaded into wearing a young family member's Britney Spears Fantasy. It smells like a toxic cupcake--see the reviews in the archives and look at Luca Turin's reviews.
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th June 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Yeah, it's not so bad...woody and refreshing. I think it's pretty well-respected around here, just not worn by many, thanks to Abercrombie's decision to pump ridiculous volumes of it through their air ducts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't have kids, but one time this kid at the mall (walking in front of me) was wearing Encre Noire to a devastating effect.
    A kid at the mall wearing Encre Noir!?!? Good for him! I wonder if he was a Basenoter. You can't even find it in stores anymore. You pretty much have to know to look for it online, as far as I know.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Fierce is a beast. Much love for it.