Code of Conduct

Smile A & F Fierce - Like Son, Like Father

My wife just bought a bottle of Fierce for our 14 year old son who is into the A & F and Hollister clothing lines. In general, he has been mildly amused with my scent obsession (while my daughter and 9 year old son are usually quick to ask about my daily scent), but it was all we could do to get him to start using the Axe line about a year ago.

Well he finally started using the stuff, and he even likes it. And I must say, I do too. Say what we will about frags like this, but I gotta tell ya, Fierce just smells great. I suppose it reminds me a bit of GIT or Cool Water. I am not sure I would ever make the purchase for my own wardrobe, but I'm glad we have a bottle in the house.

Oh, and today my SOTD is Fierce. : )

Have you ever been scent influenced by your kids?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: A & F Fierce - Like Son, Like Father

Cute story funraiser18. I don't wear Fierce, but I would imagine there are worse scents that a 14 yr old could wear.

I don't have kids, but one time this kid at the mall (walking in front of me) was wearing Encre Noire to a devastating effect. Gave me a whole new appreciation about the scent, smelling it on him.

Blog Entries

oh hey im wearing it today too! i think its a great fragrance really

I wish they didn't spray a bottle of it in the ventilation system at malls. otherwise i'd wear it.

Its a unique fragrance like no other. I proudly own a 3.4 oz bottle and love it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

My wife loves Fierce on me, but I grew tired of it quickly. It smells great, but it's kind of linear to me. I guess I want more of an interesting development in my scents. I'm too picky, I guess.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

I think the linear nature of this scent is a good thing. I enjoy smelling good from application to shower, start to finish! It its original conception, they had some horrible spice, cumin I believe, in the top notes. I had to suffer through it to get to the spectacular drydown. I am grateful they removed that rancid mistake and now I feel like it is perfect!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think sharing a family passion for scent is a healthy thing to do! I think you boy's taste in scent will mature as he does. (My parents both used scent and were well-groomed. That is their gift to me. I thought them the ideal couple when they went out on a "date," my father in his white dinner jacket and my mother in her heels and cocktail dress.)

However, I will never--ever--be persuaded into wearing a young family member's Britney Spears Fantasy. It smells like a toxic cupcake--see the reviews in the archives and look at Luca Turin's reviews.
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th June 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

Yeah, it's not so bad...woody and refreshing. I think it's pretty well-respected around here, just not worn by many, thanks to Abercrombie's decision to pump ridiculous volumes of it through their air ducts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't have kids, but one time this kid at the mall (walking in front of me) was wearing Encre Noire to a devastating effect.
    A kid at the mall wearing Encre Noir!?!? Good for him! I wonder if he was a Basenoter. You can't even find it in stores anymore. You pretty much have to know to look for it online, as far as I know.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Fierce is a beast. Much love for it.