Code of Conduct

Default From short to long hair

Hey fellas this is my first post hopefully you can help me.

I've always had the same haircut, short, 0 on the sides/back and 4 on top, with a fade of course.

But now I have decided to let it grow out, to about my collarbone. I want to layer it, and go for the same hairstyle that Raizo has in the Ninja Assassin movie.

My question:

How do I cut/maintain it until it gets long? Its normally my time for a haircut, meaning its about a 6 on top, and probably a 2 on the sides. My hair has odd hairs sticking out from all places because it is not even, and hair is starting to grow on the back of my neck.

Should I cut it a certain way? Leave it the way it is? Trim it? I mean, how do I cut it and maintain/style it until I got it to the right length?

Thank you!

Default Re: From short to long hair

I'd say skip any haircut for six weeks. Then go to a hairstylist and say you want to grow it out like you have in this post, but want it to look kept up and not raggedy while you're going longer. He/she'll have to cut it just to take care of the raggedy stuff and keep the fuzz off the back of your neck and all that.

Follow that procedure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: From short to long hair

What Dust said, and bring with you a picture of your desired result. Don't rely on word descriptions with your hair stylists. They're visual people. You're still going to have to go in for slight trims - you want to be presentable during your transition phase.

The times I've grown my hair out - by the time I got to the desired length I was already tired of it...
    Last edited by adonis; 2nd July 2010 at 11:20 AM.