Code of Conduct

Thread: Ernest Daltroff

Default Ernest Daltroff

Pardon me... but I just need a moment to express my adoration for Ernest Daltroff.
    I just received my packages from The perfumed court today: 8 mL of Alpona, vintage Nuit de noel and hte discontinued Voeux de Noel.

I'm so in love with this man's fragrances that I sometimes lose touch with reality as i get lost in feelings of bliss and wonderment. What an abolute treasure this man is to perfumery. Scents I own, love, and will not be living without:

-N'aimez que moi
    -Alpona
    -Or et Noir
    -En Avion
    -Pour une femme (parfum)
    -Narcisse Noir (parfum sample, buying decant this summer)
    -Nuit de Noel (parfum sample, buying decant this summer)
    -Pois de Sentuer (Parfum sample, buying decant this summer)

I haven't tried all of his, but i'm getting there. the sweeter scents (Tabac, Bellodgia, Infini and Acosioca) were nos.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Ernest Daltroff

Allow me to climb aboard the Ernest Daltroff love train. Acaciosa, Pour un Homme, Tabac Blond, Royal Bain are only a few of the many Carons I love; special, magical creations all.
    Last edited by tdem1961; 25th June 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

tdem- hehehe!!! Yes, let's see how many Daltroff lovers we have here :-)

Just curious- you are a woman that loves un Homme? how does that wear on you?
    Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Baykat, I love Pour un Homme. On me it opens with that bracing blast of lavender but is almost immediately joined and softened by the ambery/vanillic base. The vanilla isn't gourmandy or particularly sweet to me, just rounds out and "thickens" the top. I think I'll wear some to bed tonight!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I love his En Avion, La Parfum de Therese and Or et Noir (although I believe another nose is credited for this).
    "It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent"

My favorite (vintage extrait): Narcisse noir, Nuit de Noel, Alpona, Farnesiana (based on Ernest composition)

All his perfumes have something in common, like a "soapy" base.

mon-petit, yes yes to all you listed!!! (I'm wearing some vintage nuit de noel right now)

the more I sniff the more I detect how others try to copy Daltroff. poorly, of course, but they try nonetheless.

Basenotes Plus

oh yes! Bellodgia, Nuit de Noel and Royal Bain de Champagne are wardrobe staples for me
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I am so with you on this. My love for this man's work is great!
    I love Jasmine.

Yes. I grew up with PuH and it would be my desert island scent if I had to choose one right now. Wonderful indeed and from a world that is no more. It's too bad we can't have more treasures like these around anymore.

Tabac Blonde. The old formula. Amazing. Best leather ever IMO.