Code of Conduct

Default Amazone Light Eau de Fraicheur by Hermes

I've been wearing Amazone Light non-stop for the past month; it's been nice to take a break from the sweet and fruity! My only issue is longevity - need to refresh about 4X/day.

Does anyone know if the regular Amazone is the same scent, but more concentrated?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Amazone Light Eau de Fraicheur by Hermes

On me, the regular Amazone (older formulation) does not last long either as it is also an eau de toilette. I usu. get about three hours worth of scent before it fades.

I think the Eau Fraicheur is made of different "lighter" notes (perhaps more citrusy or floral) and not necessarily a "lighter" scent as such. I truly enjoy the original Amazone.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I found this scent first through the eau fraiche and was hoping the original Amazone would be stronger and longer-lasting.

I bought a vintage Amazone on ebay and it smells a little different, and is slightly stronger, but as Primrose noted, it doesn't last much longer. I love it and will use my bottle up, but don't think I'll reinvest since it is so fleeting.

Hillaire

I have never detected any relation between these two, and I own them both. At least the vintage Eau Fraicheur.

EF is a bitter, sweet quirky scent. And Amazone proper is a dry, almost masculine chypre. I like Amazone a lot, but I think Eau Fraicheur is a really hard scent to like, very unusual.