Code of Conduct

Default Amazone Light Eau de Fraicheur by Hermes

I've been wearing Amazone Light non-stop for the past month; it's been nice to take a break from the sweet and fruity! My only issue is longevity - need to refresh about 4X/day.

Does anyone know if the regular Amazone is the same scent, but more concentrated?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Amazone Light Eau de Fraicheur by Hermes

On me, the regular Amazone (older formulation) does not last long either as it is also an eau de toilette. I usu. get about three hours worth of scent before it fades.

I think the Eau Fraicheur is made of different "lighter" notes (perhaps more citrusy or floral) and not necessarily a "lighter" scent as such. I truly enjoy the original Amazone.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

I found this scent first through the eau fraiche and was hoping the original Amazone would be stronger and longer-lasting.

I bought a vintage Amazone on ebay and it smells a little different, and is slightly stronger, but as Primrose noted, it doesn't last much longer. I love it and will use my bottle up, but don't think I'll reinvest since it is so fleeting.

Hillaire

I have never detected any relation between these two, and I own them both. At least the vintage Eau Fraicheur.

EF is a bitter, sweet quirky scent. And Amazone proper is a dry, almost masculine chypre. I like Amazone a lot, but I think Eau Fraicheur is a really hard scent to like, very unusual.