Code of Conduct

Default Is Sean John I AM KING considered good around here?

I tried on a whole bunch of fragrances today. Among the ones I had squared it down to, Armani Code and Diesel Fuel for Life smell too overpowering to me. Acqua di Gio is a pretty standard choice but I found the smell to be sort of lazy and bland compared to I AM KING which smelled really good at first. I'd have bought it but it stayed on the shortest while and couldnt smell it at all after just 2 hours on my wrist. Is there something similar out there that's better? The fruity smell to it makes it more interesting to me than Acqua di Gio.

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Is Sean John I AM KING considered good around here?

You'll find plenty of reviews of I Am King here in the Basenotes Directory. You'll find that it gets mixed reviews at best, and since Sean Jean scents often have close analogues in other lines the reviews may suggest some viable alternatives.

I honestly would NEVER recommend a fragrance designed my a celebrity. I find them bad quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Castro View Post
    I honestly would NEVER recommend a fragrance designed my a celebrity. I find them bad quality.
    Have you personally tried I Am King? It's not bad beyond recommendation but, as Vibert states, there are better alternatives. I used to have the same attitude as you toward celebrity scents but I changed my opinion after discovering I missed out on plenty of interesting scents as a result. However, the ratio of good to poor is still quite a bit larger than other categories.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    Have you personally tried I Am King? It's not bad beyond recommendation but, as Vibert states, there are better alternatives. I used to have the same attitude as you toward celebrity scents but I changed my opinion after discovering I missed out on plenty of interesting scents as a result. However, the ratio of good to poor is still quite a bit larger than other categories.

I have not tried it. But call me a snob but I don't think I could bring myself to try it haha. I went into Perfumania the other day because I was interested to see what they carried, and they had a huge display for 50 Cents fragrance. I smelt it and was horrified.

Creed's Silver Mountain Water or Bond No. 9's Wall Street are much nicer and will outlast I Am King. But then they are much more $$$.

Fuel for Life does calm down after 30-40 mins. Its one of my favorite frags for summer nights.
    If you want a less 'powerful' version of Code try 'YSL la nuit l'Homme.'
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I would recommend it if you want a sort-of nice smelling frag for about 15 minutes....my point is that it is so watered down it won't last you very long