Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Cool Water was my previous signature scent would Creed Green Irish Tween be an upgrade?

The beginning... "similar"... to (no offense) possibly noses which are not the most experienced. (Neither is mine, I should add.)

The dry-down... Britney Spears versus Johann Sebastian Bach (the music not the corpse... or the corpsemen, as a famous politician likes to call our armed forces (-: (-.

I've worn this (GIT) in and out for more than ten years. Never regretted it. Never got sick of it. Learned a lot more since, yet GIT has not lost its charm. My present GIT bottle is the freshest I've ever had - the drydown is clearly weaker than in the past and than I'd like (I can use four-five sprays of this, which is enormous for my standards), but the topnotes are the clearest/lightest ever. I still miss though the much stronger violet leaf note present in my first GIT black (slightly lugubrious) bottle, bought somewhere 1999-2000 from Parfums Raffy.

4oz/120ml for a $120 non-discounted price... seemed extravagant then... little did I know what was to come...

As opposed to other Creeds, I've never had a bottle of GIT I disliked. I just enjoyed the differences.

An exceptionally underpriced fragrance. (Not entirely kidding.)
    Last edited by Addict; 27th June 2010 at 08:14 PM.

Default Re: Cool Water was my previous signature scent would Creed Green Irish Tween be an upgrade?

OK, so the verdict is in. You can have the cologne that experienced noses understand is vastly superior, or the one preferred by the opposite sex. God, what a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    OK, so the verdict is in. You can have the cologne that experienced noses understand is vastly superior, or the one preferred by the opposite sex. God, what a hard decision.
    Actually you've got a point... provided that the one preferred by the opposite sex could be confirmed by an even semi-serious experiment, rather than by scarce anecdotal "evidence".

One thing which annoys me greatly about Cool Water (which also belies its name) is the over-sweet, almost cloying (as I perceive it, of course) candy-persistence after the first 20 minutes.

One man's test on 5 or 6 women is hardly the definitive study.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 27th June 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    One man's test on 5 or 6 women is hardly the definitive study.
    True.

I'd also surmise that the dateable quality of the lady should also be taken into account.

In perfume art's world is not all about democracy.

Would you rather date one of the many women getting all excited about Hardee's bacon burger or would you prefer to get a chance with the one able to appreciate wagyu steaks? (-:

Whoa whoa whoa. Sample GIT either way, it's a benchmark fragrance. And, IMO, it's not just an "upgrade" it's a Kia to a Benz. It's an astronomical improvement. Cool Water is chemical, sour, sloppily put together, where as GIT is classy, expensive smelling and smooth as butter.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th June 2010 at 01:41 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

To be fair though, that experiment wasn't exactly a broad sample. If we tested 1,000 or 5,000 women, all of similar age and background and the verdict came back the same, THEN you may have a point with which the opposite sex prefer, but even then it would be pushing it. GIT is by FAR the number one fragrance mentioned in the stickied compliments thread on top of the forum, and I don't necessarily know that GIT is worn more than CW, so that argument wouldn't suffice as an excuse.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Cool Water is chemical, sour, sloppily put together
    I understand that many people don't like Cool Water, but even if I hated it I couldn't describe it as sloppily composed.

As for my previous comment, I realize that the experiment I refer to must be taken with a grain of salt. What I am really reacting to is what I perceive as an unfair evaluation of both frags. Cool Water is often dismissed as sub-par on these forums, although there are also many people here who hold it in high regard. I'm among the later. It's not my signature frag, it's not even really my style, but it's so well done that I just have to keep a bottle on hand.

If you own both try something that I do. I spray the inside of the cap once so that when I want to smell the fragrance I pick up the cap and sniff it before putting it on in case I forget how it smelled. Cool water and GIt smell similar in the beginning, but GIT smells much stronger over a week or two and still smells good. While CW didn't smell as nice, and was very faint.

hell yes it would be an upgrade!

Basenotes Plus

Without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    True.

I'd also surmise that the dateable quality of the lady should also be taken into account.

In perfume art's world is not all about democracy.

Would you rather date one of the many women getting all excited about Hardee's bacon burger or would you prefer to get a chance with the one able to appreciate wagyu steaks? (-:
    Correct.

Here's my CW v GIT 'Survey'

My 'rules of engagement' are better defined here

For the avoidance of doubt, my 'sniff team' are all Quality Women. Professional, articulate, well presented. The kind of woman I would be happy to date if I wasn't already taken!

Remember though, we're talking about me, my personal body chemistry, and women of my age group. If you want to do your own 'survey', all you need is half a dozen or so women who know you well enough to know you're not trying some kind of cheesy line, who are prepared to be candid with you, and who look forward to their next sniff !!!