Code of Conduct

Talking Anyone saw Avatar Movie? If you were an Avatar what cologne would you wear?

I like the Avatar world in the movie it seems mystical and forest like, dreamy, fantasy world kinda.. i'd want to wear something exotic to fit in i'd probaby go with Terre d'Hermès for the mineral note/grapefruit and vetiver. Terre d'Hermès is a cologne i couldn't get off my mind after samlpling a 2ml vital I still don't own a full bottle yet but I will soome.

As for being back in the ship as a normal human i'd wear Jean Paul Gaultier le male which i own (who doesn't haha) but i like the warm and fresh minty note i get in the beginning and as it fades you get a woody smell like youve just had a rough day in the winter outdoors hunting and it settles down nicely into relaxing scent like you made it through a manly day doing something. haha

anyone?

Default Re: Anyone saw Avatar Movie? If you were an Avatar what cologne would you wear?

Something tacky and over-hyped. Something you wouldn't want to smell again. The kind of cologne that makes you wish you hadn't wasted 12 dollars on it.

Default Re: Anyone saw Avatar Movie? If you were an Avatar what cologne would you wear?

I'd wish that I would wear my fave fragrances both in a parallel universe in a real world

Anyway, if a fragrance was ever my other (and maybe more profound) self, an alter-ego of my in some parallel world, an expression of more hidden, more subconscious layers of my mind and soul, I wish it were Armani pour Homme

I hope nobody says Avatar.. I'd wear something mysterious.. but bold. Perhaps Burberry The Beat. Or to really turn the heads of my avatar bros and sis' maybe Philosykos.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    something tacky and over-hyped. Something you wouldn't want to smell again. The kind of cologne that makes you wish you hadn't wasted 12 dollars on it.
    lol!

Pino Silvestre it's the Chanel for Avatars

I'm vaguely picturing some kind of space-age fougere, if such a thing exists. I think somewhere in the BN reviews, someone described Vetiver Extraordinaire as "vetiver roots in space", so maybe that one.

Something tacky and over-hyped. Something you wouldn't want to smell again. The kind of cologne that makes you wish you hadn't wasted 12 dollars on it.
    Looks like someone didn't like the movie...LOL

Comme des Garcons 3

The concept of the fragrance is that it smells like an "imaginary flower."

I think it smells more like Fructis shampoo, but it's really good. Smells like some sort of citrusy and sharp flower with a touch of woods. Maybe something that's growing on the planet in Avatar.
    Sales thread here

I was just scrolling through the reviews of CDG 3 and noticed this one by the_gabba_goul. (I feel the same way about this fragrance):

"...This scent is a stroll through a dream, fying through the swirling mysts of an alien planet, not unlike our own, but still primal, and prehistoric...you pick a beautiful blossom, from the ground, it looks like no earthly flower has ever looked, an explosion of different shades of pink, green, yellow, white, and silver, the pedals thick and plasticky, sticky with a sweet nectar...you raise it to your nose, and just as you inhale and your senses are filled with this very scent, your body submits to it's raputre, and at that very moment, you awake...and as your senses greet the day, the sweet smell still lingers on your body..."
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 26th June 2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Sales thread here

Last edited by NDN-01; 27th June 2010 at 03:19 AM.

I didn't see the movie, so I can only pick based on the appearances of these blue mutants. I was told it's basically just Dances with
    Wolves anyway. I guess I think Cool Water Deep would find a nifty place in the warddrobe of one of these blue mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I didn't see the movie. I was told it's basically just Dances with Wolves
    Yup! They just painted us blue.

Nasomatto Silver Musk

Oh, the truly unique Axe deodorant, of course! The blue one! (Or the green one. Or whatever.)

Tom Ford - Black Orchid
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Sur la Plage

Cool Water
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

CDG Sequoia, Hinoki, or Artek Standard - essence of trees and wood from the habitat
    Frederic Malle Angelique Sous La Pluie, Atelier Trefle Pur - for the green plant essence
    Neil Morris Ghandara or Abdel Salaam Attar Promufo African Queen (pink or black) - mysterious jungle flowers
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 27th June 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Maybe Kenzo Power because of the "abstract flower"-thing? I´d be interested in the answer of a member of the Blue Man Group...

I share the sentiment.

For me, it would have to be Rochas Man. Like Avatar the film, it's sort of dumb but still very appealing and well done. And its prominent chocolate and vanilla notes are derived from plants I normally associate with a rain forest, like the setting of Avatar.

I am not trying to be rude, but this thread made me laugh. The next topic should be "What would Falkor from The Neverending Story wear?"

Aqua Velva.

MPG - Racine
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    The next topic should be "What would Falkor from The Neverending Story wear?"
    I'd answer that thread...

Cool Water. Roundly panned by fragrance snobs, but proven to be a historically important classic.

Also, as I recall, there was a lot of water on Pandora, and it appeared to be cool.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 28th June 2010 at 10:22 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

DeepSilence

Something Green Aquatic

Quote Originally Posted by l'aventurier View Post
    comme des garcons 3

the concept of the fragrance is that it smells like an "imaginary flower."

i think it smells more like fructis shampoo, but it's really good. Smells like some sort of citrusy and sharp flower with a touch of woods. Maybe something that's growing on the planet in avatar.
    This!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 29th June 2010 at 02:54 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Kouros, because it's overrated.

My first thought was "Etiquette Bleue." LOL!

Or maybe Feerie by Van Cleef and Arpels:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...0001&parentId=
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th July 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

As long as the juice is blue, should it really matter?

Basenotes Institution

Alien by Thierry Mugler is the only one I could think of.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon & Stars

If the original poster means what the indigenous Pandoran Na'vi would wear, I can only base my opinion on what I know on Earth. The Na'vi were basically like early American Indians, close to the planet, spiritual, primitive etc. I can imagine something smokey, incensey, leathery, "natural", perhaps a little animalic. None here are perfect but a couple come to mind...

Musc Ravageur, Frederic Malle
    Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan
    M7 YSL

Genuine oudh meets all the requirements, that is if you don't nearly vomit as I did. After 4 hours, it was great.

^ Yes, I think they just plug the ends of their hair into agarwood trees. Or sandalwood ones.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

Last edited by jasonx; 15th July 2010 at 12:30 PM.