Code of Conduct

Default How to tell if you are applying too little or too much...

Hey guys, I'm a new user of fragrances. I'm a guy, 20 years old and in College. Currently I'm using Versache Man Eau Frauche and Issey Miyake (I guess they both are kinda cliche so to speak, I just wanted to start with some pretty safe fragrances that I liked)

I'm not sure the strength of them but when I apply it I can never actually really smell it without putting my nose right next to where I sprayed (for the record, I usually spray at a distance, one to each of the pulse points on the neck and one to each wrist). Now, I don't know if this means I'm applying too little or not. I want it to be able to project but not be overbearing. To hit the sweet spot so to speak. Does anybody have any tips for this?

Also, thanks in advance to anybody that helps, it is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: How to tell if you are applying too little or too much...

You might get better projection if you spray closer, and you could use less sprays if more of the cologne ended up on your skin. Remember that you can't smell yourself after a while, even though everyone else can. These are well made designer frags, and people will smell them with two or three sprays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not everyone is the same.
    I have oily skin or some type of "chemistry" that seems to make many colognes "project" probably more than they would on other men with regular or dry skin.

I actually spray into the air and then let the mist settle on my leg because my experience with straight on spraying on the neck, arm or torso has taught me that that is the way to be known as the "Too much cologne" guy.

You gotta get some friend or relative to be honest and tell you if the spray you just applied is too much or just right.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

With Versace Fraiche, I notice that projection is rather distance. I think you are missing a vital spot, which is the chest. I ALWAYS spray on my chest becaus I feel that this place will keep the fragrance best. I tend to wash my hands a lot throughout the day so the wrists wear off quick on me. The neck is a great place too.

You might want to try different places. By spraying your neck near the front, you're flooding your own nose with scent, and after few minutes you may be unable to smell your scent at all, even if everybody else can.

Lately, I like the _back_ of my neck, so that it has some distance to travel, and my stomach. (A rather unromantic place to apply, but I like the way that the scent's blocked by my shirt, so that it can only gradually escape.) I only spray my wrists when I'm testing, because it does tend to wash off, as mentioned, plus even that seems to keep my nose so supplied with scent that I stop being able to smell it.

I should note that I'm female with long hair, so the scent has to work harder to waft from the back of my neck. Short hair may not work as well.