Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody

From nstperfume.com:

Kenzo will launch Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody in September. The new fragrance for men is a flanker to 1991’s Kenzo Pour Homme (now known as Kenzo Homme or KenzoHomme).

The strength of wood rises from the roots to the treetops. Like a tree, the KENZO man draws his strength from the energy of the earth. His gaze clears a path towards the sky. Without barriers. Without limits.

Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody is a woody aromatic fragrance, and was developed by perfumer Olivier Polge. The notes include mint, basil, black pepper, rosemary, Atlas cedar and Haitian vetiver.

Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml.

Last edited by petruccijc; 27th June 2010 at 03:01 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody

Interesting...thanks for sharing! I look forward to its release.

I must say that this sounds interesting along with Comme des Garcons Wonderwood!!! It appears that the wood type scent is the new wave that is coming Our way!!! Kenzo does a very good job with their scents.....So this should be something to sample for sure!!!
    Gary

Sounds perfect. I want to try it.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I must say that this sounds interesting along with Comme des Garcons Wonderwood!!! It appears that the wood type scent is the new wave that is coming Our way!!! Kenzo does a very good job with their scents.....So this should be something to sample for sure!!!
    Gary
    Agreed - both of these are big on my list now. Yes - Kenzo generally makes good decisions, and O. Polge is money in the bank. Power is still an amazing scent as far as I'm concerned.

This is a very interesting combination of notes. There are bits of Roadster, TdH, and others in there. In any case, it does not sound wimpy.

Seems intereting. I am not to keen on Kenzo, but Olivier Polge knows what he is doing, so I will want to sample this. Thanks for the info.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A Kenzo Homme flanker made by O. Polge does sound interesting indeed! I hope he got the mint right. For me that is. Can´t stand the mint in Roadster.

O. Polge's creations are always well done, so I'm sure this will be sth interesting.

Very interesting. I own Kenzo Homme and find it unique and different, yet I can't say this is the scent I use a lot. Sure am keen to try the flanker, though.

3 high expectations releases; Chanel, blv, kenzo. i cant wait to try this..the ad and bottle are amazing.

From the sounds of it Olivier Polge is set on tranforming one of the best marine fragrances on the market into a generic vetiver-spice woody sports fragrance..
    -

generic? is the last word to be in a kenzo fragance. Well, kenzo house is a mainstream seller right? but i think they try in every fragance to stay away from a simple generic perfume.

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm a fan of the Kenzo men's frags for their amazing subtlety. I will be interested to see how they express a heavily wooded frag in their traditionally subtle way.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

So, anybody tried it? It is available already in some European countries.

I'd like to try this as well. I love KenzoAir which sadly can't be found in the states, it seems.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

It's at bloomingdales.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions View Post
    It's at bloomingdales.
    Yup. Picked it up yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    ..... and what's about ?

And the verdict is?

Hey petru thank you for sharing that! Looks interesting!

and what's you opinion?
    [B]Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Sur la Plage

So any opinions/reviews on this one yet?

I saw this in Bloomingdale's over the weekend. It's a pleasant scent, not as strong of a wood as say... Hinoki. It's a Kenzo type of scent, somewhat more complex than some others they offer. The only problem I had was that it didn't last long on me at all. But for the moments I (and the person I was with) could smell, it's light, woodsy, well-balanced, has a few other notes in it - I swear I smelled basil.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    It's a Kenzo type of scent, somewhat more complex than some others they offer.
    Agree

Agree
    How does it compare to, let's say, Terre d'Hermès and Marc Jacobs Bang?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I sampled it this week. It's has a subtle, kind of velvety texture, like cedar fragrances often are. So, although very well made and pleasant, it could be quite predictable and generic if there weren't the fresh notes - mint, basil, Haitian vetiver. They give the fragrance an original touch. In fact this minty, fresh accord stays till the end just in the right proportion, leaving respectable space for the wood but still present enough.

(I'm tempted to compare the wood base - just the wood! in this fragrance to He Wood without the watery violet, yet it smells much more refined and balanced, more likely to please everyone, while He Wood makes a much more direct and peculiar statement).

I'm a big fan of the original Kenzo Pour Homme and i dare say KPH Boisée has absolutely nothing to do with it except the iconic shape of the bottle.

Haven't smelled Bang yet, but if I had to compare it with Terre d'Hermes I would say TDH is much more niche and KPHB - more mainstream. Besides that, they don't have much in common. If I had to blindly buy a fragrance for a gift to a person I don't know so well, I'd think twice before buying TdH but i wouldn't hesitate for Kenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar Azul View Post
    I sampled it this week. It's has a subtle, kind of velvety texture, like cedar fragrances often are. So, although very well made and pleasant, it could be quite predictable and generic if there weren't the fresh notes - mint, basil, Haitian vetiver. They give the fragrance an original touch. In fact this minty, fresh accord stays till the end just in the right proportion, leaving respectable space for the wood but still present enough.

(I'm tempted to compare the wood base - just the wood! in this fragrance to He Wood without the watery violet, yet it smells much more refined and balanced, more likely to please everyone, while He Wood makes a much more direct and peculiar statement).

I'm a big fan of the original Kenzo Pour Homme and i dare say KPH Boisée has absolutely nothing to do with it except the iconic shape of the bottle.

Haven't smelled Bang yet, but if I had to compare it with Terre d'Hermes I would say TDH is much more niche and KPHB - more mainstream. Besides that, they don't have much in common. If I had to blindly buy a fragrance for a gift to a person I don't know so well, I'd think twice before buying TdH but i wouldn't hesitate for Kenzo.
    Hey, I recently bought the Kenzo by Kenzo, though i'm not particularly fond of the opening at first. To me it smells a bit like air freshener (clean linen) from a grocery store, but when it settles down I really do enjoy it.

Since I also have Jungle, is this very similar to it or no?

I think no. But I'm not the best to judge as with fragrances like Jungle nutmeg/peppery notes always dominate my nose for a long time, standing on my way to appreciate other aspects. I don't have it and I haven't explored it long enough but surely, Jungle is rich & spicy, this one is lot more subtle.
    I agree with opinions shared in different threads that Kenzo fragrances never share a common trend , they're all distinct smells but there's no particular Kenzo signature except that they're all very good .
    Talking vague comparisons, I'd point Declaration for the smooth woody part, Guerlain Homme for the mint part (just the mint)

Tried this at Bloomie's a few days ago and will definitely go back to purchase it. The sample the SA gave me lasted all day on the back of my hand at work. Not a big "Kenzo" fan in the past but this one I like.

Like this scent

are there two versions a homme boisée and homme boisée edt? i find references to two different versions (the later therefore a edp) with a slight different composition? is that so and if yes has anyone tried the other one (since i think the edt is a bit weak)?

There is only one version exists - Eau de Toilette Boisee

Perfumer: Olivier Polge.
    Notes of mint, basil, black pepper, vetiver, rosemary, Atlas cedar and white musk.

Kenzo + Polge = Success.
    Kenzo made it again!. "Kenzo pour homme boisee" is an aromatic/spicy and soft, woody gorgeous scent.
    This new fragrance is supposed to be a flanker to the 1991′s "KenzoHomme"
    They have nothing at all in common (the only real similarity being the shape of the bottle and a salty trail). That doesn't mean that it will be a big dissapointment for all the original "KenzoHomme" lovers like me, as long as they don't expect something as unique as the 1991's original.

It starts fresh and slightly spicy.
    There is a lively explosion of a salty refined vetiver, sexy mint and a background of spicy basil. The herbal side of mint and basil is fresh and brilliantly light yet intens. Even though, it never becomes overpowering.
    Being honest, at this stage, I was afraid, as the opening really blew my mind and I was scared, presuming that it could react as "Tokyo", when, after the top notes, the whole perfume lost all the character.
    This is not happening in "Kenzo Boisée": the mint accompained by the basil and glorious vetiver shows their presence all the way through, so the perfume becomes rather linear but deliciously addictive.

During the heart and the drydown, the linear formula changes a little with the soft, airy, light cedar accord. Here, the wood seems almost secondary, where the previous notes from earlier reign above all.
    So this is not a deep woody perfume as it has been advertised (Thank God).
    If you are looking for a real, light woody one, better forget this one and go for CDG "Wonderwood".

"Kenzo pour Homme boisée" is a magnificent, well put together fragrance.
    Yes, it is salty but not as the original one, and also it is spicy and woody but nothing like "Jungle Homme".
    It has the perfect balanced amount of very carefully (and intelligently) chosen ingredients By Polge.
    Some people will compare it with the original and it will probably receive bad reviews without justice because they may find it a little mainstream compared to any other of the Kenzo's fragrance line.
    I have to agree, but also, I'm happy to say that this new launch will have success in terms of being the best mainstream launch of this year for two simple reasons:

1. Polge always made great perfumes and this one is not an exception.

2. It leads us eventually to the woodiness side that everyone expects, making the scented trip really memorable.

"Boiséé" is not as loud as "KenzoHomme" and not as quiet as "Power". It has its own place in the middle, having a distinctive projection and a really good lasting power.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Smelled it today on my skin,

Kenzo Power - Soft flowers
    Kenzo Boisée - Crushed herbs and woods

Very different from Kenzo Power, which has softer flower notes. Boisée is woody, spicy and fresh to me, you can smell the rosemary, cedar and vetiver very well-blended into the fragrance itself. Very very nice outdoor fragrance, especially if one is going out to the forest for an exploration.

On top of this aromatic blend, I smell some crushed raw basil, I don't mean just the basil leaves, rather the entire plant, imagine the entire basil plant blended into the fragrance, it has the familiar basil note from the leaves, however with an added darkness from the stem and the wood.

I do not smell the pepper, however I suspect that it is probably working in the background to enhance the woody notes and the spice. I can imagine the aroma of these woods and herbs rising like incense, not too sweet, rather very raw, earthy, jungle-like. Crushed herbs and woods.

I am starting to warm up to the Kenzo house. These are great frags for whenever your forced into those moments of needing "not to offend" anyone with your scent. As of current, I like Jungle PH the best... if this hits Sephora I'll be sure to get a sample from the SA.

For me it's a mix of Burberry The Beat for men (also done by O. Polge) and Declaration. It is more green than woody, I can describe this as fresh spicy, something like herbs with a pepper. It is very close to The Beat, so if you like it, you will like this as well. Sillage is average, longevity is good.

Sur la Plage

I found it to be a very, very light woody nothing of a fragrance. But that does not surprise me since it is Kenzo. It is nothing I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I found it to be a very, very light woody nothing of a fragrance. But that does not surprise me since it is Kenzo. It is nothing I am interested in.
    i bet uwould like i t if it wasby CREED !!!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    i bet uwould like i t if it wasby CREED !!!
    Uh, no I wouldn't.

liaer!!!!!!!!

u bners just l ike weird old man smeling colognes

/noobmode

Considering I'm not too crazy about pure wood fragrances (no matter how light), I'm not sure I'll be crazy on this one. I'll try it regardless though.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I tried it first time and couldn't help but smile. Then bough Kenzo by Kenzo which I appreciate but didn't blew my mind as I expected. Tried Boise again today and something about it just made me smile again. Definitely a purchase.

What is it called on FragranceNet / StrawberryNet? Can't find em!

Tried it today on paper, and I got incredibly minty woods. And by incredibly minty, I mean like a Live Jazz type of mint. Crushed mint leaves or whatever. To be honest it kind of overpowers the rest of the fragrance; I was hoping for a nice heavy woody scent with a slight zing. Need to test it on skin.

Smeghead - I sprayed it on paper first, then on skin. The smell comes out different. The scent didn't seem to change for me until after 10 minutes or so when it starts to blend with the skin's natural oil.

I bought a small bottle the day it was released for sale. Now several months later it remains one of my favorite designer frags. My towel closet gets 10-15 sprays of it every time it is reloaded with clean towels because the rosemary/pepper/mint are a great lift at 4:30 in the morning during the work week. As we have solid no fragrance policy at work, it's a way to get a great fragrance lift in the morning. And some non-work day early mornings I'll use this.

It's great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    liaer!!!!!!!!

u bners just l ike weird old man smeling colognes

/noobmode

Considering I'm not too crazy about pure wood fragrances (no matter how light), I'm not sure I'll be crazy on this one. I'll try it regardless though.
    I ♥ this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    I bought a small bottle the day it was released for sale. Now several months later it remains one of my favorite designer frags. My towel closet gets 10-15 sprays of it every time it is reloaded with clean towels because the rosemary/pepper/mint are a great lift at 4:30 in the morning during the work week. As we have solid no fragrance policy at work, it's a way to get a great fragrance lift in the morning. And some non-work day early mornings I'll use this.

It's great.
    Now that I know O. Polge was also responsible for The Beat For Men (thanks, AntonPan!), he's behind almost a full house of my favorite fragrances. I will likely be getting this - although I would prefer to sniff it first....

Kenzo Woody left me cold. It does the minimum that a fragrance should do - smell good. But it doesn`t seem linked to the original fragrance. For a fragrance that seems to evoke a return to nature, it`s a quite synthetic vetiver woody fragrance. The best part is the drydown, which seems to use a kind of vetiver chemical which retains a leafy, woody, green smell, without the smoky part. But the opening is horrible. It seems instable, sometimes smelling realy nasty, like a cheap hand liquid soap. It also bothers me the smell of nutmeg, that sometimes is evident, sometimes is not. It doesn`t seem to fit the fragrance, it`s a unsuccessful attempt of creating a olfactive signature around this note - starting with kenzo jungle and continuing in kenzo tokyo.
    In general i like Kenzo fragrances, they seem above the overall massmarket fragrances. But this one didn`t captivated me. It could have been worse, but i imagine it could have been better too. The second weasket fragrance of 2010 from me, only behind Chanel Bleu, which was the king of mediocrity in 2010 for me.