Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Mugler Cologne: Buy or NOT buy?

i do like this fragrance, but im not sure if i want to spend the money. i LOVE the vetiver of American Eagle's True, and vetiver in general really, so how good of a vetiver fragrance is it?

basically im desciding between buying a Le Male 4.2oz gift set or the Mugler cologne one. one i own and love, the other i dont own but may love

Default Re: Mugler Cologne: Buy or NOT buy?

If you already own the Le Male, why buy more? I'd get the Mugler--then you'll have both.

If you can get it to last more than an hour, buy buy buy.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Not buy. It's not a good vetiver scent at all. Try Guerlain Vetiver, M;Men, or Eau Sauvage for good vetiver.

Guerlain Vetiver is better than Mugler... ten thousand times!
    Last edited by ricardohmedina; 27th June 2010 at 08:58 PM.

PawelL

Do not buy the Mugler. It does not last at all. Waste of money.

Neurosis: you have expressed many longevity issues in other threads. I haven't tried Mugler Cologne, but many notes I see bemoan it's lack of legs.

I'm sure it smells great, but cologne strength doesn't seem like your cup of tea.

Actually Mugler Cologne lasts very long but ONLY as a skin scent... 0 sillage.

dont waste your money.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Mugler Cologne is great! It's fresh citrus aromatic scent, it's perfect for summer.

I love Mugler Cologne, and it lasts a while on me (albeit as more of a skin scent), but I wouldn't really consider it a "vetiver" cologne. If you want something like Mugler but more vetiver based, maybe Paul Smith Story?

Great stuff. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlnd View Post
    I love Mugler Cologne, and it lasts a while on me (albeit as more of a skin scent), but I wouldn't really consider it a "vetiver" cologne. If you want something like Mugler but more vetiver based, maybe Paul Smith Story?
    I totally agree with this man. Not really a vetiver scent.

But for what its worth, I love Mugler Cologne and highly recommend you buy it I get good longevity and it's an awesome scent to relax to.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Maybe Creed Original Vetiver for more floral planty-ness, Encre Noire for strictly vetiver, or Eau de Paco Rabanne or Paul Smith Story for ivy-like crispness. For soap, I prefer Gendarme which is a somewhat sweeter, wetter type of soap smell.

buy. Mugler Cologne is great stuff

Mugler Cologne lasts FOREVER. Now, it very well may be anosmia to the many musks in Mugler Cologne, but for many (maybe you too), it lasts and lasts and lasts. Plus, you're not going to find a fresher, more refreshing scent on the market.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th June 2010 at 02:38 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

the reason id buy the Le Male gift set is cause i only bought a 1.3oz and im burning through it....i did buy it but im going to return it, id rather have the $82 honestly. Macys has absolutely disgusting prices

EDIT: Macys allows you to return something with the receipt, in the original box, everything there, nothing has been used, correct? i know some places are really lame about returns and i generally dont return what i buy
    Last edited by Neurosis; 28th June 2010 at 03:44 AM.

If you like vetiver you might want to give Paul Smith Story a try. It basically the Mugler Cologne without the orange blossom smell with vetiver aimed way up. It's cheap and long lasting too.

And for the record, I kind Mugler Cologne to be really long lasting and project quite well on my skin.

I really liked Mugler Cologne, very clean and soapy smell. The several times I tested it on skin it was completely gone within ten minutes.

Is Mugler cologne just EDC? I saw some websites that listed BOTH EDC and EDT versions... Maybe that would explain longetivity problems for someone that uses just EDC?

I tried Mugler Cologne and thought it was a beautiful scent. I might eventually buy a bottle. The longevity was great--all day on my skin. What else do you expect from a Mugler frag?

My problem--it got very cloying, to the point where it made me a bit nauseous.

But definitely the closest thing to a balanced and well crafted frag from that house (sorry, A*Men fans).

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Is Mugler cologne just EDC? I saw some websites that listed BOTH EDC and EDT versions... Maybe that would explain longetivity problems for someone that uses just EDC?
    I check the TM official site and they say that it's an eau de toilette.

Sur la Plage

I think it is a great fragrance, and I personally have no longevity issues with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Worth buying, refined, discreet summery cologne

Go for the mugler.

As others have said, it's definitely not a vetiver frag. It's a great summer choice though: clean and fresh. I have no problems at all with longevity. I'm wearing it today as a matter of fact.

to me, Mugler cologne is a feel good scent. When your feeling low, just spray some on and it lift your spirits up high!
    seriously though, you have to try it, it is full bottle worthy for me.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

I've gotten many compliments on MC way after I stopped smelling it on my skin, unless I put my nose up to my arm or under my shirt. It'll always be a summer staple for me. The body products are amazing, too.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Go for the Mugler. I get great longevity from it. Although I didn't pick up the vetiver at first, one day it clicked for me and now it really stands out. It's more versatile than Le Male and isn't strictly a summer scent in my opinion. Worth the purchase.

Basenotes Institution

Buy it!

it makes me sound like a Philistine, but I paid $20 for it at Marshall's and I'd say it's worth just about that. If anything I'd say maybe I feel like I overpaid.
    many have said it before, but for a longer-lasting variation on this "cut grass accord," shop around the online discounters for Creed's Original Vetiver. I'm hardly a Creed flag waver, but this one definitely trumps Mugler's bumm.

Not a fan of Mugler Cologne. It's a bit sour vetiver. Go for:

Vetiver by Guerlain for a soapy, fresh yet elegant dry down vetiver
    Encre Noireby Lalique for a smoky vetiver
    Vetiver Tonka by Hermes for a sweet, elegant, tobacco, vetiver smell.