Code of Conduct

Default Alternatives to Creed Millesime Imperial

So, Millesime Imperial was my first ever niche purchase some 2 years or so ago. I used it like crazy when I bought it, and then tired of it, and ended up not touching it for over a year. A few months ago, I was craving it, and have grown to absolutely love it since then, and now clearly recognize its brilliance as a fragrance. That being said, I'm now about finished with my bottle, and while I'm still open to repurchasing MI, I get bored quite quickly and worry that I'd eventually tire of MI yet again. But I still do appreciate this type of scent and want to maintain a fragrance that is similar to occupy the same position in my wardrobe (i.e fresh and fruity). Just to get the inevitable out of the way, Unforgivable smells inferior to MI and Wall Street (which I own) smells pretty terrible when compared to MI IMO. It doesn't need to be identical (in fact I'd prefer it wasn't), but something fresh and fruity is what I'm looking for. So any good ideas?
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th June 2010 at 01:21 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Alternatives to Creed Millesime Imperial

Mixte Homme by JA

Maxims Orphee
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, CDG Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke extrait, Xerjoff Fars & Xerjoff Gao

Have you tried Aramis Cool Blend? Its one of the better 'fresh and fruity' fragrances without being too generic.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Some alternatives are:

Bond No. 9 Wall Street - slightly less expensive but smells just as good with the citrus melon part being slightly less intense.
    Sean Jean I Am King - unlike his first try which was "unforgivable" Sean's I Am King does smell good and is a decent lower priced alternative to M. Imperiale.

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Maxims Orphee
    Agree, but it isn't that easy to find in the US (to my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It seems it's available in their boutique in Paris for a mere 52 euro for a 100ml bottle.
    I wonder why don't they sell this in other countries.

http://www.laboutiquemaxims.com/c40-...s-parfums.html

I havent smelled it but doesnt Montale's Bois and Fruits smell identical to MI?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Have you tried Aramis Cool Blend? Its one of the better 'fresh and fruity' fragrances without being too generic.
    I just got a small bottle of this. It is really not bad. It is a fresh bubblegum flavor scent, pretty decent stuff.

Have you tried Burberry classic (formerly known as Burberry London)? I would wear MI, D&G ph, and Burberry classic on the same occassions, so perhaps you should consider those two...

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I know. I've been keen to try it for a long time, but it never shows up.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Have you tried Burberry classic (formerly known as Burberry London)? I would wear MI, D&G ph, and Burberry classic on the same occassions, so perhaps you should consider those two...
    It's actually my best friend's signature scent. I've tried it on my skin, but it doesn't work as well on me as it does on him.

Silver Mountain Water

Bond No. 9 Wall Street has a similar vibe. But something in my head is clicking that you don't like Bond No. 9.

It's kind of a cucumber top as opposed to the melon in MI. Kind of works. It didn't grab me, but others like it. Some think it smells a bit like money- literally like a stack of fresh crisp bills.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    It's actually my best friend's signature scent. I've tried it on my skin, but it doesn't work as well on me as it does on him.
    How unfortunate. :-) Well, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Bond No. 9 Wall Street has a similar vibe. But something in my head is clicking that you don't like Bond No. 9.

It's kind of a cucumber top as opposed to the melon in MI. Kind of works. It didn't grab me, but others like it. Some think it smells a bit like money- literally like a stack of fresh crisp bills.
    For me, Wall Street feels more like a celery note than cucumber, but it is definitely vegetable as opposed to fruity. I am not fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I havent smelled it but doesnt Montale's Bois and Fruits smell identical to MI?
    It has some similarity with MI, but greater to SMW and in my opinion is less interesting than either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

Yea, I definitely don't like Bond no. 9 anymore. Though I DO own Wall Street and Bleecker Street. I love Bleecker Street, and don't care for Wall Street. I find it to be very synthetic and I can't deal with synthetic orange notes (or whatever citrus is in WS), which is primarily what I get out of WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    How unfortunate. :-) Well, I hope you find what you're looking for.
    Lol. Thanks man.

Does Bergamotto Marino have fruity notes in it? Or is it more in line with Mugler Cologne?

I have Bergamotto and tried Creed MI some weeks ago. I can't recall on a conclusive basis how this last one was, but I am pos sure that they are not similar at all, so this might rule out BM as an alternative.

BM is an amped up version of a traditional eau de cologne, longer lasting and with pronounced sillage, but that is all: no fruits nor tobacco in that one.

I do remember that after trying MI Michael Koors came to my mind. Maybe it was an olfactory faux pas, but others familiar with MI and MK might attest as to the pertinence of this peception.