Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bond no 9 vs the perfumed court.

I guess the folks at Bond just can't get it through their thick skulls that this is a form of promotion that is free to them. So what's next, Bond going after MUA and all of the many people who trade decants and samples? Gimmee a break.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post
    I guess the folks at Bond just can't get it through their thick skulls that this is a form of promotion that is free to them. So what's next, Bond going after MUA and all of the many people who trade decants and samples? Gimmee a break.
    At face value, it seems counterproductive. My only explanation is that Bond reckons it has a comparative advantage when it comes to the image (although I personally find their flacons tacky) and a comparative disadvantage when it comes to the juice. For competition purposes, then, I'd be better to avoid decant trades.

All I can say is that I am waiting for a new release from Guerlain. That is where my money is going.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Advise to TCP: do have pages for Bond products (none at the moment); display the legal letters you have received from Bond on these pages, explaining why you cannot sell the products. Educate the public, so that people can vote with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by xilonic View Post
    Advise to TCP: do have pages for Bond products (none at the moment); display the legal letters you have received from Bond on these pages, explaining why you cannot sell the products. Educate the public, so that people can vote with their wallets.
    + 1

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by xilonic View Post
    + 2

I think we need to remember that TPC is basically a few ladies from fragrance boards who decided to get together to sell deacants because they knew how expensive it is to be buying whole bottles, esp. if you are an afficionado. It was basically a way to do splits but make it convenient for people from different boards to go to one source. Not sure if it is still his way, but you could get shipments from any of the various locactions the ladies were located in the US, there was no central location. As a small business with an unusual set up, the legal fees of contesting it would be huge, even if they could win their case. it is unfortunate that Bond put the pressure on. They are basically making it harder for people to test out their scents and hurting them selves in the long run. I overall agree though, ond is a company that produces smell alikes far more often than any truly orginal or groundbreaking fragrances.

xilonic, thumbs up
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

I just bought a sample of a Serge Lutens from TPC. This was not from the SL export line, so was able to smell something unique.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

wow
    I just read this thread,
    I had no idea this was the situation with Bond.

Was there ever any response to all this from Bond No. 9?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I noticed that Posh Peasant sells Bond No. 9 decants now.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I noticed that Posh Peasant sells Bond No. 9 decants now.
    I wonder if Bond No. 9 will go after them, too.