Code of Conduct

Default Let`s talk about; Amouage Ciel.

What do you think of this one? I own a 2ml spray of it, and it`s a exciting and unique scent indeed. Someone has mention this is too feminine with all the floral notes, but i don`t think so at all. Lyric is more in that category IMO. Do you think Ciel is strictly for spring and summer use?
    - I have decided to buy a bottle Amouage Silver, which I like very much, but I like Ciel to.. I think maby Ciel is to similar to Dia, which I already own. Sillage and longevity seems to be much better on Silver than Ciel..
    -Eny opinions?
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 28th June 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Default Re: Let`s talk about; Amouage Ciel.

This is the finest ozonic fragrance ever made. Floral but very wearable--even by macho men.

For me it is good and evil. I get a lot of good quality ingredients, but also I get the ureaic note that Luca Turin talks about. The two notes never resolve, and I can't shake the urea. I much prefer the Silver.

I really like the whole Amouage line. I bought Silver, Gold, Dia, Homage, Lyric and Jubilation. But Ive been on the fence about Ciel for a while now. I do enjoy it (and I dont get the urea association thank god) but I cant seem to bring myself to buy a full bottle. I almost have at least three occassion but I have always chosen other scents instead. I think partly because I only get about 2-3 hours before I cant smell it on myself anymore and I usually get decent longevity. If a bargain came up I think I would get a bottle but I am in no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I really like the whole Amouage line. I bought Silver, Gold, Dia, Homage, Lyric and Jubilation. But Ive been on the fence about Ciel for a while now. I do enjoy it (and I dont get the urea association thank god) but I cant seem to bring myself to buy a full bottle. I almost have at least three occassion but I have always chosen other scents instead. I think partly because I only get about 2-3 hours before I cant smell it on myself anymore and I usually get decent longevity. If a bargain came up I think I would get a bottle but I am in no hurry.
    2 - 3 hours.. Sounds like my skin ;-) I have the same problem with most fragrances. The exception is Jubilation XXV. 2 sprays last all day long!

Off-Scenter

The vaguely urinous, animalic note is a large part of Ciel's appeal for me. It not only adds a layer of complexity that distinguishes Ciel from the run of bright, fruity fougères, but also establishes an internal tension between cool/"clean" and warm/"dirty" character that enlivens the entire composition. (A similar phenomenon occurs in Kouros and Lauder for Men, but Ciel is a lighter and more buoyant scent, and its internal contrasts are more subtly drawn.)

Fantastic uplifting floral with a pronounced animalic note. Very complex. Contains fruity stuff too but somehow still seems resolutely masculine to me. Not at all similar to Dia in my opinion which is all about darkness and resin. Ciel is bright and vital. I love the stuff, but only in the flush of spring or burning summer.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I love Ciel Man as I can wear it everyday, Spring and Summer especially. I can wear Epic Man every day as well, more in the wetter times of year I guess. All the other Amouages - XXV, Dia, Lyric and even Silver cologne, I can't handle wearing everyday. Ciel Man is my goto floral. My next bottle may or may not be Refelection but I chose Ciel over that and no regrets.

Oslo, being the Amouage guy you seem to be, why not go for it?!

I love it, but find I only crave it at very specific times. Like Hirch, I find this to be a spring/summer, blue skies kind of scent. It seems to fare best when it's sunny but not swelteringly hot outside - a cool spring day with a nice breeze is the perfect time for Ciel. That's just not that often here, and so I think I can get by with just a handful of the official spray samples - I'd imagine 6ml of the stuff would last me for a couple years. I find the longevity on this scent to be excellent - it easily lasts 10+ hours. And I too do not find it at all like Dia, but instead think it shares quite a number of similarities with Amouage Silver - although Silver is more formal and a bit ostentatious whereas Ciel is more organic and light-hearted.

I find Reflection to be a more wearable floral as it has a bit more depth and a different texture than Ciel, which facilitates it being worn in more circumstances (I feel this way about Silver, too, although I like Ciel and Reflection a bit more than Silver, personally, as I feel they each have more unique personailities.)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 29th June 2010 at 06:52 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I love it, but find I only crave it at very specific times. Like Hirch, I find this to be a spring/summer, blue skies kind of scent. It seems to fare best when it's sunny but not swelteringly hot outside - a cool spring day with a nice breeze is the perfect time for Ciel. That's just not that often here, and so I think I can get by with just a handful of the official spray samples - I'd imagine 6ml of the stuff would last me for a couple years. I find the longevity on this scent to be excellent - it easily lasts 10+ hours. And I too do not find it at all like Dia, but instead think it shares quite a number of similarities with Amouage Silver - although Silver is more formal and a bit ostentatious whereas Ciel is more organic and light-hearted.

I find Reflection to be a more wearable floral as it has a bit more depth and a different texture than Ciel, which facilitates it being worn in more circumstances (I feel this way about Silver, too, although I like Ciel and Reflection a bit more than Silver, personally, as I feel they each have more unique personailities.)
    Agreed that both Ciel and Reflection are more unique fragrances, but Silver is far more classy/formal, gentleman-ish, and elegant. I like all of them, but have mixed feelings on Reflection. I get some Fleur du Male/Joop similarities. I guess the females will love the smell!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    This is the finest ozonic fragrance ever made. Floral but very wearable--even by macho men.
    After wearing Ciel several times for different occasions some weeks now, I am totaly agreed with you. Very unique stuff! I`m impressed of the good sillage and longevity on such a light and "airy" fragrance.