Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    Yes we live nearby Well it depends. Instead of buying samples of those expensive niche fragrances you could spend less on some nice perfume materials and have some fun But I guess I'm the creative type The long lasting stuff is a trick mostly by adding the right solvents, some fixative and/or aldehydes. Most vanilla materials are base notes anyways so they are long lasting by making. If you spray some on your clothes fragrance can last even longer and doesn't morph as much as on skin.
    It could be as simple as diluting some vanilla absolute in a bit of alcohol and spray it on It doesn't have to be a piece of art if it just smells good to/on you
    Nearby, nearby : it depends on the city you live in ! ^^
    I live in Walloonia.

You are for sure a creative type : you certainly put a lot of energy in your creations and you have to be very patient.
    I'm not very patient and have nearly no free-time (I'm always training for Ballet).
    But I confess I have more than once thought than it could be a solution !
    Last edited by MISS ANGELICA; 29th June 2010 at 04:36 PM.
    YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT ME
    TRY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO ME
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by John.G View Post
    Farmacia SS Annunziata Vanglia del Madagascar is well worth a try. Not a boozy vanilla, or a foody vanilla... just a straight vanilla vanilla.
    john, and thanks for answering.

I already came across a lot of straight-up vanilla that weren't sugary for all that.
    Farmacia SS Annunziata is maybe a well-made vanilla but I would rather focus my searchs on sugary-foody vanillas.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Default Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Another really gourmandy and vanillic scent is Britney spears Fantasy. Tried it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MISS ANGELICA View Post
    What about WVS intensity and lasting power ?
    All BBW perfumes I tried are very intense on me and have hours of lasting power. Almost too much for my taste as I like to change perfumes often.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Another really gourmandy and vanillic scent is Britney spears Fantasy. Tried it?
    I read a lot about this fragrance and I think I should be adoring it !
    It seems like it has a white chocolate note : I go absolutely crazy for white chocolate scent but I can't find perfumes that contain it !

I'm wondering if this fragrance is available here !

It may not be the straight-up, plain sugary-est vanilla I'm currently searching for, but it surely remains a wonderful choice for a yummy, sweet fragrance (the kind of fragrances I adore ! ^^ ).
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    All BBW perfumes I tried are very intense on me and have hours of lasting power. Almost too much for my taste as I like to change perfumes often.
    That's fantastic !!!

Thank you, warum.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

+1 on the Tihota and Farmasia

also look into Profumum Vanitas! It is INCREDIBLE! Although it's very expensive (100ml/$240), it has nucleur sillage and lasting power, so it will probably outlast you!

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    +1 on the Tihota and Farmasia

also look into Profumum Vanitas! It is INCREDIBLE! Although it's very expensive (100ml/$240), it has nucleur sillage and lasting power, so it will probably outlast you!
    scent (such an ideal name to talk about fragrances ! ^^ ), and thanks for your answer.

I read a lot about Profumum's creations but I don't think they could match what I'm searching for.
    In "Acqua e Zucchero", I'm afraid the orange flower and the red berries might overpower the vanilla.
    In "Confetto", I'm afraid the anice and the almond might lead the fragrance, causing trouble to the vanilla.
    In "Dulcis in Fundo", I'm afraid of the "orange cream-cicle" note because of the association of vanilla and citrus.
    In "Vanitas", I'm afraid the sandalwood might "weight" the fragrance and I'm also afraid the orange blossom might overpower the vanilla.

Undoubtedly they are good stuff and may be some good choices for soft and kinda gourmand fragrances but not for the straight-up, plain sugary-foody vanilla I'm questing for !
    Last edited by MISS ANGELICA; 29th June 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

scent (such an ideal name to talk about fragrances ! ^^ ), and thanks for your answer.

I read a lot about Profumum's creations but I don't think they could match what I'm searching for.
    In "Acqua e Zucchero", I'm afraid the orange flower and the red berries might overpower the vanilla.
    In "Confetto", I'm afraid the anice and the almond might lead the fragrance, causing trouble to the vanilla.
    In "Dulcis in Fundo", I'm afraid of the "orange cream-cicle" note because of the association of vanilla and citrus.
    In "Vanitas", I'm afraid the sandalwood might "weight" the fragrance and I'm also afraid the orange blossom might overpower the vanilla.

Undoubtedly they are good stuff and may be some good choices for soft and kinda gourmand fragrances but not for the straight-up, plain sugary-foody vanilla I'm questing for !
    scent is a great name for discussing...well..scent! LoL! I couldn't believe it wasn't taken when I first joined! I must welcome you to BN and I hope you have many fragrant journeys through it!

As for Vanitas, I find it very close to the Farmacia, but it's slightly more refined and smooth. It's a very well balanced vanilla fragrance, but it may not be what you're looking for.

Another suggestion (although not exactly what you're looking for) is Tihota's classier sister in drag lol -- Reve en Cuir. It's one of the best discoveries I've found while on BN. I think Chandler Burr described it beautifully as a "Hermes belt sprinkled with sugar and baked". It truly is unique and breathtaking. It really does smell like as if baked a leather handbag with sugar (as if I've tried this LOL). The vanilla in here is TO DIE FOR! The only downside is the price.

One more mainstream suggestion might be Flowerbomb Extreme. I like it a lot and in the Extreme version, the florals are toned waaay down and the sugary aspect is amplified tenfold. Addicting stuff that is!

I'll think of some more soon

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    scent is a great name for discussing...well..scent! LoL! I couldn't believe it wasn't taken when I first joined! I must welcome you to BN and I hope you have many fragrant journeys through it!

As for Vanitas, I find it very close to the Farmacia, but it's slightly more refined and smooth. It's a very well balanced vanilla fragrance, but it may not be what you're looking for.

Another suggestion (although not exactly what you're looking for) is Tihota's classier sister in drag lol -- Reve en Cuir. It's one of the best discoveries I've found while on BN. I think Chandler Burr described it beautifully as a "Hermes belt sprinkled with sugar and baked". It truly is unique and breathtaking. It really does smell like as if baked a leather handbag with sugar (as if I've tried this LOL). The vanilla in here is TO DIE FOR! The only downside is the price.

One more mainstream suggestion might be Flowerbomb Extreme. I like it a lot and in the Extreme version, the florals are toned waaay down and the sugary aspect is amplified tenfold. Addicting stuff that is!

I'll think of some more soon
    Thank you : you are scent-orable !

I'm writing down your suggestions about "FlowerBomb Extrême" and "Rêve en Cuir" (this one is from Indult, right ? ) in my yummy, gourmand test-list (I believe, as you said, that they are not good candidates for my sugary-est foodiest vanilla ! ^^ ).

You are kidding about tha fact of the leather handbag and the vanilla but, when I was a child, my beloved GrandMa (I miss her so much ) used to take several little boxes of sugared mint candies ("Tic-Tac", I don't know if you have it in the US) in her non-leather bag. I do swear I remember this specifical scent nowadays as well as then ! It was DELICIOUS ! I may some day post a thread about it !

I'm waiting for your further suggestions then ! ^^
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

I think Oriental Brulant is very food with a strong vanilla.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I was waiting for someone to tell you about Dulcis in fundo by Profumio. It's expensive, but oh so rich and cookie like with vanilla. Did someone mention that one on this thread? I missed it if they did. If you're in Italy, maybe you could go somewhere and spray it from a tester. Isn't this an Italian line? I bet you'd like it.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

Question Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I think Oriental Brulant is very food with a strong vanilla.
    primrose, and thanks for your answer.

I don't know this Guerlain but I read about it on the directory : it may be a good candidate.
    Would you define it as a straight-up vanilla or rather as an gourmand oriental ?

Thank you.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
    I was waiting for someone to tell you about Dulcis in fundo by Profumio. It's expensive, but oh so rich and cookie like with vanilla. Did someone mention that one on this thread? I missed it if they did. If you're in Italy, maybe you could go somewhere and spray it from a tester. Isn't this an Italian line? I bet you'd like it.
    eliza, thank you for answering.

Scent was precisely talking about Profumum and here is what I answered him (I'm copying and pasting my previous answer ) :
    " I read a lot about Profumum's creations but I don't think they could match what I'm searching for.

Undoubtedly they are good stuff and may be some good choices for soft and kinda gourmand fragrances but not for the straight-up, plain sugary-foody vanilla I'm questing for ! "

To answer your question, yes, this is an Italian brand but no, I don't live in Italy (I'm Italian but I live in Belgium ) ! ^^

As you seem to know the Profumum's creations, could you please tell me if the fears I explained here above are justified ?

Thanks.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

I've tried today Yves Rocher's Vanilla and Sephora's Vanilla. Both smell strongly of vanillin. The Sephora's is foodier with a caramel note but after 1 hr is all gone. Yves Rocher's sticks longer although the dry down is 1 of musk (Ethylene brasylate) and vanilla extract, a powdery vanilla sugar. For 8,50 euro a 100 ml bottle I would give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    I've tried today Yves Rocher's Vanilla and Sephora's Vanilla. Both smell strongly of vanillin. The Sephora's is foodier with a caramel note but after 1 hr is all gone. Yves Rocher's sticks longer although the dry down is 1 of musk (Ethylene brasylate) and vanilla extract, a powdery vanilla sugar. For 8,50 euro a 100 ml bottle I would give it a try.
    Thanks irina : you are so ... sweet !
    As soon as I can, I'm gonna enter in an YR shop to try it.

BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Why do you have Ayrton Senna`s helmet as your avatar?? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer View Post
    Why do you have Ayrton Senna`s helmet as your avatar?? Just curious.
    Because I have two passions in my life : Ballet and ... cars !

Since I was a child, I have always watched F1 races : I have been able to recognize pilots through their helmets since I was three !
    What about Ayrton, just as Michael (RIP Michael : we miss you ! ) Jackson was the king of the Pop, he was the king of F1. And he will be the king of F1 forever and ever : no one is NEVER gonna reach Ayrton's level !! We miss you, so talented and big-hearted Ayrton : RIP !
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Because I have two passions in my life : Ballet and ... cars !

Since I was a child, I have always watched F1 races : I have been able to recognize pilots through their helmets since I was three !
    What about Ayrton, just as Michael (RIP Michael : we miss you ! ) Jackson was the king of the Pop, he was the king of F1. And he will be the king of F1 forever and ever : no one is NEVER gonna reach Ayrton's level !! We miss you, so talented and big-hearted Ayrton : RIP !
    I see.

Well I am a huge f1 fan too and you are quite right; Ayrton was definitely one of a kind. I still remember as I cried on that sad Sunday in May 1994.

Welcome to Basenotes.

In response to the question about Montale's VA, no, it's not as foody as Tihota. Tihota is just in its own group, IMHO! It's sweet but not sickening. Foody but not girly. There's nothing really like it. I think I'm in love with Francis Kirkdjian for constructing this fragrance!! I would strongly recommend a sample from The Perfumed Court, and you can form your own opinion!
    Last edited by ronni; 30th June 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Unhappy Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer View Post
    I see.

Well I am a huge f1 fan too and you are quite right; Ayrton was definitely one of a kind. I still remember as I cried on that sad Sunday in May 1994.

Welcome to Basenotes.
    I was watching Imola F1 race on that so bad 1st May 1994 : I saw Ayrton killing himself live ! :-(
    When his death was confirmed, I just could not conceive it : I could not believe it !
    My mother was pregnant : my brother's name would have been "Ayrton" if Ayrton hadn't killed himself.
    Ayrton, you are and will ALWAYS remain THE Best !!!

Thanks for welcoming me, BTW.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by ronni View Post
    In response to the question about Montale's VA, no, it's not as foody as Tihota. Tihota is just in its own group, IMHO! It's sweet but not sickening. Foody but not girly. There's nothing really like it. I think I'm in love with Francis Kirkdjian for constructing this fragrance!! I would strongly recommend a sample from The Perfumed Court, and you can form your own opinion!
    Thanks for all these precisions, ronny !
    You say that "Tihota is just in its own group" : which one then ? Would you put it above all other sugary foody plan vanillas ?

Yes, I think I won't have other choices than buying samples from TPC if I wanna try some fragrances such as Tihota, BBW Warm Vanilla and others which are not available in Belgium (I would even say "not available in Europe").
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Thanks for all these precisions, ronny !
    You say that "Tihota is just in its own group" : which one then ? Would you put it above all other sugary foody plan vanillas ?

Yes, I think I won't have other choices than buying samples from TPC if I wanna try some fragrances such as Tihota, BBW Warm Vanilla and others which are not available in Belgium (I would even say "not available in Europe").
    I'm a newbie, so my nose is not very sophisticated, but there is something about Tihota that gives you the essence of vanilla, amplified and enhanced. It must be the musk, I don't know.

I like BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, but (like Yves Rocher Vanilla Bourbon) I find it very synthetic. Like a sweetener for your coffee that leaves an aftertaste. I did find that the body gel was great in the shower, however, and left my skin with a nice base for almost any of my vanilla fragrances.

And speaking of the Yves Rocher Vanilla, it has many fans on this site, as you can see. I think it must not react favorably on my skin, hence that synthetic, chemical-y, non-vanilla vibe I get from it. It's so inexpensive that it's worth a try!

Coty has some of the nicest and low priced vanilla scents...you could try Dark Vanilla,Vanilla Fields,Vanilla musk...the sweetest of all is Dark Vanilla

Good Luck !
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Tomorrow by Avon-I smell vanilla and caramel in it, some people say they smell chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    The foodiest I have found so far is Hermessence Ambre Narguile. It smells like apfel strudel with vanilla sauce. Not pure vanilla but certainly highly "edible". :-)

Good luck with your quest!
    That's the one I was trying to think of! Great minds.....

A lot of really good suggestions. Surely the Demeter line has something you'd like, if none here suit you. Shoot, at those prices, buy 2 and layer:

+

Blog Entries

Hi Miss Angelica

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Laura Mercier's Vanille Gourmande yet - so I will.
    Don't be put off by the alleged flower notes in it. Nor the amber or sandalwood. It's just straight, sweet vanilla pretty much like The Body Shop's Vanilla EdT (not the oil - that's different).
    If that is not quite sweet or foody enough for you, you can layer it with her Creme Brulee which will kick it up a notch on both "sweet" and "foody". My son loves the Creme Brulee. It smells exactly like it ... xD

Another (2?) to add to your test list perhaps?

Good Luck!
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Hi Miss Angelica

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Laura Mercier's Vanille Gourmande yet - so I will.
    Don't be put off by the alleged flower notes in it. Nor the amber or sandalwood. It's just straight, sweet vanilla pretty much like The Body Shop's Vanilla EdT (not the oil - that's different).
    If that is not quite sweet or foody enough for you, you can layer it with her Creme Brulee which will kick it up a notch on both "sweet" and "foody". My son loves the Creme Brulee. It smells exactly like it ... xD

Good Luck!
    If that's indeed the case, it would make sense for the OP to buy the cheap Body Shop version. Just goes to show what a rip-off a lot of perfumes on the market are...

Blog Entries

Agreed Nukapai

It's just handy to try layering the two Laura Merciers since they'll both be right there at hand rather than traipse to the Body Shop and back. LM's body creams are really foody too ... that chocolate one made me wince it's so full-on.

Of course she might be doing a mass sampling from TPC ... *dreams about 25 different samples at once* ... then there will be no traipsing at all!

I think I need to start buying lottery tickets ... *dreams more*
    Last edited by Kal; 3rd July 2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Spelling errorzzzzzzz
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

According to popular stereotype, immortalized in the classic American 60s sitcom "The Beverly Hillbillies," the time-honored fragrance tradition of the Appalachian people involves the application to pulse points of plain old vanilla extract.

So if the "foodiest vanilla" is what you seek, you need look no farther than your kitchen.

Why mess around with wannabes?
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Coty has some of the nicest and low priced vanilla scents...you could try Dark Vanilla,Vanilla Fields,Vanilla musk...the sweetest of all is Dark Vanilla

Good Luck !

sophi, and thanks for your answer.

I have been exploring quite a lot of Coty's vanilla creations on the Internet and I think "Dulce Vanilla" should suit best my expectations : do you know this fragrance ?

But you are making me curious about their "Dark Vanilla", as you are saying it is the sweetest one (but "sweetest" does not necessarely mean "sugariest" doesn't it ? ^^ ) !
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by ronni View Post
    I'm a newbie, so my nose is not very sophisticated, but there is something about Tihota that gives you the essence of vanilla, amplified and enhanced. It must be the musk, I don't know.

I like BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, but (like Yves Rocher Vanilla Bourbon) I find it very synthetic. Like a sweetener for your coffee that leaves an aftertaste. I did find that the body gel was great in the shower, however, and left my skin with a nice base for almost any of my vanilla fragrances.

And speaking of the Yves Rocher Vanilla, it has many fans on this site, as you can see. I think it must not react favorably on my skin, hence that synthetic, chemical-y, non-vanilla vibe I get from it. It's so inexpensive that it's worth a try!
    Thanks for the precision, ronni.
    Does the association vanilla+musk give a more sugary vanilla ? ::

As soon as I will ave tried YR vanilla, I will come and give you all my piece fo advice about it.

What about BBW Vanilla Warm Sugar, as BBW are unfortunately not available in Belgium, I will have to buy a sample of it on TPC. So the test of this one will take more time.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

sophi, and thanks for your answer.

I have been exploring quite a lot of Coty's vanilla creations on the Internet and I think "Dulce Vanilla" should suit best my expectations : do you know this fragrance ?

But you are making me curious about their "Dark Vanilla", as you are saying it is the sweetest one (but "sweetest" does not necessarely mean "sugariest" doesn't it ? ^^ ) !
    Dulce Vanilla i have only heard of it Dark Vanilla ,i own and yes! you are so right!It is a very "flowery " vanilla!
    I also own Vanilla musk which is a very warm musky scent and a friend of mine loves Vanilla fields...which is a yummy one!
    They all are very affordable and long lasting perfumes

Good Luck my dear
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    Tomorrow by Avon-I smell vanilla and caramel in it, some people say they smell chocolate.
    odioustoilet (strange name ! ), and thanks for answering.

I don't know Avon's perfumes.
    But the vanilla + caramel + chocolate association is already driving me crazy !

Please could you tell me more about Tomorrow !

It may not be the sugary-foody vanilla I'm currently looking for but it should for sure be a candidate for yummy scents !
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by derekp View Post
    That's the one I was trying to think of! Great minds.....

A lot of really good suggestions. Surely the Demeter line has something you'd like, if none here suit you. Shoot, at those prices, buy 2 and layer:

+
    derekp, and thanks for your answer.

Well, the only matter about Demeter's scents, which is a very big one, I would even say THE matter, is the really very poor longevity of their creations !

I want a very intense vanilla that has a really strong sillage : I don't want to have to spray it ten times a day (actually, I want it to be able to stay overnight applying it only once (in the morning) ).

Your two suggestions would be perfect-issime if only Demeter's scents had staying power.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Well, i own tomorrow by Avon ,too!
    It is a nice lasting scent...but vanilla i don't smell it so strong in it!!!Sorry, but i think the musk and amber notes are those which dominate most
    Last edited by sophi; 4th July 2010 at 07:24 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Hi Miss Angelica

Good Luck!
    kal, and thanks for your answer.

What about LM fragrances' longevity ?
    People's pieces of advice about her "yummy" line seem to be only average.

Yum, yum, crème brûlée !
    I think I would love to smell like this !

N.B. : TBS vanilla oil has been reformulated since several years. It's unfortunately no more the confectionary vanilla it used to be.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by cathodera View Post
    According to popular stereotype, immortalized in the classic American 60s sitcom "The Beverly Hillbillies," the time-honored fragrance tradition of the Appalachian people involves the application to pulse points of plain old vanilla extract.

So if the "foodiest vanilla" is what you seek, you need look no farther than your kitchen.

Why mess around with wannabes?
    cathodera, thanks for your answer.

Well, I have to admit that, if I really want to smell like what please me best in the kitchen, I would have to take a vanilla sugar bath !
    Which is gonna be quite difficult !

And yes, I a seeking the foodiest-yummiest-sugariest ^^ vanilla, but I don't seriously picture myself putting on kitchen vanilla extract : I am afraid about the longevity and the sillage and about the fact that it can stain the skin and clothes.
    And, again, I believe I would rather put on vanilla sugar than vanilla extract. ^^
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Dulce Vanilla i have only heard of it Dark Vanilla ,i own and yes! you are so right!It is a very "flowery " vanilla!
    I also own Vanilla musk which is a very warm musky scent and a friend of mine loves Vanilla fields...which is a yummy one!
    They all are very affordable and long lasting perfumes

Good Luck my dear
    Kalhméra !
    I saw on your avatar that you are Greek : I have studied Greek for three years !
    <3 <3 <3

As Dark Vanilla is a flowery one, it is not a good candidate for what I am in search for.

I am afraid Vanilla Musk to be soft but not sugary or foody, due to its musky side.

Could you please tell me more about Vanilla Fields ?
    Have you ever smelled Dulce Vanilla ?
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Wink Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Well, i own tomorrow by Avon ,too!
    It is a nice lasting scent...but vanilla i don't smell it so strong in it!!!Sorry, but i think the musk and amber notes are those which dominate most
    Eucharistw' già thv apàvthsh !

It's the matter wiht most of the vanilla oriental vanillas : the musk and/or the amber is/are finally what remains of the fragrance.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Yeia sou!Parakalo !Hero poli !
    Dulce Vanilla i have only heard

Vanilla fields is a yummy one includes coconut and peach notes ,very alike to casmir by chopard ...i think you would like!
    Have you tried Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri?
    Loukhoum is a ultra feminine composition inspired by the Turkish delight with rose, almond and honey, rahat loukhoum.
    I have tried and is a very sweet gourmand rose-honey-vanilla scent...i believe you should consider this one on your list ,too!
    Last edited by sophi; 4th July 2010 at 08:19 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Yeia sou!Parakalo !Hero poli !
    Dulce Vanilla i have only heard

Vanilla fields is a yummy one includes coconut and peach notes ,very alike to casmir by chopard ...i think you would like!
    Have you tried Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri?
    Loukhoum is a ultra feminine composition inspired by the Turkish delight with rose, almond and honey, rahat loukhoum.
    I have tried and is a very sweet gourmand rose-honey-vanilla scent...i believe you should consider this one on your list ,too!
    Kalhspèra apò to Bèlgio !
    Kai eucharistw' ! ^^

I like Casmir very much : such a gorgeous Oriental fragrance !
    Vanilla Fields may be a candidate for a yummy scent, but not for the straight-up vanila I'm searching for.

Like I answered several posts before yours,in the "oriental pastry' category, I tried SL Rahät Loukoum and ontale's Sweet Oriental Dreams.
    RL is way too light : I had to literally aspire my wrist to smell someting. And it's not as sweet as it seems to be. It is soft but not sweet. And nearly transparent. I could not smell the cherry note and the vanilla was sooooo weak ! No sillage and no lasting power.... This one has been such a disappointment to me.
    SOD is too floral : the rose note overpowers all the sweet notes. Again, even if less than RL because of the nearly cloying rose note, it is soft but not sweet. And, again, the sillage and the lasting power are not impressive.
    (Yes, this si a copy-past ! ).

P.s. : What did you hear about Dulce Vanilla ?
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Dulce vanilla :amber, coconut, raspberry and caramel.I think that caramel is the one that stands out in this!This is a fruity gourmand!
    I think that you should try more fruity gourmands in order to find the one yummy vanilla you have been searching
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I prefer L'Occitane's Eav Des Bavx & TF' Tobacco Vanille for myself...

...but on females i rate very high in the "smells like vanilla/mace/almond baked goods" is believe it or not Kiehl's Forest Rain. Another foody vanillic scent I LOVE, and it's quite common(good thing), is Ralph Lauren's HOT. I also think SDV, L'Artisan's Havana Vanille, and of course the deliciously edible Black Orchid are all great but far too femme for me, yet perfect on almost any woman. Arabie is another sweet foody scent I think would be incredible on the right woman, but I know, not vanilla sugar cookie.

As far as a vanilla cookie scent.......Tobacco Vanille has a distinct "nilla wafer" vibe, but it might be just a little less "girly" than the sugary scent you crave.

Dulce vanilla :amber, coconut, raspberry and caramel.I think that caramel is the one that stands out in this!This is a fruity gourmand!
    I think that you should try more fruity gourmands in order to find the one yummy vanilla you have been searching
    Geià sou !
    Suggvw'mh già thv avabolh' : cheirìzomai polù me tov chorò.

Yum yum : caramel !
    I can't find this fragrance in Belgium though !

Maybe searching in the fruity-gourmand category to find this sugariest-foodiest vanilla would be a great option, but I don't want it to be fruity. I like fruity notes but don't wanna hear (or rather "smell" ) about them in the vanilla I'm searching for.
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I prefer L'Occitane's Eav Des Bavx & TF' Tobacco Vanille for myself...

...but on females i rate very high in the "smells like vanilla/mace/almond baked goods" is believe it or not Kiehl's Forest Rain. Another foody vanillic scent I LOVE, and it's quite common(good thing), is Ralph Lauren's HOT. I also think SDV, L'Artisan's Havana Vanille, and of course the deliciously edible Black Orchid are all great but far too femme for me, yet perfect on almost any woman. Arabie is another sweet foody scent I think would be incredible on the right woman, but I know, not vanilla sugar cookie.

As far as a vanilla cookie scent.......Tobacco Vanille has a distinct "nilla wafer" vibe, but it might be just a little less "girly" than the sugary scent you crave.
    Hello dullah, and thanks for your answer.

I don't know any Kiehl's creation : this brand is not available in Belgium.
    But it sounds quite surprising that a fragrance called "Forest Rain" smells like a confectionary vanilla !

I don't know RL's "Hot" but I'm gonna try it next time I go to the mall, even if I'm afraid it may not be a "straight-up" vanilla.

I know SDV : excellentissime vanilla, very gorgeous. I love it ! ^^

I don't think L'AP's HV is what I'm searching for but I'm gonna give it a try if I find it though. The same for SL's Arabie.

I heard about Black Orchid but, only reading its name, I guess it's not something for me and my sugary desires ! ^^

Could you please tell me what is a "nilla wafer" : I have never heard about it before !
    BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

Exclamation Re: The sweetest, yummiest, foodiest vanilla ?

Hello everybody !

Sorry to have been a little bit absent but I'm very busy with my Ballet lessons right now.

But, in my running ^^ , I took advantage of a 5-minutes shopping to the mall to try Yves Rocher's vanilla.
    Well, even if the first notes are not too bad and quite sugary, it dries down to a musky vanilla, kinda "Nivea cream" smell. All the sugar of te ead notes seems to vanish in the haze !
    Verdict : this one doesn't please my toothache !

BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP ME
    I HOLD MY HEAD HIGH.

MISS ANGELICA did you find your Vanilla?
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Blog Entries

Tihota has my vote as well.

I think you would enjoy the vanilla cupcake accord in Britney Spears Fantasy. I enjoy wearing it on cozy evenings at home. Also the BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar would be right up your alley - toasty sugar and vanilla.

I also thought you might check out Possets Perfumes. I know they are based in USA, so you may have to order samples or just get a bottle since they are inexpensive. I think Simulated Cupid is probably the best match, though you would probably enjoy Giddy (chocolate is also in the mix with the sugar & vanilla) or The Girls Love Vanilla! (Vanilla & honey). I haven't tried these three but they do a lot of gourmand and I've tried some of the others.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk