Code of Conduct

Default New atomizer design for Shalimar this autumn

Guerlain threads are rare these days, so I'll put one in

Just been to Nice and Corsica where I met three different perfumery sales assistants who independently told me that Guerlain has very recently showed them the autumn catalogue, and that the atomizer for Shalimar has undergone a redesign. According to these sales assistants, Guerlain openly admits that the current smooth Shalimar atomizer is not a beauty and doesn't do justice to the historic design. They had seen pictures of the new bottle but had none to show, but they described the new design as somehow both very simple and very elaborate and very much in the spirit of the original extrait bottle. The last one I spoke with even said that this new atomizer will have a foot like the extrait bottle.

It should appear this autumn.

Default Re: New atomizer design for Shalimar this autumn

Thank you Guerlain. That horrible Bat bottle needs to be replaced pronto.

Thank you

So does this now mean they have tinkered with Shalimar yet again?
    They dumped down on ingredients when batty arrived and refused to admit Shalimar was not the same even when customers said so.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Let's pray they're not cheapening it further...

I don't think there's a general and logical pattern between reformulation and redesign chez Guerlain Just wish I could've seen a picture of this new bottle. They all described it as nothing short of fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    They dumped down on ingredients when batty arrived and refused to admit Shalimar was not the same even when customers said so.

Cool! Can't wait to see it!

I must rescue my Shalimar bottles; they've been on loan for a few weeks and all this talk about Shalimar makes me want to wear it.

Basenotes Institution

Thank the Perfume Gods for a re design - that horrid Shalimar bottle must go ! Hurray !
    I hope that IF they do tinker with Shalimar again, they'll perhaps make it closer to the original . I like the new juice but the old is also very lovely.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 29th June 2010 at 04:03 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

I happen to like the current bottle. Nonetheless, what's important to me has always been the juice inside.

Edit from PR madam chez Guerlain: It will only be the EdP that will have the new bottle. It will be in 30, 50 and 90 ml and will be placed in a special box / shrine. It will appear the 23rd of August 2010.

At least it should look like an *artful* fragrance flacon! The bat bottle is nice compared to the new "boxy" wood bottles.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Good move for Guerlain to dump the ugly and cheap bat bottles. The bottles were so cheap that flow marks were easily seen in the bottle. Someone at Guerlain either listened to clients or knows that an upgraded appearance in the bottle affects greater sales. In any event it is a good thing and Mr. G, thanks for the information.

So now that they have successfully ruined the juice, they are focusing on visual appeal to keep the sales going. I don't care how jaw dropping gorgeous the new bottle may be, I'm not buying unless the old formula (pre 2000 at least) comes back on the shelves.

I didn't know Shalimar had been reformulated ca. 2000. What a shame. I'll bet they took out much of the civet-induced Guerlain skank. What's your take, Mr. G.?

Here's some info on the new bottle I found from doing a google search.

MADE BY JADE: Guerlain has signed Jade Jagger to update its 85-year-old Shalimar bottle. “Guerlain has a history of signing talented artists for projects, and Jade’s jewelry designs have a wide following,” said Linda Maiocco, senior vice president of marketing and public relations for Guerlain in the U.S. “It also didn’t hurt that Jade’s mother, Bianca, is a fan of Mitsouko [another Guerlain fragrance].” The new bottle, out in September, features a pedestal base, a fan-shaped bottle with clean lines and a smoky gray-blue cap. Jagger chose to finish the bottle with a deep-navy leather tie on its neck.

Thanks for that info! Wow sounds collectible, however the juice inside smells

Quote Originally Posted by oluca View Post
    Here's some info on the new bottle I found from doing a google search.

MADE BY JADE: Guerlain has signed Jade Jagger to update its 85-year-old Shalimar bottle. “Guerlain has a history of signing talented artists for projects, and Jade’s jewelry designs have a wide following,” said Linda Maiocco, senior vice president of marketing and public relations for Guerlain in the U.S. “It also didn’t hurt that Jade’s mother, Bianca, is a fan of Mitsouko [another Guerlain fragrance].” The new bottle, out in September, features a pedestal base, a fan-shaped bottle with clean lines and a smoky gray-blue cap. Jagger chose to finish the bottle with a deep-navy leather tie on its neck.

PS: After I googled Jade Jagger, I saw that all sites claim that it's the old Parfum bottle design that will be changed, making people rather sceptic. The info I have from PR manager Isabelle Rousseau in Paris is that it's only the EdP bottle that will be changed.

Basenotes Institution

So .Mr. G - they are NOT going to alter the extrait bottle at all ? Thank God ! I certainly hope not ! The EDP bottle does need a more flattering silhouette so I am all for it but NOT the extrait bottle.
    Jade Jagger is actually a very good designer - her jewelry designs are usually a bit different ( my fave- ( wings designed for Garrard ) and unique so I am sure she'll do a good job.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 4th July 2010 at 05:50 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Mr. G; That's good since EDP is the strength that I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    PS: After I googled Jade Jagger, I saw that all sites claim that it's the old Parfum bottle design that will be changed, making people rather sceptic. The info I have from PR manager Isabelle Rousseau in Paris is that it's only the EdP bottle that will be changed.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th July 2010 at 08:33 PM.