Code of Conduct

Default Do you pride yourself for smelling good?

In my whole circle of friends (including the ladies) I am the most self concious when it come sto smelling fresh/good on a daily basis. My friends joke around with me being quite feminine when it comes to smelling good, as I have different types of fragrances for the moods I'm feeling, weather it is, and what occasion I'm going to. I guess no one really understands why I have a near obsession with smelling good. Plus my day really feels better when a random person tells me how nice I smell, or where he/she can get this perfume.

Default Re: Do you pride yourself for smelling good?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirona View Post
    In my whole circle of friends (including the ladies) I am the most self concious when it come sto smelling fresh/good on a daily basis. My friends joke around with me being quite feminine when it comes to smelling good, as I have different types of fragrances for the moods I'm feeling, weather it is, and what occasion I'm going to. I guess no one really understands why I have a near obsession with smelling good. Plus my day really feels better when a random person tells me how nice I smell, or where he/she can get this perfume.
    Do you tell them? I like to pride myself in smelling unique.
    Last edited by George P; 29th June 2010 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George P View Post
    Do you tell them? I like to pride myself in smelling unique.
    Yes i tell them, but I guess it's weird for them if a guy really likes smelling different/good. Hey don't you just love it when you walk into a fully elevator and your smell just enlightens everyones bad mood?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirona View Post
    Yes i tell them, but I guess it's weird for them if a guy really likes smelling different/good. Hey don't you just love it when you walk into a fully elevator and your smell just enlightens everyones bad mood?
    It hasn't happened yet, but it sounds good, especially if it goes like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Yrhv33Zb8

In the elevators at my workplace bad moods are so prevalent that I can only find solace in the idea that my colleagues envy me.

Whenever I wear Creed Windsor and some jealous pr**k asks me "what are you wearing?", I find delight in telling him: oh, this is just some made-in-China deodorant from the One Dollar store.

Now, I doubt that makes his day, but I can live with it.

I love China! I've been living here for over 5 years now! It's just quite difficult to understand their hygiene! I don't know any Bnoters here. Fortunately I have friends who are very supportive and enjoy using frags. I kind of influenced them with perfumes. Everytime they need to buy a new frag, they always ask me for advise. =) We are the ones trying to keep the city (Shanghai) smelling good! hahahahaha. It's not that Shanghai smells bad, but it could be better. Any bnoters in Shanghai out there?!?!?? Other than me? =)

"Pride" I'm not sure is the word, "thoughtfulness, care, and courtesy" are my motives and actions.

It starts with diet; unfortunately I smell like what I eat. Thus, I choose food and drink that are both tasty yet not offensive to my own senses. No meat, little or no dairy, no alcohol etc. etc. I have occasionally taken chlorophyll supplements as an experiment.

Good hygiene is the next step. Careful consideration is taken with the choice of any scented soap or other personal hygiene product as I do not wish it to negatively interfere with the fragrance selection.

Finally, the appropriate fragrance is applied for the conditions. As one basenoter wrote, there is an art to it. One must consider many factors: indoor/outdoor climate/weather, time to reach destination with others, purpose, method of travel, distances from other people, clothing, mood, etc.

Pride? I rather like the Japanese words do or jutsu. It's a lifestyle and a method.
    Last edited by Sensual; 30th June 2010 at 03:47 AM.

I must start eating Taif Rose Salad.

Unfortunately I still like Eau du Steak.

(-:
    Last edited by Addict; 29th June 2010 at 02:24 AM.

i enjoy smelling nice and therefore i put something on. Also, its also gives a little boost in your game considering most guys around you will not smell like much or wear colognes in general. Also, i enjoy putting on stuff that gives a bit more class and what not or according to how i'm dressed or the day to day basis. In a way its a bit fun too, kinda like dress up lol

I sure do.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Proud because of smelling good? I am rather sort of indifferent about it.

Femenine? Well, IMHO, not at all as long as you don't suffocate others in your love for perfumes.
    Last edited by Pollux; 29th June 2010 at 03:33 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Absolutely, unequivocally - YES.

Yes.

Sur la Plage

Yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I appreciate myself, period.

I sure as hell don't want to smell bad.
    Last edited by pluran; 29th June 2010 at 12:10 PM.

Yup.

Yes from me too.

I always tell people that I might be bald, fat, ugly and past my sell by date, but at least I always smell great!

whenever i wear Noir Patchouli or Intrigrant Patchouli.... i have this evil grin on my face like Austin powers....grooovy

Not as much a feeling of pride, as much as a sensation of normality (i.e. I only feel true to myself if I smell good)

Actually, not really, most of the time.

Whether others are a) aware of my scent and b) whether they like it, are topics that rarely cross my mind.

I enjoy them, and I hope others do, too, but their approval is not usually correlated with my satisfaction.

If I am proud of anything, it is in my ability/willingness to appreciate scent in a way that most others do not.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yes. Plus it's one area that I feel that I have a lot of control over. I may go bald, I may get fat, I may get sick, but as long as I have just a little cash, I can smell good. Take a bath, use deodorant, use a little cologne, keep good dental/breath hygeine, and you WILL appeal to at least one of the senses.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Hygiene comes first, like a foundation. Besides smell is subjective. What smells good to you doesn't necessarily smell good to others. Food for thought perhaps?

I won't use the word pride.....But yes I am known by many as a man that smells good and wants to smell good.....Most of my friends are like this also.....Male and Female.....I don't know why anyone would want to smell bad!!!
    Gary