Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Hi all

Wardrobes are finally going to get a facelift and include:

Stage 1:

Ability to set SOTD (already done)
    Ability to delete fragrances (yay)
    Ability to add tags to fragrances (so you can categorise them your own way)
    Ability to rate longevity.
    Ability to add personal notes about a fragrance

Stage 2:

Ability to add details of how many bottles of each you own
    Set whether it's a full bottle, sample, decant (and add sizes)
    Note where you purchased it etc

Please add more suggestions below, and we'll take them into account

Cheers

Default Re: The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Thanks Grant ! Great Work !This is exactly what I was thinking would be nice but had never asked for!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Sounds great!

Basenotes Institution

The new features sound great,Grant. A real update.

Suggestion : Would it be possible for basenoters to help add missing fragrances ,not in the directory ? It would help keep the directory current ,lighten your workload abit and could be an added perk for BN Plus members ?
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 29th June 2010 at 05:34 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Suggestion: fragrance wear history. For example, I choose a particular fragrance in my wardrobe and i'm shown every time i've used it in the past provided i'm using the SOTD tool.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

This all sounds great! It would be nice to have the possibility to personalize the fonts & colors in the wardrobe.

Oh ho! The ability to list whether something is a bottle or a sample or whatnot would be fantastic.

I'd also love some spiffy way to list fragrances not in the directory, because that big blue box at the top of my wardrobe offends my OCD. Ideally would be able to give star ratings and make a comment about each.

You might look into the names of the tabs, and their lumping into each other.

I don't like the "tried" tab because as a noob, it wasn't obvious to me that Tried = The ones you actually wanted in that category + all the ones in My Collection + Owned which you didn't. It's redundant. No category should "automatically" belong to another.

Also, it took me a while to realize that clicking "You Own This" is equivalent to "My Collection".

Still, let me point out that we all appreciate your massive efforts in running all of this madness, and are eternally grateful for them!

Glad to hear that repair and refinement of the wardrobe feature is underway. Here are a few suggestions (some echoing ideas mentioned above).

1. In my opinion, the best category names are:
    a. My Collection [the ones I currently own]
    b. Used to Own [the ones I previously owned but no longer have]
    c. Tested [the ones I've sniffed enough to form an opinion about, but have never owned]
    d. To Test [the ones I have never sniffed but plan to]
    e. Wish List [the ones I have never owned but want to]

2. It would be nice to be able to list a fragrance as usual in my wardrobe even if it is missing from the Directory. Or it would be nice to be able to add missing fragrances to the Directory. Crowdsourcing the task of adding new items to a database can work well; see for instance http://rateyourmusic.com/ and http://www.discogs.com/.

3. A function that would randomly pick a fragrance from My Collection would keep me amused.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Basenotes Plus

How fun! As always, thank you Grant for all your efforts and hard work.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sounds great!

I would love to have "X Basenotes members have this in their wardrobe" -kind of thing. So an extra column somewhere with a number indicating how many wardrobes it belongs to.

This sounds great, Grant! I agree with others who would like to be able to add to the directory. Perhaps it could be a two-step process, with members adding the information and submitting it to you for a quick approval for addition to the database?

Knowing who has what was always a great feature to facilitate swaps and purchases. Does the large increase in membership prohibit this now?

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Knowing who has what was always a great feature to facilitate swaps and purchases. Does the large increase in membership prohibit this now?
    Once the wardrobe system is rewritten it will be less server intensive to do this kind of thing. Expect a return of this feature (as well as recommendations based on your drobes)

Blog Entries

Woo Hoo!

(no suggestions beyond what you're working on, just wanted to show my support...)
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

These sound like great ideas! I would like to be able to add items to my wardrobe multiple times so that I could specify different concentrations (EdT, EdP, etc) or different vintages of the same basic scent.

Some ideas:

adding both sillage as well as longevity to the rating scale

I'd REALLY love to be able to click on a frag and see who else has it on their wishlist or own list. Why? would make doing group buys/splits much easier to organize, also if I'm looking to sell something I can see who's looking for it. Or if I want to sample something, I can see who's got it in their wardrobe. So maybe some button that says "who else has this here" (own, test, etc) and then get a member list that I can sort to find the regular posters or something.

If you add those features like decant/bottle size, I'd like to be able to sort with that instead of just alphabetical. So let's say I'm doing a swap with someone, I can go to their wardrobe, sort by decant/bottle size and then I know which ones to request.

Maybe there could be a tab of "for sale or trade", so at any given time someone can look in my wardrobe and see what I'm selling, then click and it'll go to my sales thread, or instead of a whole sales thread, the person can see I'm looking to sell and just PM me for details.

+1 to the ability to add concentration levels as well as vintage/year versions.

Directory:
    like that amazon feature "people who bought/own this also liked/bought that"... this could be a feature in the directory. So when I look something up, I can have a tab to choose other scents I think are similar/related. So

In the directory, I can't really figure out the value of that box about "other fragrances made the same year"...?? is there any point? I'd much rather have the above "related frags" tool.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 2nd July 2010 at 03:40 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Some ideas:

adding both sillage as well as longevity to the rating scale
    Will add sillage - any other ways of rating anyone would like?

I'd REALLY love to be able to click on a frag and see who else has it on their wishlist or own list. Why? would make doing group buys/splits much easier to organize, also if I'm looking to sell something I can see who's looking for it. Or if I want to sample something, I can see who's got it in their wardrobe. So maybe some button that says "who else has this here" (own, test, etc) and then get a member list that I can sort to find the regular posters or something.
    This was a feature we used to have, and will return/

If you add those features like decant/bottle size, I'd like to be able to sort with that instead of just alphabetical. So let's say I'm doing a swap with someone, I can go to their wardrobe, sort by decant/bottle size and then I know which ones to request.

Maybe there could be a tab of "for sale or trade", so at any given time someone can look in my wardrobe and see what I'm selling, then click and it'll go to my sales thread, or instead of a whole sales thread, the person can see I'm looking to sell and just PM me for details.
    Yep, on the list

+1 to the ability to add concentration levels as well as vintage/year versions.

Directory:
    like that amazon feature "people who bought/own this also liked/bought that"... this could be a feature in the directory. So when I look something up, I can have a tab to choose other scents I think are similar/related. So

In the directory, I can't really figure out the value of that box about "other fragrances made the same year"...?? is there any point? I'd much rather have the above "related frags" tool.
    We'll be adding the recommendations feature again (we used to have it, but it would just suggest Creed in most cases )

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    You might look into the names of the tabs, and their lumping into each other.

I don't like the "tried" tab because as a noob, it wasn't obvious to me that Tried = The ones you actually wanted in that category + all the ones in My Collection + Owned which you didn't. It's redundant. No category should "automatically" belong to another.

Also, it took me a while to realize that clicking "You Own This" is equivalent to "My Collection".

Still, let me point out that we all appreciate your massive efforts in running all of this madness, and are eternally grateful for them!
    I have to agree just because I own it doesn't automatically mean I have tried it .I could have bought a large group for ones that I knew I loved/wanted and the other ones are basiclly just a bonus .(I have done this repeatedly sometimes ending up with some unlabeled what-is-it bottles)

Going to fix the 'tried' problem.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'm not very well and can't keep still for long, but I did want to say the ability to ADD fragrances to the directory, maybe pending approval?

Blog Entries

Hooray, Grant! This sounds like a ton of work. Thanks SO MUCH!

I do have a question about the "who else owns this" feature. Does that mean if my wardrobe is public, I can expect PMs from anyone at anytime time asking for samples? I like having my wardrobe available as sometimes I'll see that someone is interested in something, and I'll shoot them a PM asking, "Would you like a sample of (X)? Also, please have a look at my wardrobe and let me know about anything else you'd like to try." But I'm less keen on receiving unsolicited PMs from peeps I may or may not know wanting to try this and that. I expect those who have wardrobes with many high-end and/or discontinued fragrances (not me!) would find this a real nuisance. I'm also going to be pretty busy in the coming months and might not have time for much swappage, and I'd hate having to decline out-of-the-blue requests (I dislike not being able to accommodate people, even when I'm spread thin with other obligations).

So, anyway, I'm curious how that will work.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post

I do have a question about the "who else owns this" feature. Does that mean if my wardrobe is public, I can expect PMs from anyone at anytime time asking for samples? I like having my wardrobe available as sometimes I'll see that someone is interested in something, and I'll shoot them a PM asking, "Would you like a sample of (X)? Also, please have a look at my wardrobe and let me know about anything else you'd like to try." But I'm less keen on receiving unsolicited PMs from peeps I may or may not know wanting to try this and that. I expect those who have wardrobes with many high-end and/or discontinued fragrances (not me!) would find this a real nuisance. I'm also going to be pretty busy in the coming months and might not have time for much swappage, and I'd hate having to decline out-of-the-blue requests (I dislike not being able to accommodate people, even when I'm spread thin with other obligations).

As well as the current 'make wardrobe private' option, we could also have 'exclude wardrobe from who-owns-what lists'

The ability to download it to a word doc would be wonderful! Or any way of downloading it again!

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    The ability to download it to a word doc would be wonderful! Or any way of downloading it again!
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'll put that back in too.

Talking Re: The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Grant, if you keep saying "yes" to all of these things people are asking for, I may end up cracking one off to this thread before we reach Stage 3.

One thing which just occurred to me is that it might be handy to be able to specify whether the bottle you've got is vintage or not. As an example of how this might be used, I've got C&S 88 present formulation and also vintage. If I was able to list both separately in my wardrobe, then I could give them separate ratings - I'd rate the vintage 5 stars and the present formulation 4. It would also make browsing people's wardrobes more informative.

How about being able to add pics to those frags that dont have one listed? There are alot on here with no face. Also the ability to add a fragrance that has not been added to the site? Is there a way you can possibly add instant messaging to the site? Where people can see others who are online & send them a message instead of waiting to hear a reply? I think that would come in handy. We could have a on/off switch that would tell when a user is online & a invisible one for those who dont want to be bothered by everyone but those they choose. Thanks for considering.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Going to fix the 'tried' problem.
    Thanks Grant ! I appreciate your hard work !

Sounds like some really fantastic and useful changes are in the works. Thanks for the hard work Grant!

oh, had another idea. So there's always a stack of reviews in the directory, and I believe they're sorted by submission date. What about the ability to click thumbs up/down on a review, so the "X# of users found this review helpful" go to the top. Ie, I don't have to read 50 reviews and realize half of them aren't really all that useful, I can just read the best few.

I guess this is also more Directory related then wardrobe, but I mentioned this idea a while back in another thread. Basically I think it's Scentiments? one of the e-tailers, where they have various categories as part of teh rating, like Summer/winter, day/night, intimate/social, young/old, etc. So instead of just writing my text review, I can also check off those categories and things like sillage+longevity. So when I am then reading a review about something, I can see a summary from everyone of like X# of people said this was a winter frag, and X# rated it 4.3 stars out of 5 on sillage, etc...

HeartWood - I don't think there'll be a tidlewave of PM's to do swaps. I'd imagine that when I'm looking something up in the directory and think "hey, I'd like to sample this, I wonder who's got some" and click on the "who owns this" tab, there'll probably be so many people that any PM's I send out will get spread amongst a bunch of people at random. Just an idea anyway.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 5th July 2010 at 03:22 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Glad to hear that repair and refinement of the wardrobe feature is underway. Here are a few suggestions (some echoing ideas mentioned above).

c. Tested [the ones I've sniffed enough to form an opinion about, but have never owned]
    2. It would be nice to be able to list a fragrance as usual in my wardrobe even if it is missing from the Directory. Or it would be nice to be able to add missing fragrances to the Directory. Crowdsourcing the task of adding new items to a database can work well; see for instance http://rateyourmusic.com/ and http://www.discogs.com/.

3. A function that would randomly pick a fragrance from My Collection would keep me amused.
    These all seem like good ideas to me as well.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    These sound like great ideas! I would like to be able to add items to my wardrobe multiple times so that I could specify different concentrations (EdT, EdP, etc) or different vintages of the same basic scent.
    Thanks for your hard work Grant.

+1 on the above suggestion of different concentrations. I would love to have this option.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hillaire

Question tfksbvjq

PJnsLV <a href="http://vgqkzfeqctde.com/">vgqkzfeqctde</a>, xgbbadcpbuuk, [link=http://pukfqdgyzvjq.com/]pukfqdgyzvjq[/link], http://ejymnqyanqwy.com/
    Last edited by Unregistered; 14th April 2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: ApBSEFsOVK

Blog Entries

I would love to have a sample bag category, separate both from wardrobe (full bottles, decantable) and "for test" (would love to smell). I second Hillaire's idea of "for swap" category.

Thanks a lot for all your work!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post

+1 to this and a little giggle at #3 ...

I haven't gone over the entire thread so it might have been mentioned... I'm presuming the "Market" column is for sales/swap items? If not, I'd like to see that added, if it is, expanded, so one could just tick "For Swap" and/or "For Sale" but that's because I'm lazy about updating my sales/swap posts.

I like the ideas about adding to the details a vintage/new choice, or maybe a text box where you can specify just WHICH vintage.

I also like the idea of adding to the stars rating stars for longevity and stars for sillage.

Great job as the wardrobe is functional now, but will be wonderful when it's upgraded!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

1) It would be nice to be able to choose the order default in how a wardrobe is displayed. Personally, I prefer the perfumes listed by house and not alphabetically.

2) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/216...-the-wardrobe?

Count me in as a huge fan of distinguishing the same fragrance of different forumulation. Example, is it vintage Ungaro III or the newer one ? Or Antaeus...etc. I feel it makes a noteable difference and prevents some confusion.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Can you bring back the little symbol, or anything really, to let us know that a fragrance is in our drobe when we do a directory search? I have so many I get confused!

Previously, when we did a search in the directory, say for Guerlain, the fragrances in our drobes had a wee coloured dot next to them. I don't know if this is a time consuming addition but I for one would really welcome it's return if possible!

Cheers Notesy! ><

Oh, one last thing (hopefully says Notesy!) can we have back the "pending" section? I find this really useful for keeping track of swaps and purchases that have yet to arrive!
    Last edited by CoL; 10th July 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    1) It would be nice to be able to choose the order default in how a wardrobe is displayed. Personally, I prefer the perfumes listed by house and not alphabetically.

2) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/216...-the-wardrobe?

Me too!
    You can already arrange fragrances by house by clicking on the house icon at the top of the wardrobe. I agree that custom arrangement of wardrobes would be nice, too.
    Last edited by Dennard; 10th July 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Oh yes I know, I mean't as default as I have so many fragrances it takes ages to reload the page! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    You can already arrange fragrances by house by clicking on the house icon at the top of the wardrobe. I agree that custom arrangement of wardrobes would be nice, too.

Oh yes I know, I mean't as default as I have so many fragrances it takes ages to reload the page! lol
    Sorry. I had the suspicion I was telling you something you already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    Sorry. I had the suspicion I was telling you something you already knew.
    Oh no need to be sorry! I just didn't explain myself properly in the first place! Everytime I view my drobe I have to click the "arrange by house" button. Basically I would like it to "remember" my choice!

Oh, Grant, the "arrange by gender" button does'nt seem to work for me :\

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post

Grant, I too would like to join the chorus of those offering thanks. This is great work you are doing, and providing great pleasure to all of us.

Heartwood makes a good point in this post. While we all want to be gracious and helpful, sometimes it's either not possible or inconvenient - but saying "no" to an unsolicited request may come off as selfish and unfriendly. Is it possible to have a space for each frag in one's wardrobe that would list whether it would be up for sale or swap OR available to send a sample or not. That may address this issue - or may be too much work for you!

Thanks again!!

Sounds great! I'd love to see all that utilized soon!

Thanks Grant, I never know whether I should put something in my wardrobe if I just have a decant/ sample or stick to FBs. I know this is an insane worry as I doubt anyone else ever looks at it, but I don't want it to look like I'm "showing off" by including samples too! I tend to put samples in the "Tried" section at the moment.

Edit (just to show the degree of madness involved): I currently put minis in "My Collection" but decants in "Tried"... which doesn't make a lot of sense...
    Last edited by Heliamphora; 12th July 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Great! Can't wait for changes to take place.

Cool Re: The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Hey guys!
    Brand-spanking-new member here! Maybe I'm just a dufus, but I'm finding it really inconvenient to navigate the Wardrobe page. Can't seem to make the "longevity" thingie work and when I select my rating it throws me out of that page and automatically assigns the scent I've selected as "tried" or some such. I find that I am having to go back to make corrections and STILL can't manage the "longevity" issue... It would be so great to have boxes that I tick across the section with places to add comments etc. One page, multiple fields, simplified? Or...is it me? (Always a possibility! lol)

And hey, I'm open to coaching from more 'seasoned' members - if indeed it is a user problem on my part

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Stage 1:

Ability to set SOTD (already done)
    Ability to delete fragrances (yay)
    Ability to add tags to fragrances (so you can categorise them your own way)
    Ability to rate longevity.
    Ability to add personal notes about a fragrance

Stage 2:[snip]
    Quote Originally Posted by freekypeeps View Post
    Hey guys!
    Brand-spanking-new member here! Maybe I'm just a dufus, but I'm finding it really inconvenient to navigate the Wardrobe page. Can't seem to make the "longevity" thingie work and when I select my rating it throws me out of that page and automatically assigns the scent I've selected as "tried" or some such.
    Welcome freekypeeps!

I've quoted a bit from Grant's message at the start of the thread just to clarify that, apart from the first item, these are all "to do" still. So you're not doing anything wrong rating longevity, the feature just doesn't work yet. (It used to work before BN was ported to a new system, which is why you'll see longevity ratings in other people's wardrobes.)

Thanks for sharing your other thoughts, too. Like you I would prefer if the system did NOT automatically add a scent to "Tried" as a side effect of other actions.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Thanks PaulSC! You guys are amazing! SOOOOO glad I joined your site, I think I'll have loads of fun here and I can't wait to see all the improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Sounds great!

I would love to have "X Basenotes members have this in their wardrobe" -kind of thing. So an extra column somewhere with a number indicating how many wardrobes it belongs to.
    Yes, please!
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

Quote Originally Posted by Heliamphora View Post
    Thanks Grant, I never know whether I should put something in my wardrobe if I just have a decant/ sample or stick to FBs. I know this is an insane worry as I doubt anyone else ever looks at it, but I don't want it to look like I'm "showing off" by including samples too! I tend to put samples in the "Tried" section at the moment.

Edit (just to show the degree of madness involved): I currently put minis in "My Collection" but decants in "Tried"... which doesn't make a lot of sense...
    Me too! I don't have decants yet so I have not decided where their "home" is to be .And it is crazy !Itty bitty micro minis are in the wardrobe (for me) but a sample spray or dauber of 2-5 ml is "tried" not "wardrobe".

ability to print is a must I think!!! it would be great to print of a list of fragrances to try, then take it into a store and use it to find them.

All this sounds fantastic! I'm really impressed and looking forward to all the new features.

One thing that I would like, but only indirectly related to the wardrobe, is the ability to see which fragrances in the Directory are in my wardrobe. Currently I can see this by going to my wardrobe or if I click on an individual fragrance it tells me if I own it or not.

What I would like to see is that if I display, say all YSL fragrances in a list, I can see which ones are in my wardrobe and don't have to go to my wardrobe to see which ones or click on each individual fragrance to find out. It would be great if there was some sort of indicator in the list mode. This would be great for comparing which fragrances from a particular house, nose, year, etc. are available and which ones you already own. This would be quite useful to me, and hopefully to others.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I don't know how you do it!

noggs

Hello Grant,

I'm new as an active member on Basenotes and have just started organising my collection on the My Wardrobe page. Here are a few tentative suggestions to improve the service, on the basis of my recent experience:

1. Ability to alter fragrance ratings directly in lists on My Wardrobe: currently, it is necessary to go to the directory page of each fragrance. This is very time consuming and makes it difficult to fine-adjust relative ratings.

2. Ability to add fragrances directly to My Wardrobe without use of the directory: again, a time-saving suggestion, especially for new users of My Wardrobe.

3. Easier access to members' wardrobes through their profiles: currently, we must click on a poster's My Wardrobe link to access his/her collection, but I don't see how to do that easily from a given profile (eg. a friend's profile). It's laborious from a given profile to have to find a person's posts to access his/her wardrobe.

4. Add a search function extending over all members' wardrobes: it could be an interesting way to enhance the social aspect of the network to allow members to search easily through each other's wardrobes; adding geographical search options could help too.

5. Propose pre-existing automatic tagging options: a good way to learn about fragrance could be to propose automatic classifications of a members collection and other lists into ready-made tags (for instance: the olfactive families).

6. Add a "date added" option for each bottle in a collection: so that members might more easily keep track of their bottles.

Hope these suggestions are useful!
    Last edited by encrenoire75; 5th August 2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Clarity of presentation

Blog Entries

Longevity rating would be awesome to have again, as thats very important to me. Currently i use the rating with longevity in mind; with a longevity rating i'd be able to rate the longevity separately, which is nice from fragrances like Dirty English: i love the smell but the longevity is awful.

Smile Re: The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Hi there,

Would you be able to have a section added where you can tag on a 'smells similar to' type comment where you can note fragrances that smell similar. This would be really useful, especially when fragrances get discontinued, so people might be able to discover an alternative.
    I think you used to have a similar fragrances section before the site facelift a while back and to my sadness it got removed :-(. I found this really helpful and since then I have being using the similar scents data on www.fragrancenet.com

Thanks

Mike :-)

Default The Big Wardrobe Wish List

Suggestion : Would it be possible for basenoters to help add missing fragrances ,not in the directory ? It would help keep the directory current ,lighten your workload abit and could be an added perk for BN Plus members ?

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Last edited by socalwoman; 19th August 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Default Big Wardrobe

I don't like the "tried" tab because as a noob, it wasn't obvious to me that Tried = The ones you actually wanted in that category + all the ones in My Collection + Owned which you didn't. It's redundant. No category should "automatically" belong to another

Loving the new style directory Notesy! The "recently added" addition is really helpful too! Found one off my list! Huzzah for Notesy!