Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Smooth, semi-sweet, spicy, coniferous, incensy, everydag frag???

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Which Chevignon?
    It's just listed as "Chevignon" in the Directory, but I've heard it called "Chevignon for Men" or "Chevignon Brand from Men."

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120348.html

If you get it, make sure it's the bottle in the picture, which I think is discontinued or reformulated, but still readily available.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

What is MPd'H??
    Montana Parfum d'Homme, supposedly very similar to the legendary Aramis Havana, which was discontinued until recently.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121133.html
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 29th June 2010 at 10:10 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    How about Aramis Havana?
    That's an intersting suggestion. I love the fragrance, but I don't get anything coniferous in it. It basically smells like I spilled a pitcher of sangria on myself. Fun stuff!

My first thoughts are Lalique Equus and Geoffery Beene Bowling Green. Not very peppery, but they do have the coniferous, spicy, semi-sweet thing going on.

Maybe L'Instant de Guerlain might work as well.
    Last edited by buzzley; 30th June 2010 at 12:22 AM.

I don't remember Havana having the pine note though. I found it to be drier than MPd'H and with tobacco instead of the pine.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Any of the CdG Incense line, they are all good...
    Ody speaks the truth!

And I also agree with Suga. Fille en Aiguilles is the sh*t. Please try it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th June 2010 at 02:43 AM.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

...Btw, why is it also called Bois D'Orage - it only seems to say French Lover on the label? Indeed, I wish it said that instead, "French Lover" sounds a but ridiculous...
    I think it has different names in different markets. Here in Canada, it is sold as "Bois D'Orage" (Thunder Wood), with no reference to the slightly cheesy French Lover name.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Off-Scenter

Zagorsk
    Fille en Aiguilles
    Wazamba

and possibly Fou d'Absinthe.

+1 for CdG's Zagorsk

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I'll add my recommendation for my pine favorite, Serge Lutens Fille En Aiguilles. I'm pining for a bottle...
    FEA was the one that immediately came to mind over here as well.

Comme des Garcons as a number of "incense / woody" scents. Have fun sampling!

Hermes Rocabar.
    Best semi-sweet Coniferous scent out.
    Drydown is smooth and sophisticated.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

One of the less talked about semi-sweet semi-spicy Incense scents is Pal Zileri's Sartoriale. But no Coniferous smell there. And of course I 2nd the CDG line sampling, particularly Kyoto/Zagorsk
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

You should perhaps try Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene.
    Currently wearing: Reporter by Oleg Cassini

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I think it has different names in different markets. Here in Canada, it is sold as "Bois D'Orage" (Thunder Wood), with no reference to the slightly cheesy French Lover name.
    Yup, it’s French Lover in europe. Malle thought north america wouldn’t get the ironic/tongue-in-cheek naming. Maybe he was right.

Also, Italian Cypress doesn’t smell dated, it smells retro. And Eau de Baux is gorgeous though to me not very coniferous. Good luck on your quest!