Code of Conduct

Thread: Ettore Bugatti

AromiErotici

Default Ettore Bugatti

Does anyone own this and have an opinion?

Default Re: Ettore Bugatti

Own the car, didn't have enough money for the juice.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I, on the other hand, have the juice; I couldn't afford the car. (I don't drive anyway!)

I bought this a long time ago, I remember it as a citrus top with nice woody, ambery drydown. A spicy oriental, now discontinued. On checking, I see castoreum and oakmoss in the base, and clary sage in the top.

I just found and re-sniffed it. Very nice. I'll make it my S o t D for tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, AromiErotici.

Here's the whole skinny:

Ettore Bugatti Bugatti (Original) (1993) Spicy Oriental
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Aldehydes. Bergamot, Clary Sage, Green Notes, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Rosewood •Middle Notes: Carnation, Cedar, Jasmine, Orris Root, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood •Base Notes: Amber, Benzoin, Castoreum. Labdanum, Leather, Oakmoss, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla
    ------------------
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I, on the other hand, have the juice; I couldn't afford the car. (I don't drive anyway!)

I bought this a long time ago, I remember it as a citrus top with nice woody, ambery drydown. A spicy oriental, now discontinued. On checking, I see castoreum and oakmoss in the base, and clary sage in the top.

I just found and re-sniffed it. Very nice. I'll make it my S o t D for tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, AromiErotici.

Here's the whole skinny:

Ettore Bugatti Bugatti (Original) (1993) Spicy Oriental
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Aldehydes. Bergamot, Clary Sage, Green Notes, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Rosewood •Middle Notes: Carnation, Cedar, Jasmine, Orris Root, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood •Base Notes: Amber, Benzoin, Castoreum. Labdanum, Leather, Oakmoss, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla
    ------------------
    Thank you JaimeB !!!

AromiErotici

I've noticed that there is a Blue and a Black box for this masculine. Is this indicative of a reformulation or simply a change in aesthetics?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

It's been so long I can't remember if I ever had a box, but my tendency is not to hang onto them. Anyway, it's discontinued, or at least listed that way at parfyym.pri.ee (usually very reliable). I don't know anything about a reformulation. That site lists three other scents by the same house: Homme, Pureblack (a different bottle from the advertising pic), and another named just Bugatti, from 1999. That last one is listed as an aromatic fougère rather than a spicy oriental like the original, so it wouldn't be a reissue or reformulation.

I'm afraid that's all the information I have, apart from what my nose tells me about my own bottle...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

I have a chance to buy a bottle of this.

I'm familiar with the newer Bugatti fragrances, which I don't think much of, but have never tried this older one.

Based on your description, Jaime, I think I'll go ahead and get it!

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 30th June 2010 at 06:57 PM.

There are 2 versions with similar bottles - the one with shown in the picture in the black box smells different to notes mentioned by Jaime - I believe the notes mentioned are for the scent in the blue box with frosted bottle which is such a sublime oriental it could be a classic Shalimar for men. The one in the black box however is a very aerienne and light scent - somewhat in the veins of L'Eau par Kenzo less sweet with a woodier base - very serene may not last very long but you do get a whiff of the base notes every now and then. It was rather ground breaking at the time of launch in 2000 as there is watermelon in the heart notes and not many mens fragrances uses that note back then. Notes include bergamot, mandarin and sage for the top notes; watermelon, orange and nutmeg in the heart notes and cedar and sandalwood in the base notes. Nice, fresh rather quiet and does not shout out for attention. I have both bottles and really do enjoy them - the one in the blue box absolutely oozes luxury and class, comes in an eau de toilette but might as well have been in eau de parfum strength as it lasts until the next day. Yeah, I think both has been discontinued as you may have suspected ....

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yes, the one I have is in a frosted bottle, though I no longer recall the color of the long-ago-discarded box...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

AromiErotici

Awesome information fellas !!! I now know which one ( Blue box / frosted bottle) is the one I need to get.

Today I bought the one that comes in the blue box and with the frosted bottle. I thought it was the one in the black box, but when I went back to the shop I saw that it was the blue box.

I sprayed on some a few hours ago. Jaime and aaz are right on. This is really good stuff! I recommend getting a bottle if you can find one.

I believe this is the original Bugatti fragrance, and the one in the black box was a later release.

noggs

BEWARE, there had been 3 versions, the first two with very subtle differences....

This is the FIRST version, the Original.

this is the second version, reformulated

..and the third is the one with black box: a different scent.

Can you notice the slight difference? in the reformulated version, the golden strip on the left of the box and the "BUGATTI" red logo have been removed.

I'll made a review as soon as possible, this was an absolutely extraordinary scent, totally underrated.

Talk about resurrecting an old thread! Strangely enough, not long after replying to this back in 2010, I found three 50 ml bottles in the original blue box (the second picture - 'reformulated' version) gathering dust in little perfumerie overseas and could not help snatching them up straight away. The owner had to wipe the dust away to try to convince me to buy them but really did not need to bother at all. I think there was a look of amusement as to why I was not the slightest bit interested in the newer releases - it was definitely a chance in a million finding them ! Funny enough, up till now, I never noticed the difference between the two boxes, same bottle though - just did a side by side test of the two and could not detect much difference in the scent 'reformulated' or not - still a very classy scent. The one thing I noticed was the top notes in the older version was a little brighter but that could be my imagination as well - happy with both all the same.

I think "Bugatti" is one of the few scents deserving the title of "Paradise in a bottle". The sillage power, the monster-longevity, the pleasure of citrus slowly changing in a massive castoreum-powerhouse, the high concentration of ingredients.... are almost indescribable.