Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default creating a fragrance "bodywash" from sample vials

Hey all,

Pretty new to this but in one post I saw someone make mention of adding a vial of their favorite EDT into a bottle of Aveno body wash and - viola! - they claimed to have a viable product.

Now my questions are:

1) is it really this simple?
    2) if so, is their a certain body wash(es) you would recommend, so as not to dominate the intended fragrance?
    3) Specifically I was interested in Creed MI, as I really love it, but find it doesn't last very long on me. I figured a "bodywash"/EDT layering might give me more longevity.....

Any input would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this question falls under the "dumb" category!

Default Re: creating a fragrance "bodywash" from sample vials

I would rather go with an unscented body lotion as that would stay on and wouldn't be washed away. For longevity I would recommend: spray on clothes instead of skin, especially in the summer. Moisturize the skin first, then add the fragrance.
    HTH

By body wash, you mean shower gel, right? I would think that any unscented product, whether it be liquid soap, shower gel, lotion, etc would work just fine. Obviously the thicker the product the more you will have to shake and mix it to get the scent distributed evenly. Making a scented product is that simple, but I'm not sure this is the answer to your question.

If the issue is simply increasing longevity of your fragrance spray, what Irina suggests would probably be more effective than using a scented body wash, especially spraying on clothes instead of skin. I know that most people find that applying moisturizer before scent makes it last longer, but for me it's the opposite, and even unscented lotion seems to change the character of the fragrance. However, using lotion scented with the same fragrance that you spray might work well, especially if you have dry skin.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    I would rather go with an unscented body lotion as that would stay on and wouldn't be washed away. For longevity I would recommend: spray on clothes instead of skin, especially in the summer. Moisturize the skin first, then add the fragrance.
    HTH
    Great idea!