Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Hello everyone. Have all a fantastic Thursday

Patricia de Nicolaï 's

VIE DE CHATEAU INTENSE

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Cool Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Bom Dia Roberto! You smell wonderful, as usual.
    My SOTD is A Scent by Issey Miyake.

It's looking like being another hot day here and I have a day
    off, so I plan to visit a friend for lunch and then chill in the garden with
    a glass of Pimms!!

A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Cristobal by Balenciaga

Thumbs up Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Bom Dia Roberto! You smell wonderful, as usual.
    My SOTD is A Scent by Issey Miyake.

It's looking like being another hot day here and I have a day
    off, so I plan to visit a friend for lunch and then chill in the garden with
    a glass of Pimms!!

Thanks Kewart. You also smell FANTASTIC in A Scent by Issey Miyake and thanks for "Bom dia"
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Default Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

My SOTD is Tom Ford Private Blend - Neroli Portofino.

Notes include bergamot, mandarin orange, orange blossom, amber and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Following this thread's paradigm, I am supposed to say that Joe smells nice/terrific/fantastic in his Portofino -- and I am certain he does! -- I like Tom Ford's take on orange blossom. Instead, I would ask why are you up so early?

People, please clean up your Inboxes so that our messages to you can go through (Evangeline especially).

Ms. H. -- FREEDOM! Enjoy it to the mostest!

How is our South Texas contingent doing? Has "Alex" been too cruel this morning? Red Cross distributed disaster relief clean up kits in our 'hood so that we can thoroughly clean our flooded basements -- that's what I did yesterday, and once again we are fortunate enough not to have too much stuff floating in water downstairs, one should see the big industrial size dumpsters in front of some houses. I was wearing Montale Velvet Flowers.

Today I will do Chanel Eau Premiere.
    Last edited by Twolf; 1st July 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Wish you have GREAT MONTH OF JULY

This is a new of many gifts from my beloved sister
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Kenzo Amour.

Good morning everyone. Today I needed a comfort scent and my scent of choice is Samsara. Perfect for this grey day. Hope you all have a nice day , and I really feel I should thank you for all the support lately!
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Histoires de Parfums 1826

top notes: bergamot, tangerine
    middle notes: white flowers, violet, ginger, cinnamon
    base notes: patchouli, amber, Jakarta incense, vanilla

Take care, everyone! Special thoughts going out to Wolfie and others affected by/dealing with "Alex" xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Roberto, your bottle pic makes my eyes happy this morning. I'm loving yellow & green lately. It must smell yellow-green, Chateau de Vie. It inspires me to try more PdN scents.

Stay safe, Twolf! I hope the damage is minimal.

I'm wearing Y by YSL this morning.

Smile Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

The local vanilla thread has me jonesing for Tihota. So that's what I'm wearing today!

Have a happy Canada Day!

SotD is Gris Clair.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman
    Currently wearing: Jacquard by Etro

Scent twins with Twolf today in No5 Eau Premiere...offering solidarity through fragrance: Hope your basement clean-out goes well Twolf!!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Following this thread's paradigm, I am supposed to say that Joe smells nice/terrific/fantastic in his Portofino -- and I am certain he does! -- I like Tom Ford's take on orange blossom. Instead, I would ask why are you up so early?

Today I will do Chanel Eau Premiere.
    Thank you Twolf. I love the orange blossom in it also. You smell amazing in Eau Premiere - it is absolutely stunning. I am an early riser to begin with. Plus I had to drive to a client site about an hour away from home, and like to avoid traffic if possible (at least I didn't have to fly somewhere this week).

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Wish you have GREAT MONTH OF JULY

This is a new of many gifts from my beloved sister
    How is this one sophi? My niece just had a baby a few weeks ago, and her birthday is coming up this month. Thought this could possibly be a potential gift.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Joe, you rack up more miles than anyone else I know! You are also one of the best smelling!!!

Bought a small Ungaro Diva from the marketplace (thank you Jodi!) and although it's not quite an appropriate scent to wear for donating blood ~ I absolutely MUST wear it today! :P According to the American Red Cross, they are experiencing a shortage of negative type blood...so if you can, please consider donating! Thanks gals & guys, have a great day!

Jai Ose perfume :Soft ,gentle, a very tender floral fragrance ;Notes are jasmine, amber and a hint of lemon...
    I think it's a perfect scent for a new mommy
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Institution

Thoughts for Twolf today and for Ineespenes.

It's still pretty early for me- but I couldn't resist a dab or two of Vol de Nuit extrait first thing this morning.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good Morning All. Something light for me today. My SOTD is Philosophy 'AMAZING GRACE'

Hello everyone!

I'm still craving those rosey chypres, so I'm in Cartier's So Pretty this morning (a "modern" patchouli-less chypre.) I really love this chic little number, but it frustrates me! The gorgeous and succulent top drive me crazy - I think it's the blackberry that makes it so intriguing - but it just doesn't last long enough. Utterly maddening but completely addictive and I can't give it up; I've actually resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to reapply frequently to extend the glory (I go through full bottles quickly this way, so I don't wear it quite as often as I'd like.) The middle and base are very nice, too - the whole composition represents classic perfumery at its most elegant and refined - but I like it best almost right out of the bottle. So Pretty was created by Jean Guichard in 1995.

Top notes - mandarin, bergamot, jasmine and blackberry
    Middle notes - iris, rose, and orchid
    Base notes - vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, benzoin and musk

Twolf - I have some relatively recent experience with flooded basements - no fun at all. But Velvet Flowers sounds like the perfect foil to the soggy muck! I wish I could be there to lend a hand - I think I'd wear Chamade. Also, I've been sloppy lately - so sorry 'bout that! But I've tidied-up and my inbox is now accepting new messages!

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st July 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in Ambre Soie today.

Have to visit a local compounding pharmacist to get some empty gel capsules to put the metronidazole in that I have to give my cat-- it's so bitter that I cannot get him to swallow it. Even with cream cheese coating it, as was recommended by the vet (this cat doesn't like human food at all.) I even tried coating it in cat food; no luck.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Bath & Body Works ~ Pink Grapefruit

Manoumalia - LesNez
    Wishlist is pointless.

Hi 30 Roses! Poor kitty. The compounding pharmacist could put the meds in whatever flavor/form your cat especially likes?
    (was I the only one who saw what the vet cost yesterday and thought, ohmygosh, it cost an entire Amouage!)

Twolf sorry about your basement water! Hope cleanup goes smoothly! (Houses don't have basements in Houston. Now you know.)

Scent. of. the. day.....think I'll go with Bois d'Iris / Different company.

L'Artisan Fleur de Liane
    Currently wearing: Osmanthus by Keiko Mecheri

Havana Vanille today.
    Good luck with basement cleaning and cat pill popping - I've only had experience with the later, and it can reduce you to tears of frustration and hystronics and then you get to try again!

Good morning, all! Sorry about the basement. I have a cat to pill as well, and she won't take human food or wet catfood -- we're baffled as to how to get the stuff into her!

My birthday is coming up, and yesterday a Parfum1 package arrived, with no gift card, containing an item from my Amazon wishlist and no note. Who sent it? I have NO IDEA! But I'm wearing the contents today:

Theorema Esprit d'Ete -- THE SCENT OF MYSTERY! Actually, it doesn't smell very mysterious, but it sure does smell good -- like a bright citrus cologne spritzed all over a more solid perfumy base.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Semi-celebrating the arrival of a settlement check from a client I was prepping to sue — had organized 12 pages of evidence yesterday. The woman is stunningly stupid, but at least I don't have to go prove that in court. If we'd gone to court, I know I would have gotten $750 instead of $250, but I just don't want to frick-frack around with her anymore. (So, how's does that retirement feel, Haunani? Pretty darn good about now, I'm betting.)

There. That's out of my system. Now, life's nothing but puppy dog kisses and juicy ripe raspberries.

Defaulted to Mandragore again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

La Carezza d' Amore

Giving cats pills are tricky. My vet told us to gently squeeze open the jaw right in the area where the jaw bones meet, then shove the pill as far back as you can.

I am wearing Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual. Its surprisingly very nice...imho. :-)