Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Hello everyone. Have all a fantastic Thursday

Patricia de Nicolaï 's

VIE DE CHATEAU INTENSE

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Cool Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Bom Dia Roberto! You smell wonderful, as usual.
    My SOTD is A Scent by Issey Miyake.

It's looking like being another hot day here and I have a day
    off, so I plan to visit a friend for lunch and then chill in the garden with
    a glass of Pimms!!

A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thumbs up Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post

a glass of Pimms!!

Thanks Kewart. You also smell FANTASTIC in A Scent by Issey Miyake and thanks for "Bom dia"
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Default Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

My SOTD is Tom Ford Private Blend - Neroli Portofino.

Notes include bergamot, mandarin orange, orange blossom, amber and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Following this thread's paradigm, I am supposed to say that Joe smells nice/terrific/fantastic in his Portofino -- and I am certain he does! -- I like Tom Ford's take on orange blossom. Instead, I would ask why are you up so early?

People, please clean up your Inboxes so that our messages to you can go through (Evangeline especially).

Ms. H. -- FREEDOM! Enjoy it to the mostest!

How is our South Texas contingent doing? Has "Alex" been too cruel this morning? Red Cross distributed disaster relief clean up kits in our 'hood so that we can thoroughly clean our flooded basements -- that's what I did yesterday, and once again we are fortunate enough not to have too much stuff floating in water downstairs, one should see the big industrial size dumpsters in front of some houses. I was wearing Montale Velvet Flowers.

Today I will do Chanel Eau Premiere.
    Last edited by Twolf; 1st July 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Wish you have GREAT MONTH OF JULY

This is a new of many gifts from my beloved sister
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Kenzo Amour.

Good morning everyone. Today I needed a comfort scent and my scent of choice is Samsara. Perfect for this grey day. Hope you all have a nice day , and I really feel I should thank you for all the support lately!

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Histoires de Parfums 1826

top notes: bergamot, tangerine
    middle notes: white flowers, violet, ginger, cinnamon
    base notes: patchouli, amber, Jakarta incense, vanilla

Take care, everyone! Special thoughts going out to Wolfie and others affected by/dealing with "Alex" xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Roberto, your bottle pic makes my eyes happy this morning. I'm loving yellow & green lately. It must smell yellow-green, Chateau de Vie. It inspires me to try more PdN scents.

Stay safe, Twolf! I hope the damage is minimal.

I'm wearing Y by YSL this morning.

Smile Re: So t d Thursday 1 July 2010

The local vanilla thread has me jonesing for Tihota. So that's what I'm wearing today!

Have a happy Canada Day!

SotD is Gris Clair.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Scent twins with Twolf today in No5 Eau Premiere...offering solidarity through fragrance: Hope your basement clean-out goes well Twolf!!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Following this thread's paradigm, I am supposed to say that Joe smells nice/terrific/fantastic in his Portofino -- and I am certain he does! -- I like Tom Ford's take on orange blossom. Instead, I would ask why are you up so early?

Today I will do Chanel Eau Premiere.
    Thank you Twolf. I love the orange blossom in it also. You smell amazing in Eau Premiere - it is absolutely stunning. I am an early riser to begin with. Plus I had to drive to a client site about an hour away from home, and like to avoid traffic if possible (at least I didn't have to fly somewhere this week).

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Wish you have GREAT MONTH OF JULY

This is a new of many gifts from my beloved sister
    How is this one sophi? My niece just had a baby a few weeks ago, and her birthday is coming up this month. Thought this could possibly be a potential gift.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Joe, you rack up more miles than anyone else I know! You are also one of the best smelling!!!

Bought a small Ungaro Diva from the marketplace (thank you Jodi!) and although it's not quite an appropriate scent to wear for donating blood ~ I absolutely MUST wear it today! :P According to the American Red Cross, they are experiencing a shortage of negative type blood...so if you can, please consider donating! Thanks gals & guys, have a great day!

Jai Ose perfume :Soft ,gentle, a very tender floral fragrance ;Notes are jasmine, amber and a hint of lemon...
    I think it's a perfect scent for a new mommy
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Institution

Thoughts for Twolf today and for Ineespenes.

It's still pretty early for me- but I couldn't resist a dab or two of Vol de Nuit extrait first thing this morning.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good Morning All. Something light for me today. My SOTD is Philosophy 'AMAZING GRACE'

Hello everyone!

I'm still craving those rosey chypres, so I'm in Cartier's So Pretty this morning (a "modern" patchouli-less chypre.) I really love this chic little number, but it frustrates me! The gorgeous and succulent top drive me crazy - I think it's the blackberry that makes it so intriguing - but it just doesn't last long enough. Utterly maddening but completely addictive and I can't give it up; I've actually resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to reapply frequently to extend the glory (I go through full bottles quickly this way, so I don't wear it quite as often as I'd like.) The middle and base are very nice, too - the whole composition represents classic perfumery at its most elegant and refined - but I like it best almost right out of the bottle. So Pretty was created by Jean Guichard in 1995.

Top notes - mandarin, bergamot, jasmine and blackberry
    Middle notes - iris, rose, and orchid
    Base notes - vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, benzoin and musk

Twolf - I have some relatively recent experience with flooded basements - no fun at all. But Velvet Flowers sounds like the perfect foil to the soggy muck! I wish I could be there to lend a hand - I think I'd wear Chamade. Also, I've been sloppy lately - so sorry 'bout that! But I've tidied-up and my inbox is now accepting new messages!

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st July 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm in Ambre Soie today.

Have to visit a local compounding pharmacist to get some empty gel capsules to put the metronidazole in that I have to give my cat-- it's so bitter that I cannot get him to swallow it. Even with cream cheese coating it, as was recommended by the vet (this cat doesn't like human food at all.) I even tried coating it in cat food; no luck.

Bath & Body Works ~ Pink Grapefruit

Manoumalia - LesNez
    Wishlist is pointless.

Hi 30 Roses! Poor kitty. The compounding pharmacist could put the meds in whatever flavor/form your cat especially likes?
    (was I the only one who saw what the vet cost yesterday and thought, ohmygosh, it cost an entire Amouage!)

Twolf sorry about your basement water! Hope cleanup goes smoothly! (Houses don't have basements in Houston. Now you know.)

Scent. of. the. day.....think I'll go with Bois d'Iris / Different company.

L'Artisan Fleur de Liane

Havana Vanille today.
    Good luck with basement cleaning and cat pill popping - I've only had experience with the later, and it can reduce you to tears of frustration and hystronics and then you get to try again!

Good morning, all! Sorry about the basement. I have a cat to pill as well, and she won't take human food or wet catfood -- we're baffled as to how to get the stuff into her!

My birthday is coming up, and yesterday a Parfum1 package arrived, with no gift card, containing an item from my Amazon wishlist and no note. Who sent it? I have NO IDEA! But I'm wearing the contents today:

Theorema Esprit d'Ete -- THE SCENT OF MYSTERY! Actually, it doesn't smell very mysterious, but it sure does smell good -- like a bright citrus cologne spritzed all over a more solid perfumy base.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Semi-celebrating the arrival of a settlement check from a client I was prepping to sue — had organized 12 pages of evidence yesterday. The woman is stunningly stupid, but at least I don't have to go prove that in court. If we'd gone to court, I know I would have gotten $750 instead of $250, but I just don't want to frick-frack around with her anymore. (So, how's does that retirement feel, Haunani? Pretty darn good about now, I'm betting.)

There. That's out of my system. Now, life's nothing but puppy dog kisses and juicy ripe raspberries.

Defaulted to Mandragore again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

La Carezza d' Amore

Giving cats pills are tricky. My vet told us to gently squeeze open the jaw right in the area where the jaw bones meet, then shove the pill as far back as you can.

I am wearing Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual. Its surprisingly very nice...imho. :-)

Blog Entries

Yes, I've done the opening the jaw/placing the pill far back and it's always worked fine; the problem with metronidazole is that it is wickedly bitter and the vet said many cats gag it back out. The gel capsule worked fine for the pills I had already gotten from the vet. They were small (quartered) so fit into the capsule pretty easily. Down the hatch! With some "tuna water" (an occasional treat) to sweeten the deal afterward.

Yes, C Rose, I did think, when presented with the bill, that I could have gotten a few very nice perfumes for that. Ah, well, all part of the cost of having a pet.

What surprised me was that at 7 years they consider him a senior! I know cats often live well into their teens so would not have thought of 7 as being "older".

Basenotes Institution

Inspired by pluran's Vetiver Mother Earth thread...

Early a.m. (at the gym): Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain

At work (sweltering weather): Vetiver (vintage EdC) by Guerlain

This evening it will be maybe some Vetiver Dance...we'll see.

Hi! Today I'm wearing Fragonard Miranda, which just might be my holy grail coconut scent. It smells like coconut candy and is making my mouth water.

Evening all,

long time no see! I've been working my arse off at work before going on holiday on Monday. Toys to be cleaned, information packs to new parents and kids, loads of washing, but hardly any kids left. On my spare time I've been sitting in a chair in the garden (in the heat!) reading or sleeping.

Today's scent has been Molinard de Molinard which seems appropriately green and gorgeous. This evening I'm wearing Sensuous by Estée Lauder from my spanking new bottle.

Sorry about the confusion, we are NOT in TX any more and there are no basements in Dallas area -- where we have not been for over a year! -- either. We are up in Mid-West, almost North, with kumquat and Quarry as neighbors. The flooding has occurred because during this past weekend we have received -- thank you! -- over 8" of rain, some basements received more than 4 feet. But we are all right, it has never got deep enough to call it "bad".

Thalia, I think I know who is the sender. PM me if you want me to share my thoughts == I can't be too wrong about "the style".

Dah, now I am thinking about the full size bottle of Eau Premier -- it wears quite well.

E., thanks -- one of the things I like you for is that you LISTEN.

H., we understand you are sleeping in on your first day! hahahahaha It is past noon where she is and she still has not checked in!

Wearing a dab of Barbara Bui today. (30 Roses I sent you a PM regarding kitty meds.)

Take care, all!

My SotA is L'Occitane's Eau des 4 Reines again. This is a nice, clean rose fragrance for summer. It makes me feel refreshed. I'm loving this one and Cabaret. I'm on the run - I'm off now to drop off a dinner casserole to a housebound senior. I made a summer veggie one, sort of a cross between a quiche and frittata with gorgeous vegetables I got at the farmer's market yesterday. I made two, one for her and one for us.

Have a good evening!

Blog Entries

Just for you 30 Roses (Good Luck):

How to Pill a Cat:

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in the right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly in between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw tee shirt away and fetch a new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table; find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for SPCA to collect cat and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

HOW TO GIVE DOG A PILL
    1. Wrap it in bacon.

For my SOTD, I am in:

CREED EROLFA

Wearing Birmane today and loving it. It arrived today after being purchased here on Basenotes. It really is a wonderful summery oriental as the fruit notes are sunny and the vanilla does not over warm the composition. I've been missing Birmane despite being as proud as any woman could be when my bottle decided to leave me for university life.

Happy to have it back in my life.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post

a glass of Pimms!!

Oh Kewart- I adore PIMM's I think I'll buy a cucumber (or maybe more) on the way home and have Pimm's Cup this weekend from the recipe I got while visiting N'Orleans LA.
    In a tall glass with ice squeeze juice of 1/2 fresh lime, 1/2 fresh lemon, add 1.5 oz Pimm's #1, fill with 7 up and garnish with chilled cucumber slices. YUM!

Day 2 in Cabaret by Gres for me.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Cartier Declaration. Yup, I'm a girl and I'm wearing something from the Men's Department. But ya know, there's a lot of good stuff over there and it's often freeeeeesh like this. Here in Switzerland it's hot hot hot and I am depending on my citruses at the moment.

Hula your heinie off in celebration of no longer having to go out an earn a crust, Haunai!!! Mwa!!!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hello dear BNers! Only time for a quick stop to post my

SOTD: Chantecaille Tiare

It's probably me and my weirdness, but I get loads of LotV in this one, especially for the first hour or so....

LOVE your post Tarheel Golfer!! I'm sure all of us who are owned by cats, have experienced some version of that hilarious (but sadly, very true) story!

Thanks for the chuckles.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Allure Homme
    SotE - Lou Lou
    SotN - Bal à Versailles

I'm wearing Paul & Joe Bleu today. I took my mom to lunch and we did some shopping. I didn't buy any perfumes, but picked up a few pieces of costume jewelery.

Tarheel Golfer: That makes it sound SO easy! lol

This evening i sprayed Magnifique!
    Last edited by sophi; 1st July 2010 at 10:16 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

L'Interdit (Givenchy)

Basenotes Institution

Still in the mood for Vol de Nuit extrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    H., we understand you are sleeping in on your first day! hahahahaha It is past noon where she is and she still has not checked in!
    Well, Ms. T (sorry about the wet basement ), I actually did get up fairly early, but I had to run off before I could finish my online fun. Thank so much to all of you who commented and asked. I have to admit that I do feel pretty darned liberated today! I've already learned a few things this first day of my retirement. Here are my lessons (also posted on my Facebook page):

1. It's hard to sleep later than you're used to.
    2. All of a sudden, everyone seems to want to drive faster than I want to.
    3. One should NOT have two cups of coffee just before an aqua aerobics class.

SotD is Cote d'Amour. Lovin' it!

For 30 Roses and others, this looks like a helpful website! I've had success with the tilt-head-and-poke-pill-down-the-gullet method, but not sure how to address that bitterness problem.

http://partnersah.vet.cornell.edu/pe...ill_or_capsule
    Last edited by Haunani; 1st July 2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Cat pill link!

Hi again, everyone!

I usually don't post the various scents I might go through in a single day, but I'm very excited about the fun evening we have planned and I wanted to share!

We're heading off to Summerfest soon - that means lots of great music and food on Milwaukee's lakefront, and the B-52s are headlining tonight! I've seen them in concert so many times I feel like I know them, but it's been a very long time. The first time I saw them I wore K de Krizia - it became my official B-52s fragrance that night, and that's what I've worn for them ever since.

Beer, brats, the B-52s and K de Krizia, natch - bitchin'! (<--those are Ray-Bans, btw.)

(And I couldn't help but notice how their last album cover fashions recall this ad... interesting!)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Opium pour Homme Edp this morning. Creed Acier Aluminum tonight. An all-time record hot June here. Hottest overall ever recorded.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

SoT Morning/afternoon: Chanel No. 19. Scent of the evening, so far anyway, after my TJ Maxx haul: Cabotine de Gres

I'm awaiting the alleged Cabotine "skank" civet note... (taps foot, only getting Flowerdy Greenedyness at the moment.) For dirt cheap, it ain't bad. (coffret piece price about $6 for the 100 ml EDT)

Ooh, and Evangeline... enjoy! The B52s are such fun!

And dry thoughts for those with wet basements... much luck on the pilling of the pets, and...

Kinda glad the sweetie's out of town so I can catch up on my scent-o-rama! (but missing him too.)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 2nd July 2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Carnal Flower for evening .

Odeur 71 by Comme des Garcons
    Gary

Twolf, sorry about the basement. It sounds like a lot of hard work, but you have the right attitude, and yes one should be properly perfumed to do icky chores.

I have had a very busy work schedule and have not been on the boards in a couple of days. Today I wore Alessandro, from a new decant I got yesterday from TPC. Yesterday I had an important meeting and I usually go pretty conservative with Chanel No. 5. and Tuesday I wore Bois d'Encense, one of my favorite incense perfumes.

I hope everybody who celebrates has a terrific 4th of July holiday!
    Evenstar

Evangaline! I'm SO JEALOUS! The B-52's are THE BEST! When I saw them in concert The Violent Femmes opened for them - it was the greatest pairing!!! Hope you had a rockin' time!

SOTE - SHalimar
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 2nd July 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Ha ha Tarheel Golfer! That is about what it is like! I finally got pill #2 into him (spat out once first) but am sporting 3 new gouges on my hands.

Can't wait for tomorrow's pills! (NOT!)

I watched your video, Haunani. I like the idea of coating the capsule in butter and will try that. Hopefully it'll slide down easier. I my try the towel approach but I expect that would increase resistance. The pill gun sounds good, too-- maybe tomorrow I'll pop over to Petco and see if they have one.

Another BNer PMed me that her vet gives her cat's metronidazole in cream form, to rub onto the inner skin of the ear, to be absorbed through the skin. If all else fails, I'll try that.

I figure if he's feisty enough to fight the pill, he's getting better. I, however, am going to need more Bandaids!

Pleasures....EL
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com