Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique for Men and Women

Coming soon to a Marshalls/TJ Maxx near you.......

From nstperfume.com:

Tommy Bahama will launch Set Sail Martinique, a new duo of fragrances for men and women, this fall:

Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique reflects the life, culture and heritage of this balmy, island retreat. Inspired by the colorful pallet of the homes and the vibrant shades of the sky and sea, to the exotic flowers and fruits; Set Sail Martinique combines this beauty and grace into a warm and soothing scent. The men’s fragrance blends iced bergamot with the subtle spice of fresh pepper that is combined with a sensual musk to capture the essence of the Caribbean. The women’s fragrance opens with a fruity burst of sparkling mandarin, while floral notes along with a creamy musk come together for a soft romantic scent.

Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique For Men will be available in 100 ml “cologne spray”; Set Sail Martinique For Women will be available in 100 ml “eau de perfume”. The fragrances will be $58 each.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Default Re: New Fragrances: Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique for Men and Women

I found this to be another unremarkable/unmemorable release from Tommy Bahama. I like the original Tommy Bahama, but am not fond of Very Cool or the Set Sail series.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I also like the first Tommy Bahama scent, but that freakin' blue bottle makes me want to run to the hills. Plus, names like "St. Barts" or "Set Sail" only bring one thing to mind: boring aquatic clone.

Unfortunately, when it comes to frags in blue bottles with names like that, I really do judge a book by its cover...

Everything that have is ho-hum. Maybe this will break their mediocrity streak.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Everything that have is ho-hum. Maybe this will break their mediocrity streak.
    I tried it. IMO, the streak is still intact.

Where did you find this?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Where did you find this?
    I saw it in a Tommy Bahama store.

There was also another recent launch from Tommy Bahama,right?A limited edition Cologne,in a differently shaped bottle.Can't remember its name...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    There was also another recent launch from Tommy Bahama,right?A limited edition Cologne,in a differently shaped bottle.Can't remember its name...
    Vintage Paradise Cologne - I found that one to be the worst of the lot.

I happen to love all from the house thus far, I own all of them in the 3.4 oz bottle, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before i get my nose into this one. From what I've heard, it's a floral and fruity musky fragrance with and aquatic edge to it. Can anyone provide maybe a more detailed review on it? Perhaps compare it to South Sea's or St Bart's as well which appear to be the 2 fruitier and more floral ones of the group.

Has anyone tried this?

I know the men's St. Bart's is a very safe scent. No real statement, just a pleasant, safe scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I've seen this discounted on scentmonkey, but even discounted I don't wanna blind buy it. I'm still waiting for this at TJ Maxx or Marshall's where surely there will be an open box and I can get my nose under it.

^^ this. not worth spending more than $20 on any TB bottle since there's always an abundance at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. There's been 10 bottles of original, St Barts, and Very Cool on a consistent basis at both of those two stores by me for the last three or four months. Though I really would like to try this, it does sound a bit different from the other TB bottles. Hopefully longevity is improved.

I liked the original but is no longer had in department stores.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I bought every Tommy Bahama other than this new one at TJ Maxx. I love the orginal brown bottle woody one the best.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Quote Originally Posted by rioni View Post
    Has anyone tried this?
    The men's version of Martinique is unbelievably feminine to my nose -- all floral and powdery on a bed of musk. Also smells cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    The men's version of Martinique is unbelievably feminine to my nose -- all floral and powdery on a bed of musk. Also smells cheap.
    Thanks. i was gonna blind buy it, to complete my collection, but I haven't heard much about it.

I picked this up at Marshall's for $19.95 ... Tommy Bahama scents usually get pretty good reviews so I thought I's try it. Disappointed. The initial whiff of citrus is pleasant, but it drys down very quickly to a bland powdery smell with a hint of lavender that can't be considered masculine. I don't recommend this one.

Not a fan of this one at all. Definitely the worst from the series. To me, it smells like a knock off of Nautica Voyage, but with a more "jelly-ish" vibe. I still think the much underrated Set Sail South Seas is easily the best from the line, just bought a back up bottle off Ebay actually. St Bart's is pretty good too. I also own Very Cool and the original, all of which are full bottle worthy imo.. but definitley not this one.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I like the original and St. Barts - this new-er one? Not at all