Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 Washington Square & Cooper Square

From nstperfume.com

Bond No. 9 will launch Washington Square for women and Cooper Square for men this fall.

Washington Square - named for Washington Square Park, and featuring notes of bergamot, geranium, tarragon, purple rose, honey, vintage amber, leather accord, vetiver and musk. It will launch in November and will be sold in a pocket spray ($95) and in 50 ($150) and 100 ($230) ml Eau de Parfum.

Cooper Square - a spicy fragrance inspired by the Cooper Union School. The notes include cognac, juniper berry, lavender, myrrh, olibanum, patchouli, cashmere wood, musk, vetiver, labdanum and timber wood. Cooper Square will launch in September and will be available in 50 ($150) and 100 ($230) ml Eau de Parfum.

Bond no. 9 Washington Square and Cooper Square were developed by perfumer Laurent Le Guernec.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 1st July 2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 Washington Square & Cooper Square

I contemplated even replying to this thread because I thought ignoring a Bond thread is about the best thing to do, but I must simply say that they are producing way too many fragrances for anyone to swallow. It used to make me mad, but now everytime I see a new Bond coming out, I just kind of snicker and move on. Sniffing new releases by this house doesn't even register with me anymore, and I used to be a fan. I perceive it as gauche in a way.

I only like New Haarlem out of all the Bond releases. However, the notes of Cooper Square do sound intriguing to me.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Bond No. 9 has judiciously decided to overlook Washington Square's flagrant disregard for intellectual property rights and is allowing them to keep their name. Cooper Square, however, will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law under Hammurabi's Code, the residents' fields will be sown with salt and their names will be stricken from all documents for all time. Laurice Rahme informed them of her decision in the traditionally diplomatic Bond manner, i.e. throwing a threat-wrapped brick through their windows and poking them on Facebook.

Cooper Square sounds fantastic.....Gary

At this rate of new releases, I hate to see what a Bond No 9 counter at Saks will look like 10 years from now. You'd need to put on sneakers to prepare for testing out the entire line.

And I'm surprised at the absence of a marijuana note in Washington Square. I could never walk through that place without feeling a little loopy from second-hand weed smoke.

Its funny because I was at saks last week and smelled high line (Nasty) and told the guy that Bond is coming out with too many scents at one time. I told him you are going to run out of spots to put the scent... he had nothing to say and just stuttered. Kinda funny. But seriously, how can someone make an amazing scent when they pump them out so fast. there is no real development time and research to come up with something unique. This company sure has changed for the worse.

Blog Entries

I can`t wait to try Cooper Square; sounds very interesting...

If anyone has tried it so far, please get in touch with your opinions...

Thanks

I called my Saks and they were thinking that Cooper Square would hit the stores around the 14th.....I can't wait to try this.....Gary

Cooper Square was at my Saks today. Definitely spicy amd definitely masculine. I want to say it a less spicy, slightly more sweet Harrod's for Men. Sorry, wish I was a good reviewer, but I am not. Just a fragrance junkie. I did buy it as I tend to buy most Bonds, with the exception of High Line which was way too feminine.

Blog Entries

Thanks very much amigo; I look forward to trying it when I get down to Harrods in London in October.

By any chance have you tried Harrods Oud Swarovski limited edition?

I also look forward to giving it a good try again; on my last trip in May, I ended up getting Andy Warhol Success is a job in NY; which is really awesome...an absolutely incredible creation by Bond no 9...I also dislike High Line...certainly not for the boys...

Quote Originally Posted by Francop
    By any chance have you tried Harrods Oud Swarovski limited edition?
    Probably the best quality scent from Bond. Peppery grass and woods was my assessment of it. I've been wanting to get a bottle but it's just so over priced for what it is.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    B… i.e. throwing a threat-wrapped brick through their windows …
    That's a foil-threat-wrapped brick.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

I think you can buy a plain bottle without the Swarovski crystals; just the juice and the Harrods logo in a dark green bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Francop
    I think you can buy a plain bottle without the Swarovski crystals; just the juice and the Harrods logo in a dark green bottle.
    The non-swarovski bottle is still $330 which still over priced IMO.

Blog Entries

I know it is expensive; Harrods in London sells the 100ml plain bottle for £235; I shall try it soon...and if I get it I shall review it on here...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Cooper Square was at my Saks today. Definitely spicy amd definitely masculine. I want to say it a less spicy, slightly more sweet Harrod's for Men. Sorry, wish I was a good reviewer, but I am not. Just a fragrance junkie. I did buy it as I tend to buy most Bonds, with the exception of High Line which was way too feminine.
    I tend to purchase most Bonds also.....I liked High Line but also thought that it was too feminine.....Many of my favorite fragrances come from this house.....I am waiting to hear that this is has arrived at my Saks.....I can't hardly wait.....Gary

It got less spicy as it dried down. It was more woody-sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. I look forward to hearing from others.

Blog Entries

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your comments; keep them coming...they all sound misterious and interesting...

I'm very excited about this scent.....It sounds like a winner.....I'm waiting for a call from Saks.....any minute!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

Cheers Gary, let me know what you think about it when you try it out...Thanks
    Fernando

Blog Entries

The magazine strip for Cooper Square smelled quite nice. A welcome change from recent carbon-copy unisex opaque semi-gourmands and lightweight feminines. It seemed spicy, just a bit formal, elegant, and almost Tom-Fordish. Almost a retro or classic feel, which is (IMO) welcome in a Bond. The only thing that bothers me is how quickly the good part seemed to dissipate from the magazine strip. Pretty good sillage for a strip, but the awesome opening was gone too soon for me.

This is a potential buy for me, as long as te real thing has more tenacity than the magazine flap.

There is something indeed somewhat annoying about the Bond line. I think for me it's the gimmicky bottles.

But, if they make some juice I like, I'll buy it. WTF. I'm becoming forgiving of late. I'll try Cooper Square this week.

Blog Entries

That is the spirit Guys...Happy Days...

Quote Originally Posted by Francop View Post
    Cheers Gary, let me know what you think about it when you try it out...Thanks
    Fernando
    Hello Fernando..... I purchased the large bottle.....This is fantastic!!! The Amber and the Incense are Great on my skin.....This is also very long lasting.....WOW!!! I feel that they have a winner!!! My Saks was afraid that they were going to run out of Large sprays.....This was selling very well.....A Fantastic Fragrance.....Gary

Please, this thread needs more Bond bashing so that I'll have an excuse to not bother sampling it. My wallet begs you!

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    Please, this thread needs more Bond bashing so that I'll have an excuse to not bother sampling it. My wallet begs you!
    Hilarious!!! When and if You get the chance to sample this You will have to guard Your wallet for sure.....Gary

Just got a free sample of copper square; I think its very good. Not like traditional bonds at all (I do like chez and riverside)
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I would like to ad my wife thinks copper square smells like acier. I think its less sweet and overall beter than acier. I know the notes don't look alike.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Hello Fernando..... I purchased the large bottle.....This is fantastic!!! The Amber and the Incense are Great on my skin.....This is also very long lasting.....WOW!!! I feel that they have a winner!!! My Saks was afraid that they were going to run out of Large sprays.....This was selling very well.....A Fantastic Fragrance.....Gary
    Yeah, I can believe that. I think Bond was due for a good masculine, and they got it with this one. Got my sample and tested it today - just a single dab from the sample vial, and I actually got some close sillage. High-level description would be a modern analog of Bois du Portugal or Feuilles de Tabac - it reminds me of both, but a bit more modern. There are some nice aspects - transparency and complexity - that let the components come through, and well-done. I'll be sorely tempted to buy this, despite owning similar scents, and would easily recommend it.

PS - Almost forgot to mention the lavender. Nice!
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 12th September 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: lavender!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    LOL!

OK - hmmm, lets see..... Yeah - it's similar to Bois du Portugal, so we can call it a shameless rip-off! Yeah! Of course, I have to admit, it's a bit more modern and younger, so it's not really all that much of a rip-off. In fact, one might accuse Bond of sneakily aiming at a place where Creed wasn't covering the market. GRRRRRR! Bond is trying to be original and cater to the perfumista market! They made something that BNers would like - all the young guys who like BdP but hesitate to buy it because it's just a bit too retro! How cunning and calculating! Don't buy this juice! You'll like it, and that's all part of Bond's evil plan!

Hahahahaha! So how'd I do? Did I talk you out of it?

Blog Entries

No, you didn`t sweetheart...bless !!!

I know... it is a shame...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Hi Gary, Thanks very much indeed for your kind description...sounds very much like me...I shall be testing it soon in Harrods, London; if I like it I shall be getting it too...a big THANKS again :-)

Im looking forward to smelling Copper Square this weekend. Like Jack, Im a fan of Chez and Riverside, so Im excited to give this a sniff.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

tried it..my simple take on it...Bond No9 Brooklyn + RL Polo (on steroids) = Cooper Square
    Ill pass

Blog Entries

Mmmmm!!! The descriptions are getting juicer and juicer...!!!

i guess they will run out of places to name them after and thats when it will all end...they might have to move to New Jersey....Bond No. 9 Jersey Turnpike?
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Blog Entries

They might do one in honour to the statue of Liberty full of beautiful acquatic fresh notes ???

Mmmmm; we love you Bond no 9...!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    i guess they will run out of places to name them after and thats when it will all end...they might have to move to New Jersey....Bond No. 9 Jersey Turnpike?
    LOL

I'm waiting patiently for Bond no.9 Bowery Boys - the ultimate fresh masculine!

Never sampled any of the Bond line.
    Looks like I'll give Cooper Square a try.

Blog Entries

I think your life will change...for the better...believe me...

Sur la Plage

I tried Cooper Square today. There was some note(s) in it that was just quite off-putting to me. A friend of mine said it reminded him of his old Uncle Felix - which apparently was not a positive comment.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cooper Square is definitely different from the usual Bond scent. I finally got around to trying it, but I'm still undecided. From a spray on the wrist, I got a bit of juniper (Brooklyn?) along with this huge synthetic mess. After it burned off a bit, I got a nice vetiver that reminded me of a darker and creamier, though less complex, version of Chanel Sycomore. I asked a female co-worker for her opinion and she was really wowed by it. I'll have to give it a couple wearings before I pass judgement.

Basenotes Institution

I smelled Cooper Square today also.

It immediately comes out of the bottle smelling unlike anything I've ever smelled before...hard to describe: a sharp pepper vibe with a synthetic sheen to it; a fougere-like accord running through it; it smelled 'purple', if that makes sense.

Mind you, this was from a strip, I didn't try it on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    it smelled 'purple', if that makes sense.
    Mike, would you say that was the lavender?
    I wore this from a sample a couple of days ago (actually, I started a thread about Cooper Square, not having seen this one) and after a pleasant whoosh of juniper berries, the scent quikcly became dominated by a lavender-soap accord that pretty much stayed the rest of the course. Really didn't do anything for me. Clean, inoffensive but ultimately boring.

I dont understand those prices. What makes them so special??

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Mike, would you say that was the lavender?.
    I don't remember smelling lavender. But as I said, I didn't put this on my skin so maybe I missed that accord. Whatever the 'purple' smell was, it was very synthetic smelling. Not in an offensive way just very synthetic, almost industrious.

Blog Entries

Similar to Silver Factory???

Always interested in a new Bond. By now they have such a huge line I think there must be at leats one fragrance that is likeable for anyone, or that you don't actively hate. I have a few I hate, a few that leave me so so and a few I love.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Blog Entries

Absolutely; they have some great creations: Eau de New York, New Haarlem, West Broadway, Silver Factory...some of them are very unusual indeed...

Blog Entries

I have finally tried Cooper Square, the latest creation by Bond no 9 House...

The bottle is beautiful...silver and glass meet in the Bond no 9 signature star shaped bottle...

The juice is nice...it starts with some pretty juniper and lavender notes that take you quite quickly into some myhrr and possibly mint notes that settle down gently into a long lasting green accord of musk and vetiver...it did remind me of Boston Man by the Puig House in so many different ways...

I have enjoyed Cooper Square but I was expecting something different possibly something more interesting...?

Blog Entries

Since I wrote my last review on Cooper Square, I have tried the jiuce a few more times...must admit it has now grown on me as a very long lasting refreshing masculine scent for day time; have also got a bottle which is beautiful...

I have changed my mind and am giving Cooper Square a big thumbs up...!!!

How about Washington Square? I was told this is unisex. High Line was is supposedly unisex, but I find it to be more feminine.

I found Cooper Square to be the worst Bond I have tried thus far. I literally couldn't scrub hard enough.

I absolutely love Cooper Sq. It's very fresh and clean smelling to me. Almost wish I got that as my refill bottle instead of Silver Factory. I want to get rid of it.

Early impressions from testing on paper indicates that this smells like a modernized take on a 'shaving cream fougere' such as Aqua Velva Blue Ice, Brut, or Rive Gauche PH.

Actually, I might best sum it up as L'Homme de Couer meets Rive Gauche PH (with some Sartorial thrown in the mix). Interesting, and I am really enjoying it, but that is also probably influenced by the fact that I am currently really looking for one of these modernized fougeres.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by r0bdigz View Post
    I found Cooper Square to be the worst Bond I have tried thus far. I literally couldn't scrub hard enough.
    I COMPLETELY agree. I found it disgusting and I don't find many fragrances to be something I need to scrub off and Cooper Square was one of them.

Washington Square wasn't bad but, seemed mediocre and more on the feminine scale.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I COMPLETELY agree. I found it disgusting and I don't find many fragrances to be something I need to scrub off and Cooper Square was one of them.

Washington Square wasn't bad but, seemed mediocre and more on the feminine scale.
    I agree. Cooper is horrible, and washington was just plain bad.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    How about Washington Square? I was told this is unisex. High Line was is supposedly unisex, but I find it to be more feminine.
    Washington square is perfect for winter and xmas and also very unisex in my opinion...fully agree with you regarding High Line...also find it very sweet and feminine...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I agree. Cooper is horrible, and washington was just plain bad.
    Sorry to hear your ill thoughts about the 2 latest Bond launches...I think they are Fantastic !!!