Code of Conduct

Default Help a hopeless cologne dude out!

Hey guys:

I work with a lady that says her husband only likes to wear Tommy original cologne.
    She wants to get him something else that he might wear instead. I haven't tried this
    cologne myself, so I'm not sure what exactly this smells like. Another female coworker
    really likes Victoria Secret Very Sexy for Him, which I have, so I brought in this and also
    Very Sexy for Him 2 for her to check out. Anybody else have a suggestion for a Tommy
    lovin' dude?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help a hopeless cologne dude out!

I'm just saying if you want to buy someone a fragrance just take him to the store and let him choose, he'll be much more pleased.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Whoever this guy is will probably hate you for this. Why you are conspiring with his wife to get him to wear Victoria's Secret perfume? Tommy is a kids' scent like Eternity, Animale, Photo, and CK One. Married men who wear it cook and take care of the baby while their wife pays the bills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Whoever this guy is will probably hate you for this. Why you are conspiring with his wife to get him to wear Victoria's Secret perfume? Tommy is a kids' scent like Eternity, Animale, Photo, and CK One. Married men who wear it cook and take care of the baby while their wife pays the bills.
    So, if what you're saying is true, then if I like Jubilation XXV then I'm a sultan and my wife(s) massage my feat while I'm typing and they do all the work for me.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    I'm just saying if you want to buy someone a fragrance just take him to the store and let him choose, he'll be much more pleased.
    agree

His wife went ahead and sprayed my left arm with Very Sexy and my right arm with Very Sexy 2.
    She seems to like Very Sexy 2 a bit more than Very Sexy. I am working the remainder of my shift with sprays of each on my arms!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Tommy is a kids' scent like Eternity, Animale, Photo, and CK One. Married men who wear it cook and take care of the baby while their wife pays the bills.

The three powerhouse scents that you cite - Eternity, Animale, Photo - would, in my opinion, never qualify or be considered as kids' scents anywhere in the world. And I seriously doubt Tommy or CKOne would be either, though they're not as potent as the other three.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    The three powerhouse scents that you cite - Eternity, Animale, Photo - would, in my opinion, never qualify or be considered as kids' scents anywhere in the world. And I seriously doubt Tommy or CKOne would be either, though they're not as potent as the other three.
    Renato
    +1...Tommy is actually pretty good, as I recall.

I say let him keep wearing the Tommy, but encourage him to expand into something more romantic, like Dior Homme or something.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Platinum Egoiste? Its another fresh, easy-wearing fragrance similar to Tommy
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576