Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Today I bought...July 2010

Just won an auction at the Swedish ebay; Sensuous by Estée Lauder edp 50 ml, never opened.

Default Re: Today I bought...July 2010

Went to TJ Maxx (the first time I've ever been there) and felt a little odd with four FB purchases for under $60. Blind bought (after reading a few BN reviews that were mixed but great advice) got a Cabotine de Gres coffret with 100 ml EDT and 200 ml body lotion and shower gel... I felt I might like it for a "flowerdy" summery green, and at $18 it felt like a steal. Also got Bijan Men 75 ml EDT as one was open and I liked the wild peppery-fougere-ness of it (hear it's a bit of an oddity, will be interesting to see how it works on my skin on a "real" wear)... and blind bought a couple cheap Elizabeth Ardens, Sunflowers 30 ml EDT and Green Tea Scent Spray 50 ml. (weird getting this stuff for less than a TPC lot of samples... and with the Cabotine on me right now, I'm not unhappy about the trip.) ... oh, it came to just over $60 including all the above AND a big bar of almond-scented bath soap.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 1st July 2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

^Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme. Wearing this I may have to move to Cedartown Georgia.
    Things are things because of Mind--Zen Buddhist saying
    Currently wearing: Cuba Brown by Cuba Paris

actiasluna! It may be your first visit to TJ's, but it won't be your last--there's diffeent things there constantly. And if you don't like the scent, you can return it....mwaaaaaah
    Last edited by knit at nite; 2nd July 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme. Wearing this I may have to move to Cedartown Georgia.
    <grins> Cedary?

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    actiasluna! It may be your first visit to TJ's, but it won't be your last--there's diffeent things there constantly. And if you don't like the scent, you can return it....mwaaaaaah
    Oh that is good to know! (but at the dirt cheapness, I am going to have to be very disappointed indeed to return stuff. I did notice people open packages with abandon to sniff 'em there... I guess I could also do that! (when in Rome?) ... this bodes not well for my pocketbook! (well, I just need to get REALLY picky.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Rei Rien's having a 10% off sale for the 4th of July, so I bought:

- Givenchy Amarige EDT
    - Ungaro Diva EDP
    - Cartier Delices EDP

That haul sounds great, actiasluna. Hard not to jump at the chance to pick up those bargains. On a recent trip to the U.S. I missed going to a TJ Maxx, so it's now on my 'insurmountable list of things to do.'

Hope to hear your take on the Cartier Delices EDP, Linds.

Yesterday I bought a part-bottle of vintage Shalimar EDC from an estate sale.

It'll be shipped here so I'm a little nervous about whether I'll like it or not. I'd sure appreciate anyone's opinion on the vintage EDC versus other strengths/formulations; PM me. Thanks!

Am considering a blind buy of Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete. I fear a monster has been unleashed...
    Last edited by whitelace; 2nd July 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

I had a couple of goodies waiting for me when the mail arrived. I got two Bonds:

West Side (from a swap on MUA)
    New Haarlem (ordered last Saturday, but it just arrived)

*Had to edit this post to add something I forgot. I won an auction for a bottle of Apothia Pearl today. July is starting off with a bang!! :-)
    Last edited by oolala30; 3rd July 2010 at 03:14 AM.
    Currently wearing: Eau Nomade by Thirdman

The clerks at my local TJ Maxx,Ross, and 4 thrift stores all recognise me pretty well by sight.My bank account loses weight just about every time I cross the threshold there.
    Just be careful if you buy something as a gift -they can and do re-shrinkwrap stuff .I opened a bottle I bought for myself and it was missing the cap but came in a shrinkwraped box. (It was Ellen Tracy by the way).
    Also Actias luna if you like Cabotine you might want to keep an eye out for the rose and bleu flankers .
    The rose ( refering to pink in french not the flower)I have tried and it sells for $8 fairly often. I've yet to try the bleu version.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 3rd July 2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something
    Currently wearing: Miu Miu by Miu Miu

On ebay a full bottle of Lizsport.
    At three local thrift shops: A brazilian aftershave/cologne (passed to Dad)by amazongreen
    a roller sample seems like something from the clinique line possibly .It can be disassembled cleaned and refilled
    knock off of Angel by jean philippe paris --smells more like chanel chance than Angel to my nose
    1/2 a bottle The Body Shop perfume oil Ananya
    a nearly Full bottle of Lancome's Tresor edp $1
    thrift shop fragrance totals $5
    My bottle of CK Contradiction arrived today smells great! I think the Evyan White Shoulders might be getting here tomorrow or monday.several small bids in on ebay I'll post if I win.

Blog Entries

I've been wanting to sniff Love's Rain scent again for over a year now (it was a favorite during my tween years). I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1.5 oz bottle on ebay for $7 shipped. Even if I don't love it anymore, it'll still be cheaper than many room fragrances I've splurged on!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I've just recieved a 50ml bottle of this divine juice,
    from our very own favoutire Greek BNer, miss S.

Thank you, darling ... you are too much!

Blog Entries

Two purchases today -

Balenciaga Paris
    Prada Infusions d'Iris

both are lovely!
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Blog Entries

Finally bought myself the Keiko Mecheri sampler! Yeah! *happy snoopy dance*

I'm SO excited. I can't wait...been thinking of it for WEEKS and went back today. It's $68/30 samples...used to be $65/28 samples, I think. In any case, I am excited! Eek! I LOVE these sample coffrets that some of the lines offer...

true beauty is beneath

I just bought a bottle of Passage d'Enfer from ebay! I had bid on it last week and was outbid ... Today the seller sent me a second chance message, the original buyer backed out. Good for me! This has been on my wish list for a really long time.

Blog Entries

I'm a little nervous about this one, but I've been wishing for non-2000s Ma Griffe and I bought one from eBay.... now wait....

My blind purchase of Nuit de Tubereuse has arrived and I'm so glad I like it. It's quite different to most tuberose fragrances in that it's spicy and fruity. The dry down has a moist earthy note that reminds me of Coromandel. A nice fragrance for day and summer.

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte, 100 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée, 15 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil, 7.5 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin Après le Mousson, 15 ml
    Kenzoair, 50 ml
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Chanel #5 Eau Premiere- I'd purchased a sample from Rei Rien in April and loved it! Been keeping my eye out for it on Evil-Bay (with little expectation) and whattayaknow- a slightly used tester came up. Come to mama!

I bought some Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete. It's discontinued but you can still find it online. I enjoyed my sample so much that I thought I might like a full bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    I've been wanting to sniff Love's Rain scent again for over a year now (it was a favorite during my tween years). I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1.5 oz bottle on ebay for $7 shipped. Even if I don't love it anymore, it'll still be cheaper than many room fragrances I've splurged on!
    That was a nice scent. I remember it well. I hope it's everything you hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I bought some Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete. It's discontinued but you can still find it online. I enjoyed my sample so much that I thought I might like a full bottle.
    Lilybelle, that's one of my favorites, especially in summer and very early fall. I love the way it melds with my skin. Enjoy!!!

A decant of Rose d'Ete 8 ml (I loved this from the samples I bought before - if I use this up before the summer's out, I'll look for a good deal on a full bottle); and
    Samples of: Jacomo Silences, Dior Dolce Vita, Boucheron Trouble, Chopard Casmir, Molyneaux Quartz, and Mitsouko. I've read recommendations, either to me or to someone else, of all of these on various threads, so I can't wait for them to get here. My wishlist at the Perfumed Court is still about a mile long. Ya'll are a bad influence on my bank account - I may have to take a second job to support my habit now.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I bought a small 10ml roll-on "pen" of Stella edp today at Sephora. I love that Sephora carries smaller sizes of some fragrances.

Oh that is good to know! (but at the dirt cheapness, I am going to have to be very disappointed indeed to return stuff. I did notice people open packages with abandon to sniff 'em there... I guess I could also do that! (when in Rome?) ... this bodes not well for my pocketbook! (well, I just need to get REALLY picky.)
    It depends on the store. I've been yelled at by S.A.s for closing boxes and for checking opened boxes I was considering purchasing to see if the nozzles were intact. The deals are so great though!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Guilty by Gucci

I bought some more Opium edt (3 partial bottles),Michael(2 Partials complete blind unsniffed), Eau the Vert Extreme by Bulgari1/2bottle blind buy ,Deep Red by Hugo Boss (i've had/hoarded a sample of this and figured it was time to get a partial bottle on ebay)
    Also I forgot to report that I bought a full bottle of Elige by Mary Kay over the weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Lilybelle, that's one of my favorites, especially in summer and very early fall. I love the way it melds with my skin. Enjoy!!!
    Thank you!

Basenotes Institution

Samples from The Perfumed Court .
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.

Whadya get, Mimi Gardenia?

Basenotes Institution

Oh Linds- Auguste and Guerlain Moscou,Tokyo and New York !
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.