Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I bought...July 2010

Just won an auction at the Swedish ebay; Sensuous by Estée Lauder edp 50 ml, never opened.

Default Re: Today I bought...July 2010

Went to TJ Maxx (the first time I've ever been there) and felt a little odd with four FB purchases for under $60. Blind bought (after reading a few BN reviews that were mixed but great advice) got a Cabotine de Gres coffret with 100 ml EDT and 200 ml body lotion and shower gel... I felt I might like it for a "flowerdy" summery green, and at $18 it felt like a steal. Also got Bijan Men 75 ml EDT as one was open and I liked the wild peppery-fougere-ness of it (hear it's a bit of an oddity, will be interesting to see how it works on my skin on a "real" wear)... and blind bought a couple cheap Elizabeth Ardens, Sunflowers 30 ml EDT and Green Tea Scent Spray 50 ml. (weird getting this stuff for less than a TPC lot of samples... and with the Cabotine on me right now, I'm not unhappy about the trip.) ... oh, it came to just over $60 including all the above AND a big bar of almond-scented bath soap.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 2nd July 2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme. Wearing this I may have to move to Cedartown Georgia.
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

actiasluna! It may be your first visit to TJ's, but it won't be your last--there's diffeent things there constantly. And if you don't like the scent, you can return it....mwaaaaaah
    Last edited by knit at nite; 2nd July 2010 at 01:56 AM.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme. Wearing this I may have to move to Cedartown Georgia.
    <grins> Cedary?

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    actiasluna! It may be your first visit to TJ's, but it won't be your last--there's diffeent things there constantly. And if you don't like the scent, you can return it....mwaaaaaah
    Oh that is good to know! (but at the dirt cheapness, I am going to have to be very disappointed indeed to return stuff. I did notice people open packages with abandon to sniff 'em there... I guess I could also do that! (when in Rome?) ... this bodes not well for my pocketbook! (well, I just need to get REALLY picky.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Rei Rien's having a 10% off sale for the 4th of July, so I bought:

- Givenchy Amarige EDT
    - Ungaro Diva EDP
    - Cartier Delices EDP

That haul sounds great, actiasluna. Hard not to jump at the chance to pick up those bargains. On a recent trip to the U.S. I missed going to a TJ Maxx, so it's now on my 'insurmountable list of things to do.'

Hope to hear your take on the Cartier Delices EDP, Linds.

Yesterday I bought a part-bottle of vintage Shalimar EDC from an estate sale.

It'll be shipped here so I'm a little nervous about whether I'll like it or not. I'd sure appreciate anyone's opinion on the vintage EDC versus other strengths/formulations; PM me. Thanks!

Am considering a blind buy of Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete. I fear a monster has been unleashed...
    Last edited by whitelace; 2nd July 2010 at 03:37 PM.

I had a couple of goodies waiting for me when the mail arrived. I got two Bonds:

West Side (from a swap on MUA)
    New Haarlem (ordered last Saturday, but it just arrived)

*Had to edit this post to add something I forgot. I won an auction for a bottle of Apothia Pearl today. July is starting off with a bang!! :-)
    Last edited by oolala30; 3rd July 2010 at 04:14 AM.

The clerks at my local TJ Maxx,Ross, and 4 thrift stores all recognise me pretty well by sight.My bank account loses weight just about every time I cross the threshold there.
    Just be careful if you buy something as a gift -they can and do re-shrinkwrap stuff .I opened a bottle I bought for myself and it was missing the cap but came in a shrinkwraped box. (It was Ellen Tracy by the way).
    Also Actias luna if you like Cabotine you might want to keep an eye out for the rose and bleu flankers .
    The rose ( refering to pink in french not the flower)I have tried and it sells for $8 fairly often. I've yet to try the bleu version.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 3rd July 2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something

On ebay a full bottle of Lizsport.
    At three local thrift shops: A brazilian aftershave/cologne (passed to Dad)by amazongreen
    a roller sample seems like something from the clinique line possibly .It can be disassembled cleaned and refilled
    knock off of Angel by jean philippe paris --smells more like chanel chance than Angel to my nose
    1/2 a bottle The Body Shop perfume oil Ananya
    a nearly Full bottle of Lancome's Tresor edp $1
    thrift shop fragrance totals $5
    My bottle of CK Contradiction arrived today smells great! I think the Evyan White Shoulders might be getting here tomorrow or monday.several small bids in on ebay I'll post if I win.

Blog Entries

I've been wanting to sniff Love's Rain scent again for over a year now (it was a favorite during my tween years). I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1.5 oz bottle on ebay for $7 shipped. Even if I don't love it anymore, it'll still be cheaper than many room fragrances I've splurged on!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've just recieved a 50ml bottle of this divine juice,
    from our very own favoutire Greek BNer, miss S.

Thank you, darling ... you are too much!

Blog Entries

Two purchases today -

Balenciaga Paris
    Prada Infusions d'Iris

both are lovely!
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Blog Entries

Finally bought myself the Keiko Mecheri sampler! Yeah! *happy snoopy dance*

I'm SO excited. I can't wait...been thinking of it for WEEKS and went back today. It's $68/30 samples...used to be $65/28 samples, I think. In any case, I am excited! Eek! I LOVE these sample coffrets that some of the lines offer...

I just bought a bottle of Passage d'Enfer from ebay! I had bid on it last week and was outbid ... Today the seller sent me a second chance message, the original buyer backed out. Good for me! This has been on my wish list for a really long time.

Blog Entries

I'm a little nervous about this one, but I've been wishing for non-2000s Ma Griffe and I bought one from eBay.... now wait....

My blind purchase of Nuit de Tubereuse has arrived and I'm so glad I like it. It's quite different to most tuberose fragrances in that it's spicy and fruity. The dry down has a moist earthy note that reminds me of Coromandel. A nice fragrance for day and summer.

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte, 100 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée, 15 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil, 7.5 ml
    Hermès Un Jardin Après le Mousson, 15 ml
    Kenzoair, 50 ml
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Chanel #5 Eau Premiere- I'd purchased a sample from Rei Rien in April and loved it! Been keeping my eye out for it on Evil-Bay (with little expectation) and whattayaknow- a slightly used tester came up. Come to mama!

I bought some Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete. It's discontinued but you can still find it online. I enjoyed my sample so much that I thought I might like a full bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    I've been wanting to sniff Love's Rain scent again for over a year now (it was a favorite during my tween years). I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1.5 oz bottle on ebay for $7 shipped. Even if I don't love it anymore, it'll still be cheaper than many room fragrances I've splurged on!
    That was a nice scent. I remember it well. I hope it's everything you hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I bought some Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete. It's discontinued but you can still find it online. I enjoyed my sample so much that I thought I might like a full bottle.
    Lilybelle, that's one of my favorites, especially in summer and very early fall. I love the way it melds with my skin. Enjoy!!!

A decant of Rose d'Ete 8 ml (I loved this from the samples I bought before - if I use this up before the summer's out, I'll look for a good deal on a full bottle); and
    Samples of: Jacomo Silences, Dior Dolce Vita, Boucheron Trouble, Chopard Casmir, Molyneaux Quartz, and Mitsouko. I've read recommendations, either to me or to someone else, of all of these on various threads, so I can't wait for them to get here. My wishlist at the Perfumed Court is still about a mile long. Ya'll are a bad influence on my bank account - I may have to take a second job to support my habit now.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I bought a small 10ml roll-on "pen" of Stella edp today at Sephora. I love that Sephora carries smaller sizes of some fragrances.

Oh that is good to know! (but at the dirt cheapness, I am going to have to be very disappointed indeed to return stuff. I did notice people open packages with abandon to sniff 'em there... I guess I could also do that! (when in Rome?) ... this bodes not well for my pocketbook! (well, I just need to get REALLY picky.)
    It depends on the store. I've been yelled at by S.A.s for closing boxes and for checking opened boxes I was considering purchasing to see if the nozzles were intact. The deals are so great though!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I bought some more Opium edt (3 partial bottles),Michael(2 Partials complete blind unsniffed), Eau the Vert Extreme by Bulgari1/2bottle blind buy ,Deep Red by Hugo Boss (i've had/hoarded a sample of this and figured it was time to get a partial bottle on ebay)
    Also I forgot to report that I bought a full bottle of Elige by Mary Kay over the weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Lilybelle, that's one of my favorites, especially in summer and very early fall. I love the way it melds with my skin. Enjoy!!!
    Thank you!

Basenotes Institution

Samples from The Perfumed Court .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Whadya get, Mimi Gardenia?

Basenotes Institution

Oh Linds- Auguste and Guerlain Moscou,Tokyo and New York !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I resisted the urge to run over to TJ Maxx after work...

But I did receive the parcel of three FB's bought from a basenoter: Kolnisch Juchten by Parfums Regence, Le 3me Homme, and Mouchoir de Monsieur... and feel I got a very good deal on these three... so I'm satisfied for the moment.

I must save up as I'll be on vacation the second week of August, visiting family in Colorado... that's incentive that I can hang onto in order to save some pennies for now.
    (heh.)

I resisted the urge to run over to TJ Maxx after work...
    I've been fighting the urge as well, but it's been so long since I bought a new frag that I may give in!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Sur la Plage

Prescriptives Calyx + matching body lotion

Notes include mandarin, bergamot, passion fruit, mango, guava, spearmint, muguet, lily, jasmine, marigold, melon, rose, cyclamen, raspberry, musk, moss and cedar.

Last edited by petruccijc; 7th July 2010 at 02:42 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Oh Linds- Auguste and Guerlain Moscou,Tokyo and New York !
    I assume you're talking about the Auguste sampler pack? Those frags sound lovely!

Blog Entries

My partial bottle (20 mls remaining) of Berdoues Muguet Precieux arrived from TPC. Softly powdery, pretty and wearable-- a "comfort" LOTV.

Basenotes Plus

Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Hmmm, I definitely have a hankering for that one. It would be yet another blind buy.

The Prescriptives Calyx sounds luscious, petruccijc!

Well, here goes:

Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (a blind buy)
    Lalique's Encre Noire Pour Elle (an oh-so-pretty light floral with a je ne sais quoi, a definite wrist-sniffer)
    Acqua Allegoria Mandarine-Basilic (so refreshing, and the prettiest mandarin fragrance to date!), with a mini of Pierre Cardin's Rose Cardin
    Acqua Allegoria Grosselina (another blind buy, but who's counting?), with a mini of Azzaro
    Vintage Shalimar EDC, part-bottle
    Acqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille decant (rich vanilla, gorgeous). I've been on a vanilla hunt lately.

Holy bank account, Batman, and the month is not even halfway through!
    Last edited by whitelace; 8th July 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Sur la Plage

M.A.C. Africanimal

Notes include bergamot, freesia, pink pepper, honey, jasmine, orange blossom, black pepper, oud, patchouli, sandalwood, amber, frankincense and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

50 ml of Lancome Magie. A very spontaneous blind buy, but the scent is gorgeous!

Some of my Ebay buys have arrived! Lizsport edt FB 1.7oz -a nice tea type scent, sister to Tommy Girl .Three wins from the same seller Michael by Michael Kors 1/3 of a 1.7 oz bottle edp +full mini parfum -very nice sweet gardinia ,Bulgari Eau the Vert Extreme 1/2 of a1.7oz bottle-very similar to the original,Opium edt partial bottles- (It was supposed to be three partials but the seller accidentally dropped the mini and it broke .The seller contacted me and offered to either cancel the Opium sale or get a discount-I opted for a discount .she also included a couple samples of Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy and a partial mini of Estee Lauder Sensuous-reminds me of floral baby powder like Blu and Blu Notte do.)
    A second seller that I bought three things from also arrived GivenchyIII (vintage)1/3 bottle,L'eau d' Issey 1/3 bottle,Arpege feels pretty full .
    Fourth a lot of three Estee super cologne 1/3 bottle -reminds me of Ceasar's Woman,Woodhue cologne -nice,Aliage cologne nice green floral. More coming soon!

Sur la Plage

Histoires de Parfums - 1889 Moulin Rouge

Notes include mandarin, plum, cinnamon, absinthe, rose, iris, patchouli, musk, vanilla and leather.

28 La Pausa

Wednesday the 7th I purchased Sel de Vetiver from The Different Company!!!
    Gary

Oh heck, it's been an expensive week...
    All new to me:
    1.7 oz EDP Lilith by Callaghan EDP
    Anna Pliska
    15 ml Turbulences by Revillon
    Sisley Soir de Luna mini
    Kenzo de Kenzo 3.4 oz
    Guerlain With Love EDT 1.7 oz
    Gucci Envy Me Too tester

and a back up 100 ml bottle of K de Krizia

Oh, how is the Moulin Rouge? I've been very interested in that one.

Yay for Anne Pliska and Soir de Lune, knit_at_nite! (For some reason, I keep misreading your name as kite_at_night, though. )

Today I had a *horrible* day at work, so I bought SL Fleurs d'Oranger to cheer myself up. Probably not a good habit to fall into, but I really need a pick-me-up.

Got my bottle of vintage Ysatis in yesterday, it is flower-dynamic a la mode de Cabotine and it's lovely. Am awaiting a bottle of Tocade, a herkin' huge vintage bottle of Arpege, and a couple of replacement backup bottles of Coriolan (one of which may be sent off to replace a possibly lost-in-the-post sale... sigh... just reveling in how wonderful a scent that is.)

(so much for not buying scent during the summer!)

Ooh knit_at_nite I LOVE Turbulences... have a vintage PDT splash bottle that I hope lasts for YONKS!

And double-ooh petruccjc... the M.A.C. Africanimal sounds like it would smell amazing.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 10th July 2010 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linds View Post
    Yay for Anne Pliska and Soir de Lune, knit_at_nite! (For some reason, I keep misreading your name as kite_at_night, though. )

Today I had a *horrible* day at work, so I bought SL Fleurs d'Oranger to cheer myself up. Probably not a good habit to fall into, but I really need a pick-me-up.
    I can't wait for them to arrive! No kites for me....I only like indoor sports Sorry about your bad day but what a great treat for yourself.

Sur la Plage

Caron Eau de Reglisse

Notes include aniseed, licorice essence, green mandarin, verbena, nutmeg, ginger, patchouli, vanilla and musk.

Magnolia Romana, from a Basenoter! This one was on my list for quite a while. :-)

Blog Entries

I'm sure jealous of Gary's Sel de Vetiver. I sampled that recently for the first time and it immediately went on my wish list.

The Love's Rain Scent arrived and it smells like soap. Dove soap, if I recall that odor correctly. I'm sure it didn't smell that way back in the day. Oh, well, it'll make a good bathroom spray!

This might sound kind of crazy to most people, but not to you all!: Back when Donna Karan Chaos was re-released thru Bergdorf Goodman, I somehow talked myself into a bottle of Wenge essence as well while on the phone with the SA in New York. All the essences were re-released too, and had previously been sold as very expensive, very small bottles of perfume oil. It was a blind buy, and after reading reviews I had twinges of buyer's remorse as some people found it too one-dimensional, and superfluous if you already owned Chaos and/or Black Cashmere (heck, I have backup bottles of original BC). So I didn't open it. I thought I might return it. Or maybe sell it on the marketplace, or ebay. I didn't want to sniff it and lose half its sale value just because I'd sampled one little squirt. I was mostly, but not entirely sure I'd like it a lot based on my love of Chaos and BC, but how do I know, right? A year went by. I requested a sample in my BN sig, but got no offers. I couldn't find it in stores out here yet. Now it's almost two years and the box is still wrapped in cellophane. Then last week I decided to see what it was going for on fleabay. I saw only one full bottle, offered in Germany, I believe, that went for about what I paid. And a 7ml tester here in the states! So I made a Best Offer and got the tester for $12.58 shipped. And I LOVE it!!! It is indeed the essence of Black Cashmere, but without all the spices and headiness that can make it too heavy for warm weather. It is precisely the note in new Chaos that my nose wants more of (like old Chaos). So I'll layer, yay! I'm so glad I have a full bottle! Off with the cellophane! I love a happy ending.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Great for you Heartwood ! My Hugo Deep Red and additional partial of Opium edt arrived in packages yesterday .Today the last won-and-paid-for arrived a vintage boxed set (lightly used) of Evyan White Shoulders cologne and .25 oz perfume mini (not sure if I really care for WS .I find the cologne to be powdery SWEET floral no spice,green,or insence to my nose.Maybe the perfume will be better.)

Another Sephora purchase yesterday, Benefit - My Place or Yours Gina.
    I also stopped by a Lush yesterday and picked up a solid perfume of Karma (as well as Karma soap).

Sur la Plage

Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia

Basenotes Plus

Yesterday I bought myself Eau de Shalimar and Parfum Sacre Intense *happy*
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Hubby and I both liked the freshness of the new limited edition L'Occitane Verbena Summer Secret edt and bought a bottle to share today. This one is all about the first 15 minutes; plan to respray often!

IMO the matching "shower jelly" (a new way to write shower gel?) and the moisturizing body gel do not have enough scent and are not worth it.

Top notes: Green Apple and Cooling Anise

Middle notes: Verbena Absolute, Mint and Basil

Base notes: Cedar and Musk

http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/...prod=15ET100VS

A few items I "forgot about" that were purchased recently:

Vetiver Bourbon Pure Essential Oil 25 ml from Julia Lawless Aqua Oleum, an intensely smoky, earthy and rooty vetiver that is great for layering and deepening other scents, used sparingly; Another variety of Vetiver Bourbon that smells even more strongly and went into my "future perfumer kit" scents... it's not as ready for daily use as the AO oil; A 1993 vintage Indonesian Patchouli essential oil from Aromatics International that is rich, sweet, aged patch and is also good for layering or blending.

Inspired by bookwyrmsmith, I turned to ebay and bought a vintage bottle of Je Reviens. I am hoping for great things.

some of recent purchases have arrived:
    1.7 oz EDP Lilith by Callaghan EDP- finding this scent challenging- must re-test
    Anne Pliska- This is deep- resinous- SULTRY- so "ME"
    15 ml Turbulences by Revillon- like, but not sure it's "me" must re-test
    Sisley Soir de Luna mini- Love this! Smells so classic for something created so recently
    Kenzo de Kenzo 3.4 oz- iconic 80's nice for curlling up with a thick robe and zoning out
    Gucci Envy Me Too - very wearable office scent
    Last edited by knit at nite; 13th July 2010 at 07:02 AM.

Sur la Plage

Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Notes include vanilla, carnation, iris and ylang-ylang