Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Today I bought...July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Notes include vanilla, carnation, iris and ylang-ylang
    Mmmm...nice one, Joe! Let us know how it works in the Florida summer!

Well it was actually last week. Bas de Soie by Serge Lutens, I just fell in love at first sniff.
    On me it is not soapy as reviews have said, but a glorious creamy floral after it goes through the hyacinth spicy opening and the airy iris middle.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Parfumerie Generale - Papyrus de Ciane

Notes include bergamot, galbanum, neroli, broom, solar notes, lavender, mugwort, clove, incense, cistus labadanum, hedione, vetiver, Mousse de Saxe, Silvanone and white musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Roberto Cavalli - Oro at TJ Maxx for Ten. Dollars. Thank you, Primrose for the suggestion on the "summer cinnamon" thread. I couldn't wait to get home to try it, so I sniffed it on my wrist in the car. I think it's going to be ten bucks well spent.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I bought a load of samples and some good ole Mandom for a friend of mine. He loves the Charles Bronson commercials!

Hahaha!
    Last edited by mountainear; 15th July 2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: include video

A back-up travel size of Ambre Narguile from e-bay.
    Evenstar

Parfumerie Generale - Papyrus de Ciane

Notes include bergamot, galbanum, neroli, broom, solar notes, lavender, mugwort, clove, incense, cistus labadanum, hedione, vetiver, Mousse de Saxe, Silvanone and white musk.

This is lovely! Congrats.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

A lovely sample of Une Rose by F Malle
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

I went a little mad with the sale on TPC and got more samples ............
    And Roja Dove's Enslaved - a good decant.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 15th July 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Aperçu, blind, over e-bay, and solely based on the reviews on Base notes. It has this minute arrived and I am wearing it now!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I bought Paris Hilton Fairy Dust. I liked it when I smelled it in a magazine ad, and it was on sale at the drugstore today. I was preparing myself for it to be awful, cheap smelling and unwearable, but after spraying it on my arm just now I'm happy to say that I do like it. It's not bad, a pleasant white floral scent.

It's back in stock!

L'Occitane Peony EDT

The prettiest top notes...so inexpensive too! $40 for a 75 mL bottle. Something of an impulse buy, but that's ok, right?

Having a big bottle of this one makes up slightly for getting the wrong thing in my Keiko Mecheri package. (huh?) So, I'd ordered the sample collection - something like 30 samples for $68. Instead of a big box of samples, I got a box...with two full bottles. Hm. Me, being the honest person I am...I emailed the company right away to ask for a postage-paid label so I could send these big bottles back to them and also to ask if -please pretty please- could I have my sample collection?

I'm also getting antsy...I ordered two items from the BeautyStory Caron sale (almost three weeks ago?)...and my card has been charged but no notice on shipping and no response to an email I sent. Well, it's not quite been 48 hours, so maybe they will get to my msg tomorrow.

On Ebay 1.Celadon by Estee Lauder discontinued 40% remaining under $5 shipped.
    2.Dreams by Tabu 1oz( back up bottle for one of my first fragrance loves now sadly discontinued)
    3.More Replique perfume( highly recomend it is like obsession or toujours moi crossed with a fresh cut lawn with a mint drydown)
    4.Paris Jardins Romantics (total blind buy with a fuzzy picture -I hope it's okay!)
    5. a vintage '80's Dior coffrett someone had stashed in a closet 4 parfum minis Poison, Tendre Poison,Miss Dior, and Dune.

Sur la Plage

Jo Malone Tuberose

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Jo Malone Tuberose

Oh good one Joe !

Today is a landmark day ... I ordered my first ever full bottle of Creed - Fleurs de Bulgarie ( not the Fleurs de The Bulgarie )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 16th July 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Oh good one Joe !

Today is a landmark day ... I ordered my first ever full bottle of Creed - Fleurs de Bulgarie ( not the Fleurs de The Bulgarie )
    Thanks. I've started to get on a Gardenia and Tubersose kick. Of course I blame you for that.

Congrats on the Creed!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    This is lovely! Congrats.
    Thanks. It really is very lovely. I didn't have a lot of green fragrances - so this one fills that area quite nicely.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks. I've started to get on a Gardenia and Tubersose kick. Of course I blame you for that.

Congrats on the Creed!
    Tee Hee- you'll find you won't tire of it either Joe - the tuberose gardenia kick - it's always there lurking in the background ! I'm on a rose kick for the first time.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Mmmm...nice one, Joe! Let us know how it works in the Florida summer!
    Will do. I have only had this on indoors so far, but am really liking it a lot.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Havana Vanille, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Sur la Plage

Tee Hee- you'll find you won't tire of it either Joe - the tuberose gardenia kick - it's always there lurking in the background ! I'm on a rose kick for the first time.
    I also got a decant of Ajne Fleur Blanche. It is quite heavenly. Now I need to look into that Jar Jardenia......

Last edited by petruccijc; 16th July 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I also got a decant of Ajne Fleur Blanche. It is quite heavenly. Now I need to look into that Jar Jardenia......

Congrats Joe - phew- glad you like it ,or my head would be on the block ! *LOL* Do you get the same similarity to Jardenia that Suga and I did ?
    I want Diamond Water sooooooo bad !!!!!!

Sur la Plage

Congrats Joe - phew- glad you like it ,or my head would be on the block ! *LOL* Do you get the same similarity to Jardenia that Suga and I did ?
    I want Diamond Water sooooooo bad !!!!!!
    I have never tried Jardenia. But now I feel I have to have it because of you damn people talking about it!

Hahaha Joe! (I know the feeling. It's nearly irresistible when folks talk up a scent to want it, want to try it, even if it's damned expensive. Even the samples are pricey...< but of course >
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

Slap my wrists ! *LOL*

Basenotes Plus

A back up bottle of Lolita Lempicka Fleur de Corail and a bunch of scented organic bath soaps on clearance at TJ Maxx
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Bandit by Robert Piguet. Closest I'm coming to being "into leather...."

Quote Originally Posted by pklagrange View Post
    Bandit by Robert Piguet. Closest I'm coming to being "into leather...."
    Nice! I found Jolie Madame to be very similar ('though perhaps a bit more feminine)...love both of them....

Mimi - what is Diamond Water? *curiosity piqued*

Hey, just an update, if anyone is interested - I just got off the phone with a very charming, very nice gentleman at Keiko Mecheri. They got my email and are set to send me my sampler plus the label to return the package they sent by mistake. I'm SO excited about the sampler again!

I love Peau de Peche by Keiko Mechuri and met her at a recent sampling event in the DC area. She was very charming as were all of the perfume lovers who came to the event as well. They were all lovely although in my nervousness I completely put my foot in my mouth! I can't wait to hear what you think about the samples. Let us know your thoughts on the perfumes!

and I can't spell....)

Quote Originally Posted by pklagrange View Post
    I love Peau de Peche by Keiko Mechuri and met her at a recent sampling event in the DC area. She was very charming as were all of the perfume lovers who came to the event as well. They were all lovely although in my nervousness I completely put my foot in my mouth! I can't wait to hear what you think about the samples. Let us know your thoughts on the perfumes!
    That's so nice that KM is a charming woman! I just love hearing about BNers meeting perfumers...so exciting!

And speaking of exciting things - I'm definitely looking forward to getting the sample collections. Peau de Peche, in fact, is one that I'm really looking forward to trying...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Mimi - what is Diamond Water? *curiosity piqued*
    *sigh* Ultra expensive JAR parfum exclusive to Paris and Bergdorf in NY ........ dark ,naughty-bad carnation ,coconut,tuberose,incense ,probably eye of newt and God knows what other magical stuff because I'm guessing all the notes here- they don't give up their notes to the public. Talk of one big fat lemming.........

As of my rose kick, I ordered Amouage Homage Attar-just a sample -$10 freakin' dollars . Just to torture my soul with yet another very expensive and limited edition fragrance. I am indeed a masochistic perfume nutto.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th July 2010 at 09:15 AM.

Welcome pklagrange!! I envy your KM visit. If only it were available in Australia *sigh*

I just bought a bottle of Paco Rabanne Black XS. I've liked this for awhile, perhaps intrigued at the way it smells so different on my skin than on the paper. Kinda feel guilty for liking it, quite a basic berryfloral and I'm guessing lots of iso e super. But I likey, so all good right?

Basenotes Plus

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia 75ml by Estee Lauder.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

I found and purchased yet another bottle of Vent Vert (1999 version) by Calice Becker.

Basenotes Institution

I ordered a lovely rose oil and absolute sampler set - a range from Rose de Mai from Grasse to Rose Otto and Bulgarian rose absolute. I figured if I am going to have a major rose kick, I may as well smell the real deal .

I gave in to my lust and ordered a bottle of Stephen Jones. Can't wait to see this bottle "in person"!

Quote Originally Posted by candy perfume boy View Post
    private collection tuberose gardenia 75ml by estee lauder.
    very nice!

I got annoyed at losing a lanvin I was after and made up for the loss by buy-it-now-ing a trio of Boucheron minis for $10 shipped.
    I also got two cd s and a book.And I just won a FB nwb of Nautica My Voyage --I think I tried this and liked it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I gave in to my lust and ordered a bottle of Stephen Jones. Can't wait to see this bottle "in person"!

Oh ! Congrats Haunani - enjoy ! That bottle and packaging are wonderful . A milliner delight !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th July 2010 at 02:42 AM.

Oh ! Congrats Haunani - enjoy ! That bottle and packaging are wonderful . A milliner delight !
    Thanks! AND it's my favorite violet fragrance ever! :-)

I bought a set of Juicy Couture fragrances in roller balls - Juicy Couture, Viva la Juicy, and Couture Couture.

After reading some reviews (all over, not just BN) I re-visited Bath and Body Works after blowing them off a few weeks ago: everything smelled cheap to me (probably since I've joined BN and learned a few things my taste in perfume has, well, "matured." But I tested and bought P. S. I love You: I'm a sucker for peony notes and was intrigued by the sparkle of Riesling (my fave wine) in the opening. I had good sillage and longevity. Good heart. Not sure about the dry-down just yet.

I started the day with a very recent purchase, Chanel's No. 5 Eau Premiere; I am learning that I "crave" different scents different days, sometimes for a stretch of a few days. I thought, the first 2 times I wore Eau Premiere, that there was absolutely no dry-down to it at all, but for some reason the desire to wear and smell it stuck with me. Now today in the car after wearing it for a couple hours it hit me: I HAD been smelling a dry-down all along, it's just that it this is such a natural and fresh base that I didn't realize what it was that I was whiffing hours into it. I get a big ozone-y and slightly powdery, clean dry down, and usually that is not a smell I love. However, Eau de Premiere smells really, really good on my skin!!

Earlier in the week I received a beautifully-boxed Deluxe Sampler from http://orchidscents.com; beautiful, beautiful artisan fragrances! I especially love Arizona--I get leather, woods, a hint of flowers--and many of the orchid scents as well. Kingston Ferry is awesome, as well!

Next arrived my second order from The Perfumer's apprentice: I have a few projects-in-the-making.

My wardrobe has more than quadrupled in the last 2 months...BN and perfume are TRULY ADDICTING!!! Thank you to all who have helped me to develop this very fun new hobby!

JeanieE

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieE View Post
    Earlier in the week I received a beautifully-boxed Deluxe Sampler from http://orchidscents.com; beautiful, beautiful artisan fragrances! I especially love Arizona--I get leather, woods, a hint of flowers--and many of the orchid scents as well. Kingston Ferry is awesome, as well!
    Jeanie, aren't those great? I just also tested the whole sampler, and I found several I really liked. I'm pretty new, too, and I totally agree with you on the addiction...There is so much to learn and so much to try.

I have been sample-crazy on Ebay. I've won groups of samples by Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Jo Malone and a 5-sample lot of Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere, which I loved in the store and am dying to check out more thoroughly. Must...stop...looking.....I now know why people refer to it as "Evil Bay". Can't wait for all these to get here!

Today i bought a 50ml refill of Chanel 19 Eau de parfum( now i have edt and perfume of 19)
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I bought 75ml of Mitsouko, Eau de Parfum, off a Danish online frag-shop.
    I got it dead cheap, so I hope it'll grow on me ... I have only smelled it
    on a strip, and I wasn't an emediate fan, we'll see!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 19th July 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I bought 75ml of Mitsouko, Eau de Parfum, off a Danish online frag-shop.
    I got it dead cheap, so I hope it'll grow on me ... I have only smelled it
    on a strip, and I wasn't an emediate fan, we'll see!
    Congrats , Duckie !!! I hope you love it too !

After ruminating for about a month, yesterday I took the plunge and bought Dior's Escale a Pondichery. Notes include Indian black tea, Sambac Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Cardamom. So refreshing, and I really like the bottle.

The SA gave me an adorable 5 ml baby mini of Guerlain's Idylle too. I can't get over how cute it is! Idylle looks to be FB-worthy to me also.
    Last edited by whitelace; 19th July 2010 at 05:34 PM.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Sur la Plage

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz - Sandalo Inspiritu, plus some small decants of Hula and Sweet Gardenia

Sandalo Inspiritu Notes:
    Top notes: Bitter Orange, Clementine, Coriander Seed, Lemon, Petitgrain
    Middle notes: Hazelnut, Moroccan Rose Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Nutmeg, Olibanum (Frankincense), Rosewood (Bois de Rose), Siam Benzoin
    Base notes: Amber, Ambrette Seed, Buddahwood, East Indian Patchouli, Himalayan Cedar, Labdanum, Mastic, Moss, Myrrh Gum, Oppopanax, Peru Balsam, Tamil Nadu Sandalwood, Tolu Balsam

Last edited by petruccijc; 20th July 2010 at 05:49 PM.

Today I bought Flowerbomb Extreme. Unsniffed.
    Last edited by musse; 20th July 2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Vintage Arpege Eau de Lanvin... I suspect this is gone off, or a (middle-aged mind can't recall the word for) display bottle... it's a 16 oz.er... but the juice inside is a darker amber. Smells mostly alcohol and 'old perfumey'

Oh well. Oddly enough, when applied under Vol de Nuit, whatever is left of the scent or whatever is in the bottle makes VdN last longer! As Christopher Lowell likes to say, "who knew?"
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Vintage Arpege Eau de Lanvin... I suspect this is gone off, or a (middle-aged mind can't recall the word for) display bottle... it's a 16 oz.er... but the juice inside is a darker amber. Smells mostly alcohol and 'old perfumey'

Oh well. Oddly enough, when applied under Vol de Nuit, whatever is left of the scent or whatever is in the bottle makes VdN last longer! As Christopher Lowell likes to say, "who knew?"
    Factice?

Factice?
    Thank you! (sometimes we of the more mature Basenotes set need help.)

Which makes me ask, what IS put in factice bottles? (probably not anything resembling perfume, right?)

So the Arpege is definitely "past its best."

Basenotes Institution

Acitasluna- I would have thought that the liquid would be scentless colored water to resemble the fragrance as it is a dummy /factice.

Ordered samples from The Perfumed Court- irresistible with the code today ..........
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th July 2010 at 11:13 PM.

MG - yes (when actually thinking about it ), I would also think factices would be colored water. I guess I just bought a big herkin' jug of "fixative" for Vol de Nuit! (could be worse things, and the vintage bottle IS neat.)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    MG - yes (when actually thinking about it ), I would also think factices would be colored water. I guess I just bought a big herkin' jug of "fixative" for Vol de Nuit! (could be worse things, and the vintage bottle IS neat.)
    Every cloud has a silver lining , dear Luna !

Sur la Plage

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse

Notes include cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin and styrax.

Just picked up a 50ml of L de Lolita Lempicka at T.J.Maxx for $19.99.Man,I love that place!

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse

Notes include cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin and styrax.

What a beautiful bottle! I hope it smells as good as it looks.

A previously loved bottle of Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere at the Basenotes marketplace. Love this!!!
    Evenstar