Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Today I bought...July 2010

Serge Lutens Chêne
    Jacques Bogart Witness
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

I was a little bit bad today. I'd been wanting to return to Nordstrom a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez for Her edp that I bought ages ago and never got comfortable with because of the musk. The problem is, I've never found anything worth exchanging it for because I can always do better price-wise on ebay. Well, they've been carrying those Tom Fords for a while now, so I finally applied the NRfH toward a bottle of Oud Wood. Still ended up paying about $90 extra for the Tom Ford, but at least I now have something I actually love and will wear.

While I was at the mall, I popped into L'Occitane and bought a 10ml splash of Labdanum for $10. A spritz in my right elbow from the tester in the store is still marvelously fragrant after 8 hours. You really can't beat L'Occitane in terms of quality and value, imo. Also, I can confirm that the Peony is back in some stores. Ours received another shipment just two days ago.

Oh dear. I just realized-- if I'm going to open and keep the bottle of Donna Karan Wenge, do I really need the Oud Wood too? Or actually, do I still want to keep the Wenge now that I have the Oud Wood. Oh, how distressing!

I didn't know about Jo Malone Tuberose while I was at Nordstrom. I tried her Vetyver and Sweet Lime and Cedar while I was there because they didn't have White Tie and Tiaras and, OMG, our local boutique closed!!! Anyway, I'm really curious about her Tuberose scent now because she has way of taking heavy hitting, indolic, white florals and taming them into fresh, easy to wear accords. Ditto her Vetyver-- no deep earthiness or sharp green, just some citrus and a hint of soap. Well, next time!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Yesterday I bought Pomegranate Noir. It was exactly intentional, it just happened.

Also, last week I picked up a 100ml bottle of Elixir des Merveilles on eBay for almost half price. I have to stop for a while now, or my husband will throw me out!

Basenotes Institution

Heartwood- Jo Malone Tuberose is quite lovely. L'occitane Labdanum is gorgeous too - Primrose gifted me a little bottle and it's marvellous.

I received my Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie got the honking 8.4 oz bottle and decanted some. Absolutely loving it - the rose note is fabulous. I dare say I like this even more than Une Rose by Freddie Malle.

Update : I got the rose sampler set . I am so impressed by Bulgarian Rose Otto ( 10 % ) I ordered an extra 5 mls immediately. This stuff is heaven sent!
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 21st July 2010 at 11:19 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Made a Fragrance.net order today. Got:

- Sonya Rykiel's Belle en Rykiel
    - Chopard's Casmir
    - Boucheron Trouble
    - Agent Provocateur ()

It's my birthday, so I'm headed out to NYC's perfume district to see what I can buy. I have a bunch of things on my want list: La Perla, Silences, some of the Capuccis, etc. What I get will depend on price/concentration. (Given what I've collected in the past year, if I add a bottle it must be a good deal.) I'll report back later.

Happy Birthday rednails!! Your list is a good one - La Perla is one of my very favorites, and Silences and Capucci are also fantastic chypres. You have a great excuse to add a new bottle or two, so have a great time!

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Rednails- have a good one !

I got samples from Luckyscent. Trying out Andy Tauer's new one plus other Andy Tauer's and PG.

Sur la Plage

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia + matching body cream

Notes include neroli, lilac, rosewood, tuberose, gardenia, orange flower, jasmine, white lily, carnation and vanilla bourbon.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse

Notes include cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin and styrax.

Hi Petruccijc! Me too -- took advantage of the Beauty Habit sale and got the 50 ml bottle. I love this weird fragrance... (yes, it does start out with what could be interpreted as a whiff of mildew!)

Some of my Ebay wins have arrived ! My tester bottle of Nautica My Voyage -very nice very like a discontinued favorite Dreams by Tabu tea-floral-aquatic just the thing when the weather is hot and humid!
    Other recent arrivals are my 1980's Dior coffret of Poison,MissDior,Dune,and Tendre Poison mini parfums and my Boucheron coffret with Boucheron womens,mens and Jaipur minis edp for the ladies edt mens.
    The celedon by estee lauder,and backups for Dreams and Replique have also found thier way home too.

Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday! I bought La Perla 1.7 OZ EDP, and think that I'll go back for Silences and a new one I tried today, Trussardi.

Rednails, happy Birthday to you. Please wear your own La Perla in good health -- it is gorgeous on the right skin -- and the correlation between the price and the quality is fantastic.

Basenotes Institution

Joe - Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia- a great gardenia - really really good .

I ordered Guerlain's Champs-Elysees EDP for my Mom .

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Hi Petruccijc! Me too -- took advantage of the Beauty Habit sale and got the 50 ml bottle. I love this weird fragrance... (yes, it does start out with what could be interpreted as a whiff of mildew!)
    Thank goodness for sales! I love it also - but I tend to gravitate towards "weird".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Joe - Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia- a great gardenia - really really good .
    It is fantastic! I am really enjoying this one.

Can I be Jojo Gardenia, or maybe Jojo Tuberose?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd July 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Joe - of course you can be JoJo Gardenia or JoJo Tuberose ...or Gardenia Joe, Joe Tuberose , Joe Gardenia ! Welcome to the Gardenia Brigade ! *LOL*
    Estee Lauder's Tubeorse Gardenia- very little if anything ..beats it in re. to gardenia.

I have gardenia bushes outside and did abit of very crude headspace technology . I got 4 gardenias and put them in a deep bowl. Then I wore EL Tuberose Gardenia and compared the smell. It's nearly spot on.

I have ordered Ajne samples from Ajne itself - looking forward to it - costs a bomb for samples alone. I am very fond of Ajne- their customer service is top notch and very friendly including replies from Jane Hendler's husband himself.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd July 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Bulgari Blu Notte.That's 2 for me for July,now.I need to get myself under control,but the local T.J.Maxx has been rockin' this summer!I like to take advantage when they have a run of great fragrances because they can go months at a time with nothing but celebrity swill on their shelves.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I just bought a bottle-- unopened and still in paper wrapper-- of vintage Mon Peche (My Sin) extrait...my hands are shaking a little as I start to open it. Nervous...a bit of delicious aroma through the packaging...hope it hasn't leaked badly...

Edit:
    Aagrh!

All gone, all evaporated, though the thread is intact. A drop or two at the bottom.

The bottle smells nice!

The seller also had Toujour Moi --still in box, wrapped in paper-- which I was thinking of going back for, but now I'm afraid it may be dried up too... Gotta think about this one.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 23rd July 2010 at 08:04 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I just bought a bottle-- unopened and still in paper wrapper-- of vintage Mon Peche (My Sin) extrait...my hands are shaking a little as I start to open it. Nervous...a bit of delicious aroma through the packaging...hope it hasn't leaked badly...

Edit:
    Aagrh!

All gone, all evaporated, though the thread is intact. A drop or two at the bottom.

The bottle smells nice!

The seller also had Toujour Moi --still in box, wrapped in paper-- which I was thinking of going back for, but now I'm afraid it may be dried up too... Gotta think about this one.
    Oh no 30 Roses- a nightmare !

Sur la Plage

Christian Dior Midnight Poison Parfum

Notes include Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli and Vanilla.

Today the thrift shop called my name so I went in and scored a HUGE haul for $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. Evyan White Shoulders bath perfume oil and mini and 2 bars of soap in a soap coffret-(this was passed with the ebay one to my mom except for the mini )
    2. avon Splendour 1.7 oz 1/4 full
    3.avon Spicy aftershave 4oz 3/4 full in a indian chief head shaped bottle 4.second bottle in a cute turtle shape that smells slightly stronger I think it's the cologne
    5.Passion edt elizabeth taylor 1.5 0z maybe 1/6 remains
    6.Heaven Sent edp 3.4 oz 95% full or better new Dana co.
    7.Charlie cologne concentrate 2oz .25 oz left
    8.estee lauder Pleasures miniedp 1/2 full
    9.estee lauder discontinued White Linen Breeze .5 oz bottle 80% full
    10.sand & sable cologne .25 oz almost full
    11.Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue 4.2oz between 1/3 and 1/4 full
    12.Amarige edt .5 oz 80% full
    13.Organza edp .5oz 80%full
    14. Hot Couture edp .5 oz 80%full
    15-19.Tova Beverly Hills :Nights,Ambre D'Oro,Signature Platinum,Body Mind & Spirit,Signature Summer
    Also I went to a different TS the other day with my mom and got
    Amerigirl-knockoff of Tommy Girl-passed to a co-worker who loves it
    Jealousy X! pour femme supposedly a knockoff of MiamiGlow soft fruity then a semi chemical patchouli woods (undecided about keeping this)
    snappy! -knockoff of happy but almost dupes Tommy Girl
    and Stetson cologne and aftershave 1oz each for my dad (his fav)
    Ebay Paris Jardins romantics arrived safe too. Now I'm just waiting for a bottle of Gucci natural cologne spray to ship .
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 25th July 2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: forgot something

http://www.fragrantica.com/images/perfume/nd.219.jpg

which has some new notes for me: including allspice, tuberose, and almond (and I love Brazilian rosewood: we're guitar collectors.)

AND, sticking to the original plan,
    http://www.fragrantica.com/images/perfume/nd.667.jpg

with magical iris and violet notes, and resin(??), musk and tonka bean base.

me CRAZY! Good thing nobody carried Annick Goutal after all!!

JeanieE
    BTW kudos to a new friend at Dillards Kenwood in Cincy: ask for Kent at the Guerlain counter; lotsa the big G's at that particular Dillards, including but not limited to : Shalimar, Insolence, My Insolence, Jicky, L'Heure Bleu, on of the L'Instants, Samsara, Vetiver, and more.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    Today the thrift shop called my name so I went in and scored a HUGE haul for $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ebay Paris Jardins romantics arrived safe too. Now I'm just waiting for a bottle of Gucci natural cologne spray to ship .
    That is quite a haul!

You will like Paris Jardins Romantiques. It is soft and easy to wear, compared to the original Paris. I've got to remember to put it on more often.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I just won a full/unused 50ml bottle of vintage (90s) Tendre Poison, yay!
    I hope it wasn't any of you guys, whom I was in a bidding war with?!

---EDIT---

And I just won this sealed vintage parfum too ... wee!

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 25th July 2010 at 09:12 PM.

My Wife picked up a Facconable for me yesterday!!! This is very good!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    My Wife picked up a Facconable for me yesterday!!! This is very good!!!
    Gary
    OMG I´ve been lusting after this one! Is it the one with a mint note in it?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

So, today I wanted to secure myself the last bottle of Tendre Poison
    avalible in all of Copenhagen, courtesy of my mom's creditcard.
    But, at arrival to the parfumerie, where I knew they had 1 bottle left,
    30ml, they had sold it! SHOCK! HORROR! What to do?!
    I asked the seller (owner) if she had anymore in stock, unfortunately
    not, she only had one single deo spray left. But if I bought that, she
    would sell me her Tendre Poison tester aswell (illegal as hell, but what?).
    I asked how much she wanted; the retail price for the deo is; DKR 250,
    so I could buy the tester for the same amount. It's a 100ml flacon with
    a good 85ml left, almost 90ml ... a damn good deal! [ DKR 250 = $43 ]

Now, I have both the vintage juice/design (on the way, see above),
    and the modern ditto, yay!

Unfortunately Tendre Poison is now officially discontinued in Denmark!

Basenotes Institution

Duckie- glad you got some Tendre Poison - lucky you, you got a tester .

Great deals Ducky! Congratulations! I love the gorgeous perfume pictures you post ! Wish I knew how to post pictures/links -but i am a complete newbie in those departments :-(

Thanks ladies ...

Book - It's quite easy, go to www.tinypic.com, upload the wanted picture from your
    harddisk, choose a size. Then copy the link in the box saying; 'IMG Code for Forums
    & Message Boards
    ', post that in a post ... et voila! Try it, it's really easy!

And that's just one way of posting pictures ...

I got to move two gorgeous rose fragrances from my Wish-List to my "I Own This" List today, Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange, and Lorenzo Villoresi's Donna, so color me happy....and rosey!

I love TerraNova essence oils! "Jane Saunders founded this company of cosmetics in 1970, first called The Body Shop, and in 1987 renamed in TerraNova or 'New Earth'."
    This is my latest; also picked up a bunch more perfumers' alcohol, jojoba oil, and about half a dozen 1/8 oz bottles of various EOs and FOs from Earth Elements.

Jeanie
    Last edited by JeanieE; 26th July 2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: pic didn't show up

I have ordered Ajne samples from Ajne itself - looking forward to it - costs a bomb for samples alone. I am very fond of Ajne- their customer service is top notch and very friendly including replies from Jane Hendler's husband himself.
    M - Which ones did you get? I've been browsing their site forever and can never seem to make up my mind. I'll have to postpone a bit more, since I just got a bunch of stuff. (eek!)

In the last few days, a few packages have landed on my doorstep...they include

1) My BeautyHabit order! A bottle of Nicolai's Jardin Secret (blind buy!), Ineke sampler, and Memoire Liquide "Livre" (very cute "book" holding travel size sprays of their 5 EDPs). BH also included 5 samples with my purchase (2 DelRae's, 3 Luten's) - how exciting! I also got a bar of the iris soap by Nesti Dante.

Hillaire - if you are reading this thread, I tried the DelRae Coup de Foudre last night. It's so beautiful and unique!

2) Keiko Mecheri's sample collection. After much debate (on my part), I finally decided to splurge on the $68 collection. It includes 30 fragrances (!), packaged beautifully in boxes. It comes with a BOOK, too! There was a little mix-up with my order, so I think they gave me 3 (extra) samples gratis (I don't have it with me now, but IIRC, they are the Loukhoum collection!). I am SO excited! And no, I haven't sprayed myself with a million different KMs yet - as I am completely taken with Gourmandises (I know it gets mixed reviews, but I really love this one).

I'm not sure if you may have noticed, but I LOVE sample collections/coffrets. :P It's a weakness, I guess. I just adore how these things are put together...

Might have to show some restraint for a little while...that is, once I decide whether or not the DelRae MUST be obtained now.

Basenotes Institution

[QUOTE=RainDropSparkle;1891478]M - Which ones did you get? I've been browsing their site forever and can never seem to make up my mind. I'll have to postpone a bit more, since I just got a bunch of stuff. (eek!)

QUOTE]

Hi babe !
    I got Divine, Lakshmi and Aphrodite ! Gorgeous !
    I just ordered Lakshmi from TPC as its on sale.

I finally pulled the trigger on Sous le Vent.
    I can't wait for the postman to bring it!
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger on Sous le Vent.
    I can't wait for the postman to bring it!
    Good on you Arwen !

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bought a small bottle of L'Ombre Dans L'Eau tonight at Barney's. What a thoroughly good fragrance!

Tonight I came home from an aggravating Monday at work...to find a package from last month's BeautyStory sale on Caron! At long last, I am the happy owner of bottles of Infini and Montaigne. The former starts like No. 19, but now, a good 2+ hours later, I get leather? No leather listed among the notes, so what am I smelling? Vetiver? Musk? Confused slightly, but nevertheless very happy with this "blind buy". Infini is "dry" (not sweet), without a lot of "floweriness". Montaigne, on the other hand (or arm, as it may be), is a warm yummy oriental. Here are the notes from the sale:

Infini EDT
    An original and revolutionary fragrance, Infini combines new aromas like daffodil, tuberose, tonka bean and vetiver, with the usual jasmine, rose and lily of the valley. The sandalwood and musk base create a unique concoction, dedicated to the artistic, subdued and modern woman.

Montaigne EDP
    This Oriental / Spicy fragrance for women was re-released from the Caron archives. The fragrance was named after the Rue de Montaigne in Paris one of the most elegant streets in the world. This sophisticated scent is composed with top notes of jasmine and lily-of-the valley; heart notes of spicy accords rose and mimosa with an elegant dry down of exotic Indian sandalwood.

I picked up a 100ml bottle of the Marks & Spencer Rose & Amber EDT yesterday in their sale for £5. It's so crazily similar to Diptyque L'ombre dans l'eau/Baies, and at that price I can afford to use it as a room spray.
    Last edited by pippedydee; 27th July 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

I went back to NYC's perfume district today and bought Trussardi, Silences and Trussardi Skin. The 3 bottles, all 3.3 oz, put me back $60 American.

Today i received my order from a Greek site which i ordered yesterday !!!!!!!!They are very fast in delivery

75 ml SAFARI by RALPH LAUREN and 30ml WISH by CHOPARD
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Haven't bought anything in probably 3-4 MONTHS, but seeing what everybody else bought this month has got me craving again! Thinking about one of the new Ava Luxes or Andy Tauer. Still waiting for LS to have the new Vero EDP versions.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    Haven't bought anything in probably 3-4 MONTHS, but seeing what everybody else bought this month has got me craving again! Thinking about one of the new Ava Luxes or Andy Tauer. Still waiting for LS to have the new Vero EDP versions.

Lessa - you are so good !

Naughty me got more Ajne samples- Psyche, Desir and Delavande. I want to make sure I'm not missing a good one before I make up my mind. Though , Lakshmi is winning so far..........

Today, i received another fragrancex.com order after three months waiting period(12 weeks)!
    So i have a new set of Silences by Jacomo(3.4 oz bottle and body lotion) and new minis of Lauren RL and Torrente Rouge D'or!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

I could not resist buying a 10ml bottle of:

and a 30ml bottle of:
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Finally hit BUY IT NOW on two bottles of Y edt by YSL 3.3/3.4 oz each splash bottles new one is sealed the other isn't and it's box has someones phone# on the side but for$9.74 and $11.96 (plus shipping) who cares if ONE of the boxes isn't mint as long as the juice is good!

For someone who understand me.

I like this perfume very much.

Today I bought 60ml of the Édition Limitée Givenchy fragrance

Ange ou Démon, Jasmin Sambac Récolte 2008!

Yay!

Basenotes Plus

Between July 20-Today I actually thought I had purchased more- but then there's the samples with purchase

L'Occitane 3.4 Honey and Lemon (because it's being D/C' ed), Gres Cabaret Shower gel, Travel size Hermes Ambre Narguille , 30 ml David Yurman EDP and matching 8 oz David Yurman dusting powder, 50 ml Just Me by Montana, Athena and Mandarin Breeze from essence on Newbury Street in Boston.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

In love with Desir by Ajne so got decants from TPC.

Just getting caught up... as I've not purchased any scents for (cough) a couple weeks.

TJ Maxx "haul" of Halston Z-14 and Nickel Eau Maximum (both of which are fine for the cost, which was minimal)

A set of all the JHAG samples (that need to be tested -- minus of course Midnight Oud which is exclusive and not sampled out, shame... my sample of MO came from Luckyscent)...

The aforementioned vintage (but gone off) Lanvin Arpege (sigh... but the bottle is nice, and the juice does seem to make a good "base" for other less tenacious and long-lasting scents)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Good on you Arwen !
    and my Sous le Vent arrived today, yay!
    Evenstar

Un Jardin sur le nil!

Samples of Neil Morris: Dark Earth, Rumi, Le Parfum, C'est Ma Vie and Cathedral...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    and my Sous le Vent arrived today, yay!
    Enjoy Arwen ! The bottle and packaging are so lovely too !

Dazzling Silver - Estee Lauder (I thought they have vanished from HK)