Code of Conduct

Default Please scent me for a wedding!

Hi all you fabulous people,

I'm going to my bestest cousin's wedding next weekend, I'm giving a speech (more like limerick), and I'll be wearing a flowy, a-line dress and probably flats. It's not a fancy do, no church, an outdoor ceremony, huge party and loads of dancing I expect.

I was thinking slightly romantic but also feisty. I'm not on the market myself, but I'm always flirting ;-). I really haven't got a clue of what to wear. The weather here is and will be soaring.

Check out my wardrobe - anyone? Please?

Default Re: Please scent me for a wedding!

The first scent that hit me before checking out your wardrobe first was Sa majeste la rose , but from your wardrobe how about Champs Elysees,Mitsouko or La Chasse aux papillons?

prada infusion . thank you Mimi
    Last edited by DavidBond007; 1st July 2010 at 10:05 PM.

from your wardrobe: J'adore or White Linen

another suggestion (not in your wardrobe) is the simple Light Blue. It's refreshing,fresh lemon peel, fresh white roses and green wet fresh cut bamboo.All fresh. And it's not expensive, you can get a 30 ml bottle fast.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Blog Entries

I think J'Adore is wonderful for warm, sunny, outdoor occasions. That said, I was going to wear J'Adore for my baby shower last weekend, but when I looked at my fragrance wardrobe, my bottle of Estee Lauder Jasmine White Moss jumped out and I thought, "Oh, DUH!" And it was absolutely perfect. So, even though I haven't tried Diorissimo (it's on my test list, just need a sample!), I wonder if it's similar in feel to JWM and might also be just the ticket?

I also strongly second ineespenes' suggestion of LCaP. I've only sampled it, but liked it very, very much and would also think it perfect for an outdoor event with flirting.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Basenotes Institution

Prada Infusion d'iris or La Chasse !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hillaire

La Chasse

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trikkirikki View Post
    ... but I'm always flirting ;-).
    No! You don't say! Slu... well, you know!

Well, Diorissimo (particularly if it's vintage ) and La Chasse scream "wedding" to me.
    However, if you want a bit more pizzaz, how about Eau de Star, Hypnotic Poison
    or Magical Moon?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far!

*slaps Duckie on his hands for suggesting I'm naughty - never happened*

Most votes are for La Chasse, and I agree in theory, but I'm thinking maybe it's too "nice girl", which I can be another day. Should I go for Hypnotic Poison?

Keep the suggestions coming, it's always good to get some one else's opinion when you get stuck in your ways.

W3pearl, I wore Light Blue for my own wedding a few years ago, so it's sort of still "mine".

Basenotes Plus

Trikkirikki, the first thing that came to my mind was Narciso Rodriguez for Her, so when I checked your wardrobe and saw it listed there I took it as a good sign.

Whatever you do decide to wear, have a wonderful time!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Tendre Poison is my vote. Daring and unique.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I always find Coco Mademoiselle flirty (& interestingly catty)...but probably not great for the outdoors. What's the weather like right now?

Blog Entries

I will second Mitsouko. IMO it is the universal classy fragrance for those who are flirtatious or not.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 2nd July 2010 at 05:44 PM.

Narciso Rodriguez for Her sounds like a good bet. And I've never tried Magical Moon, but it sounds interesting and possibly very appropriate!

VC&A Murmure.

The weather in Sweden is soaring hot! Mademoiselle is perfect, but I'm not sure it'll do well in the heat.

I'm still undecided, but last night I was leaning towards Baroque, which is a spicy rose. Romantic and feisty all at once.

Keep 'em coming if you can be bothered, I'll let you know what it'll be when the day comes. Thanks you all so much for your help.

I'm still undecided, but last night I was leaning towards Baroque, which is a spicy rose. Romantic and feisty all at once.

A rosey scent seems like a good idea Very romantic. No matter what you end up wearing enjoy the wedding and please report back what you eventually ended up with!

For me, weddings = florals. I think La Chasse Aux Papillions applied lightly would be very charming and flirty. Or maybe Kai or Diorissimo.

Versace 'VERSENCE' lovely citrus opening, dry down is a light musk, floral great for summer. Enjoy!!

My first thoughts were 24, Faubourg (not in your wardrobe) so when you mentioned something "spicy rose" I thought of Rossy de Palma. Not in your wardrobe, no, but Agent Provocateur is...

However, if I must pick from your wardrobe, I'd second the Coco Mademoiselle. It's my favorite Chanel on my wife and I mean that in a delightfully naughty way.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Hi all,

thanks for all your suggestions for Saturday's wedding. In the end I went with roses, fresh, flirty but oh so romantic roses. I woreMiss Charming by Juliette has a gun and it felt perfect. The wedding was a riot, who knew Aussies and went so well together? The bride is Swedish and the groom Australian, and nearly 50% of the guests were Aussies.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by trikkirikki View Post
    Hi all,

thanks for all your suggestions for Saturday's wedding. In the end I went with roses, fresh, flirty but oh so romantic roses. I woreMiss Charming by Juliette has a gun and it felt perfect. The wedding was a riot, who knew Aussies and went so well together? The bride is Swedish and the groom Australian, and nearly 50% of the guests were Aussies.
    Sounds like it was fun Trikkirikki! Glad you found something that fitted the occasion and I bet you smelt wonderful .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Great choice there from Trikkirikki - and kind of a nice thing to tell people you're wearing too. "Me? Miss Charming, darling!"

OK, so now I'd like your help for exactly the same reason: I have a wedding in late September in Derbyshire. It's an afternoon service in a private chapel in a school (very trad) and a marquee on the lawn at home for the reception. I suspect it's going to be pretty formal, and I don't want to overpower anyone with my fragrance, but on the other hand, I don't want to wear something vanishingly meek. I'm married, mid forties, rubenesque and mum to The Famous Small (She's doing grand, btw.)One final point is that you can pretty much name anything, whether in my wardrobe or not, as I have an astonishing stash of samples that kind friends have sent me and whatever I take will have to be decanted down to 'airline friendly' size.

I prefer woods, spices, figs, greens, leathers and citruses to anything floral (apart from lavender, which I love) and I want to avoid anything too skanky because of being in confined spaces. I'm perfectly happy to wear masculines, celebuscents and anything else.

What do you all suggest, guys and gals?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Okay, I'm a little tardy for my suggestion to trikkirikki....

but for Wordbird, since the ceremony sounds steeped in tradition I'm feeling a Guerlain would be the perfect house to choose from, and after cruising through your 'drobe, Nahema jumped right of the screen! After the ceremony, when the celebrating begins, spritz right over the top with one of your personal faves! Something that makes YOU FEEL CELEBRATORY!!!! Then, just have a ball!

Thanks UBU, I will get out my little tiny mini of Nahema and try it again. It might be exactly the answer.
    I'm now auditioning scents that I think might work and I like Ormond Jayne Woman very much, also Penhaligon's Maharanih and Chanel No 22. But I'm keeping on trying. I think I might test Vol de Nuit with a view to wedding wear too.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729