Code of Conduct

Default Burberry London Discontinued?

I was in Macy's today in the Polo section and decided to check out their fragrance area. I hadn't been there in awhile and it pretty much hadn't changed except the Lacoste Sport, Coach Leather and all the Summer ones out there. The saleswoman, who I used to talk to alot a few years back said London had been discontinued or phased out because of Burberry Sport. Considering London is a favorite of mine I was stunned. I haven't been here alot and did a search but didn't see anything on it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Burberry London Discontinued?

Burberry London has been missing from my Macys for almost a year now. Perfumania in the same mall carries it . Most fragrances don't survive very long on the Macys shelves because they have to make way for the next releases. Chanel, Bulgari, and Armani are about the only houses that keep most of their fragrances stocked at Macys these days in my town.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 1st July 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Sur la Plage

I can see it being "phased out" by stores in order to make room on the shelves for new releases. But doubt it is discontinued.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I see it at a local Marshall's but @$47.00/50ml it ain't in the cheap seats.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I saw a giftset with the 100ml bottle along with.. shower gel, I think, awhile ago at Gordman's for $30. I should have picked it up then, although my feelings regarding this scent have never exceeded "really like" - it's always been short of love.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

By discontinued, she may have meant at that particular store... I think it's pretty rare that things are just no longer produced anywhere
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I don't think its been discontinued, just not stocked at Macy's. I see it at Dillard's still, but I've noticed it to be gone from Macy's for about 6 months. Why they still stock and sell Brit though is beside me..

It would be very strange if it got discontinued. Isn't London a big seller? I don't know what Macy's is. Is it a higher end store? In Canada I think it's still at Sears and The Bay.

This made me wonder, since it is being phased out at regular stores such as Macy's, and it turning up at discounters such as TJM, is the price of Burberry London likely to fall soon? Right now it's selling at TJM at $40/100 oz, which is not a great price (ScentMonkey sells it for cheaper).

I hope not! It's a good "christmas" scent.

a burberry associate said it was being phased out of smaller retail outlets – not being discontinued entirely

you can cease the code-red alarm

Saw it at Walgreens this afternoon, new in box.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    Saw it at Walgreens this afternoon, new in box.
    I saw it for a great price at Bed, Bath and Beyond, of all places. 50 mL bottle for something like 25 or 30 - it was a good deal.

I'm like SoS - I'm in like with it. So it didn't beat our Rochas Man for $19.99 at Marshall's today.....

the only place ive ever seen it is sephora

Thats like saying Old Spice is being discontinued

It is difficult to find Burberry London in stores in the UK, but I have just been to Dublin and it's still widely available there, they are even making Christmas gift sets of it. This shows it is not being discontinued. It is probably that stores only have shelf space for so many Burberry fragrances, and have stopped ordering London to make space for Sport.