Code of Conduct
    Point Blank

Default Baie de Genievre

Did I get a bad decant or does anyone else get a strong chlorine note from this, remniscent of smell/odor in public baths/swimming pools???

Default Re: Baie de Genievre

i personally do not think it smells good either. just a preference.

Baie de Genievre is one of my favorite Creeds.
    Simple, Classic, Clean and Masculine.
    Sounds like something went askew with your decant.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I never get a chlorine note.

I do get something odd though: instead of a typical drydown, it feels as if it oscillates between notes on top and it is both unusual and enjoyable to me.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

No chlorine for me. However, I do find it disappointingly linear. There's a middle phase that strikes me as a bit too bold. It outlives its welcome. Shame, too. I really try to like this one. Seems so promising, and I even get compliments on it, but the lengthy, somewhat ho-hum middle becomes tedious IMO.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 2nd July 2010 at 01:25 AM.

Baie de Genievre is a elegant, classic, gentlemans fragrance. It starts out very good, but in the lasts step of the dry down I can only smell a sour, bitter vetiver note that doesn`t sit well on my skin.. -Unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    No chlorine for me. However, I do find it disappointingly linear. There's a middle phase that strikes me as a bit too bold. It outlives its welcome. Shame, too. I really try to like this one. Seems so promising, and I even get compliments on it, but the lengthy, somewhat ho-hum middle becomes tedious IMO.
    definitely linear... but when it smells that good, that's not really a bad thing.

i see what you're saying about the middle notes. it's an enigmatic frag for sure.

Also a fan, and have never spotted any chlorine in mine.

Love it...I agree that it's linear, but I guess I don't really mind that. Many of my favorite scents are linear: the ones that hit their stride with a good accord early and hang on to it. BdG is one of these.

I love the toasty green unsweetened cinnamon notes.

To me it's the fragrance equivalent of drinking a Hot Toddy while wrapped in a wool blanket, sitting by the fire, outside.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd July 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Point Blank

The "public swimming pool smell" is not even subtle - it's in my face from the start. Either they clean swimming pools with juniper berries or my nose is worthless or the juice I got is mislabeled or have gone bad... weird...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    To me it's the fragrance equivalent of drinking a Hot Toddy while wrapped in a wool blanket, sitting by the fire, outside.
    Such a lyrical description. Well done. Makes me want to give it another try soon.

Unfortunately, I get a kind of plasticky middle note out of it. . . that's the part that lingers. . . on and on. . . eventually making me want to scrub it off. . .

No, I don't get chlorine from this, either. I like Baie de Genievre very much.

I do get sort of a slightly astringent chlorine-like note from Private Collection Tabarome, as others have mentioned, but actually find it rather appealing mixed with the tobacco and other notes.
    Currently wearing: Tardes by Carner Barcelona