Code of Conduct

Default For the little boy in all of us...from Caron...

A scented grey teddy bear with the fragrance of Pour Un Homme!

This is not a joke. I imagine this is like a sachet to put in one's shirt and linen drawer in the whimsical shape of a teddy bear. After all, even the most virile men are just teddy bears deep down inside...

For the record, sachets were used by both sexes to scent the inside of gloves. Click "View image" to see the bear, ironically made of "grey flannel." (OK, for little tomboys, too.)

http://www.fragrancex.com/caron25.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd July 2010 at 03:22 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: For the little boy in all of us...from Caron...

Okay.... now I'm nervous. This sounds like a good idea. What exactly is a dandy and am I turning into one?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by NDN-01 View Post
    Okay.... now I'm nervous. This sounds like a good idea. What exactly is a dandy and am I turning into one?!?!?!?!?
    LOL! Are you *turning* into a dandy? Good for you! The world need more of 'em.

The definition of dandy may be as varied as there were dandies. For the most part, IMHO, a dandy is a 19th century specimen of manhood that is long gone. It is a man with a lifestyle of leisure, meaning he does not have to work for a living (this means having property, a noble title or investments, or being married to an heiress.) He can concentrate on developing his wit, his sense of style (all bespoke, of course), his means of pleasure (dressing for his day, gambling, fencing, duelling, pursuit of feminine companionship, pursuing intellectual or creative endeavours, or of all of the aforementioned...), and treating life as one long, fun adventure. Of course, this is hard to do in this day and age. We can, of course, appropriate some of the savoir-vivre attitudes of these long-buried men: loving life, having fun and indulging the intellect and the senses.

This might mean having some sachets to scent your clothes...as perfume is often an underappreciated sense these days...

N.B. Not all dandies wore perfume. For instance, Beau Brummell--the most famous dandy--despised ANY use of perfume and insisted frequent bathing was enough. OTOH, the Comte d'Orsay popularised the use of perfumes. He, his wife and mother-in-law were fond of orange flower water.
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd July 2010 at 03:42 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

I am a bit embarrassed to admit I want one.

Blog Entries

I really don't like P.U.H. but I like the idea of a perfumed bear enough to actively consider it...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I am a bit embarrassed to admit I want one.
    Me too...

It's a good idea. Now, I'm tempted.

I think if they tried this with Muscs Koublai Khan, that bear would end up in the wash machine all too often.

He would be great next to the pillow, to facilitate sweet slumber. :-)

P.S. Ha ha, Suga.
    Last edited by Haunani; 6th July 2010 at 05:59 AM.

It's only 6.5", which is small...as, erm, bears go. And at that price, I might as well buy my own teddy and bathe it in a new bottle of PuH.

I love the rakish angle at which the bear's scarf is upturned, though.

I love the scent of PUH, but I don't want it on everything. The good thing about sachets is the scent imparted is very, very light--just enough to be enjoyed. Our linens get a very light scent of lavender.

Has anyone ordered one? I would love to have one, but would rather have a compact solid of perfume at that price.

Very, very cute idea, though...