Code of Conduct

Default Which Creed should be added next to my collection? Himalaya vs. Millesime Imperial

I am really starting to appreciate Creed as of late. Not just for the actual quality of its ingredients, but also for the fact that wearing one is like an experience, and they are scents that I don't get tired of or bored with so easily as many others, that although on initial trials I fall in love with but then lose interest quite quickly. I already own Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver and Original Santal (which may be my current fave and is the Creed I find with the most variance bottle for bottle, batch for batch.) I have been contemplating both Himalay and Millesime IMperial for some time now. At first, I was unimpressed with Himalaya as I wasn't sure of its longevity and if I even initially like the scent itself. I do see the similarity to Paco Rabanne's XS which I loved when it was first released in the 90s, but is not necessarily a fragrance I yearn for. As for Millesime Imperial, I think I appreciated it more on initial application and I like sweeter fragrances. That being said, there is something about Himalaya that wants me to always give it another chance almost like an intuition which bring me to my dilemma as to which scent should be my next purchase. For those of you who have owned both, I would love to hear your feedback as to your wearing experience with each of them and which you would buy or not buy again. Thanks.
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 4th July 2010 at 04:27 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which should be added as my next Creed to my collection? Himalaya vs. Millesime Imperial

Get both. Eventually you'll own them both anyway, so why wait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which should be added as my next Creed to my collection? Himalaya vs. Millesime Imperial

Go for both if you can afford it, or if it has to be a choice of the two, then if it was me I'd go with Millesime Imperial. I like these fragrances and have owned both a few years back, but Himalaya I found more of an evening fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I own several Creeds including GIT, Original Vetiver amd MI. I do not own Himalaya, but am wearing a sample of it today. I like it, but I do not see a full bottle in my future. It reminds me a bit of Geir Ness, if you are familiar with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    It reminds me a bit of Geir Ness, if you are familiar with that.
    Spot on!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Imperial, but that's because I'm not a huge fan of sweet scents, which Himalaya is.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd July 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Get both. Eventually you'll own them both anyway, so why wait?
    Agreed! I own both, and they are excelent stuff! Both of them are very wearable for almost eny occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would go for something more formal, like BdPortugal
    just something to have in your line up for formal occasions.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

definitely Millesime Imperial.

it is Creed's signature fragrance... and one that never fails to amaze me (going on 13 years now).

Easy question; MI
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with those that said MI. I really do like Himalaya and would consider a smaller bottle purchase of it but MI is one I see wanting to have at my disposal for a long time....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    It reminds me a bit of Geir Ness, if you are familiar with that.
    Himalaya reminds me more of Paco XS, and I personally like XS better. It's stronger and lasts longer. I do agree that Himalaya is nice, but not full bottle worthy for me either. So my vote would go to MI as well. I would also check out EROLFA if you haven't already. Of the Creeds I've tried, it's my favorite.

MI is a classic. Himalaya is a great scent. Both worthy of a purchase. You could get the smaller bottles and buy them both?

Post Thanks / Like

MI for sure.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since there appears to be some initial hesitation with Himalaya, I recommend resampling it and then deciding.

I have gone through similar situations: a craving for frags that I once was ambivalent for. Typically when I retest, it confirms why I felt hesitant.

Himalayasweet?? Perhaps purchasing both will be my ultimate solution.

Himalaya sweet? Perhaps buying both is the solution. How about throwing Erolfa in the mix? Another question: are any of these frags affected by shelf life as Original Santal is?

P. S. Is there way of determining what year the bottle was produced?

Post Thanks / Like

For me Himalaya is the way to go. i love that scent. Smells just like you got out of the shower fresh!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 2nd July 2010 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned both for years, so here is my 2 cents. When I purchased both, I loved them both. As time wore on, I came to the conclusion that MI was more for warmer weather, and Himalaya for colder weather. IMO, Himilaya can be warn in warmer weather, just not at its best when it is scorching (I would give the example of wearing it at night to dinner if you are going out during the summer). That being said, I thought my MI turned rancid after about a year. The Himalaya I purchased is still usable. Take if FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog22 View Post
    That being said, I thought my MI turned rancid after about a year.
    What did your MI smell like after a year? Just wondering because something isn't quite right about my juice, I suspect it's age...

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer Millesime Imperial
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Post Thanks / Like

MI, just because you live in a Mediterranean climate and you'll be able to wear it on more occasions. Erolfa is a nice slightly citrusy salt fragrance, and you can probably layer it with MI for greater longevity. I used to layer Erolfa - 1 spray with Neroli Sauvage - 2 sprays. You could still smell the Neroli six hours later.
    Last edited by adonis; 3rd July 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would not buy either one. But if forced to choose one, I would pick Millesime Imperial.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ok guys, I caved in and picked up both fragrances. I agreed with Bulldog22 in seeing that how MI can work better in warmer weather and Himalaya in cooler. Hopefully, Himalay will be like Mugle Cologne in taking in different characteristics in different seasons. When I purchased my bottles, I was suspecting that the MI being maybe spicier would project more and last longer, but after smelling myself and my pyjamas I think i detect the Himalaya more today.

Definitely Himalaya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Which Creed should be added next to my collection? Himalaya vs. Millesime Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchaser View Post
    I am really starting to appreciate Creed as of late. Not just for the actual quality of its ingredients, but also for the fact that wearing one is like an experience, and they are scents that I don't get tired of or bored with so easily as many others, that although on initial trials I fall in love with but then lose interest quite quickly. I already own Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver and Original Santal (which may be my current fave and is the Creed I find with the most variance bottle for bottle, batch for batch.) I have been contemplating both Himalay and Millesime IMperial for some time now. At first, I was unimpressed with Himalaya as I wasn't sure of its longevity and if I even initially like the scent itself. I do see the similarity to Paco Rabanne's XS which I loved when it was first released in the 90s, but is not necessarily a fragrance I yearn for. As for Millesime Imperial, I think I appreciated it more on initial application and I like sweeter fragrances. That being said, there is something about Himalaya that wants me to always give it another chance almost like an intuition which bring me to my dilemma as to which scent should be my next purchase. For those of you who have owned both, I would love to hear your feedback as to your wearing experience with each of them and which you would buy or not buy again. Thanks.
    The Himalaya is pure class. There are pretenders, But the Himalaya stands on it's own.