• clinique happy

1 5.26%

Default poll: something to revisit from my youth

i'm 26 now if it matters.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: poll: something to revisit from my youth

Green Irish Tweed.

Well what exactly are you looking for in revisiting your youth? im sure each one of those colognes have certain memories and emotions engraved in them and Depeending on which one it is that you wish to revisit, i feel you should pick! (sorry if this isnt helpful, i'm just not exactly sure what your asking haha)

well, agua brava , probably was my first frag

Blog Entries

I voted for Clinique Happy.

well apart from the polo sport extreme i didn't pick any of these so i might as well let you guys decide. oh an i only bought the extreme version because i thought it was the same smell as polo sport. i actually didn't like it much back then but the black pepper is very appealing now since i've smelled piper nigrum. oh and i have no idea how agua brava smells like anymore.i guess i want something suitable for my age and still wearable today.

Derek, maybe its just me, but Agua Brava actaully smells kinda "soupy" to me . I know it sounds odd. Either way, if you wore Agua Brava in your youth, you were way more cool than 99% of your peers. That is for damn sure. Manly stuff.

Anyways, I would go with either Agua Brava or for a more versatile scent, Polo Sport Extreme. It is discontinued now, so it may be now or never. And I could never recommend a Creed ( not even GIT). I really like Silver Mountain Water, but I just cannot recommend a Creed .
    Last edited by Surfacing; 2nd July 2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

haha i was 6 when i was wearing agua brava. only remember it because i kept the bottle. i was actually chased by a redhead most of that year. she said i was macho lol! must have been the agua!

didn't know it was discontinued. will have to consider that. yeah i've never actually bought a creed myself. i do have smw was given as a gift almost a year back. it's good stuff.

looking at these colognes makes me think how rarely i used them in the past. the last one happy was given to me in high school and i finished the bottle in college lol!

I opened this thread expecting to see choices like Royal Copenhagen, Brut, Pierre Cardin, and British Sterling. Oops, wrong decade...

[Sheepishly backs away]
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

It would only let me check one. I wanted to check GIT and CK1. I'd have had to check CKBe, too, if it had been on the list!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

I wanted to vote for two.....I voted for Polo Sport Extreme even though I like Polo Sport better.....I wanted to vote for GIT.....These are the two I would revisit.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    I opened this thread expecting to see choices like Royal Copenhagen, Brut, Pierre Cardin, and British Sterling. Oops, wrong decade...

[Sheepishly backs away]
    Yeah, in my youth, I don't think I would be buying anything to high end. My aunts used to get me cologne quite a bit while I was growing up. I remember the British Sterling, Fabege sampler set (including Brut), and English Leather.

Speaking stritly about the frags on this list, CK1 and Burberry Weekend seem like the most youthful to me

Speaking of frags which were quite big during my youth: Agua Brava

Sur la Plage

Green Irish Tweed
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread