Code of Conduct

Default More mature version of Ambercrombe Fierce?

I know, I know... but I can't help it, I love the way it smells and I'm kinda on the young side.

What is that distict note in Fierce that gives it that smell? And is there another fragrance out there that has the aeromatic qualities of Fierce, but with a more mature flare ?

Default Re: More mature version of Ambercrombe Fierce?

MPG's Garrigue is the closest I've smelt, although it's not particularly similar. You're going to get Chanel's Platinum Egoiste recommended a lot here. I disagree with this recommendation thoroughly!

Stick to Fierce?

Woops
    Last edited by boosh; 2nd July 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: double post

Ungaro III: what can i say, i bought it believing it was a luxurious classy scent. It has a dark rose in it, with hints of woods in the back, and a slight musk and a somewhat slight metalic smell. It is very elegant and beautiful imo. Girls do go wild over smelling it at least for me. to my surprise though, after 4-5 hours it smells like fierce. Slightly disappointed because i was hoping for something more elegant hahaha, but girls still like it.
    i checked out the notes, they are pretty similar in a way

Always remember to wear what *you* like but be happy to at least try other scents. Very popular scents, the best-sellers, are everywhere. This can have drawbacks.

After awhile, the scent every young man is wearing will be boring...and being unique makes you stand out in a crowd. Do you want to smell like the last guy some young woman dated?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Please try Burberry classic (the old London). Fierce smells a lot like this one.

Blog Entries

I think its a combo of musk, some woods, and a very prominent bergamot. Fierce is a bergamot bomb to me

Someone was mentioning Joop Nightflight was similar.

Fierce is in a class by itself no matter one's opinion of it. It's not unique, nor niche, nor preposterously expensive. People will not be slobbering about getting a decant of it, writing poems about its nuances, nor declaring its creator as an artistic mastermind. But most people really like the way it smells. A&F has skillfully bonded its fragrance to its images of beautiful, youthful masculinity- and who can go wrong with that?