Code of Conduct

Default Do you think YSL Opium is a right choice for a signature scent?

Do you think YSL Opium is a right choice for a signature scent,i heard its for more mature people,i am 23

Default Re: Do you think YSL Opium is a right choice for a signature scent?

its a great scent but i wouldnt use it in warm weather or as a day wear, so imo no it wont be a good one.
    both l'homme could work tho

Sur la Plage

If YOU like it and want it to be YOUR signature scent, then so be it. It does not matter what anyone else says or thinks.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A colder weather signature scent - yes.
    It's quite unpleasant during hot days, even for you, the wearer.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Opium is great. I choose to wear it more in cooler weather, but don't let that deter you. If you want it as a signature scent, it's a good one.

Orientals are made for hot weather. What place does someone who says 'not for hot weather' think orientals are trying to evoke?

A signature scent is YOUR signature scent. If you feel you've made that conncetion, your age and the weather (assuming appropriate dosage), or others' opinions, shouldn't matter. OPH is a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Orientals are made for hot weather. What place does someone who says 'not for hot weather' think orientals are trying to evoke?
    The way i see it, there is a slight BO note in opium. I find it to get "the edge" when used in warm weather which sets the scent into a different direction. Imo its best used in the cooler times of the day.

A signature scent in my opinion has to be something subtle to not be offensive, yet have enough presence to leave your mark.
    I love Opium PH, it is one of my favorite scents but the BO note takes it to a different direction in warm weather which i dont find pleasant, or wearable.

Gucci Envy is somewhat similar and i did find it easier to wear in hot weather, but i dont think it would make a great sig' scent all year around.

You can find Opium for cheap so i dont see a reason not to get it. Its a great scent and each person may find different parts of the scent appealing in different types of weather. Get a sample of la nuit de l'homme by YSL. Im not a fan of it, and i dont have it but i think it would make a really good signature scent for all year around.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Whatever scent you choose - Own it. Wear it. Be proud of it. Only then can a scent be a signature.
    Otherwise you'll just come across as trying too hard.

Are you asking about the male or female version? Maybe both?

I am very fond of the female version. Smells great on my wife, and I steal a little now and then for late night at home. It is magnificent stuff. I've been buying it for her since she was in her early 20s, so yes, it is appropriate for someone in his/her 20s. I have tried the men's version on a number of occasions, and so far it hasn't grabbed me.

Dependent

My advice is to smell it first. If you like it enough, it is a natural candidate to be your signature scent. As long as you can carry it off, you're set to go. I assure you, wearing it will not make you look any older than you currently are.

I own and enjoy the edt and edp. Both are fantastic.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yeah I think most of us are assuming you mean the womens not the mens. The womens is great, but it was so popular you could well have someone tell you (or silently think) that you smell like their mom. The mens is a liquid nightmare. I think a dog farting in your face would be less unpleasant. Just sayin'.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Whatever scent you choose - Own it. Wear it. Be proud of it. Only then can a scent be a signature.
    Otherwise you'll just come across as trying too hard.
    Whatever Diamond said

Why not? Opium ( edt version ) used to be my signature scent when I was...16. And even now, 11 years later, I still love it. Opium smells so sexy in the winter.
    Last edited by chocolateguy; 5th July 2010 at 11:11 AM.